Hot Toys must buys???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i had already bought some, currently i have:

DX01 Joker
DX02 Batman
DX03 Michael Jackson

and i expect to buy a MMS90 classic Predator during a few days. I think Bruce Lee would be next and maybe Dutch if i can find one for a good price.Wolverine is not on my list. I like the figure but its expensive and i have priorities.

Just buy the characters you like best. Be very choosy as the cost of each HT figures are not a joke. They're all expensive so choose wisely. As much as possible, avoid "impulse" buy ok? Goodluck on your hunting. Welcome to the wonderful world of Hot Toys!

well i had already bought some, currently i have:

DX01 Joker
DX02 Batman
DX03 Michael Jackson

and i expect to buy a MMS90 classic Predator during a few days. I think Bruce Lee would be next and maybe Dutch if i can find one for a good price.Wolverine is not on my list. I like the figure but its expensive and i have priorities.

Jaroto, as everybody has said Hot Toys really does produce top of the 1/6th products, but you really have to like the character otherwise after a few months you'd start wondering why the hell you paid $150+ for a character you have no idea about. Also Hot Toys is not the end all be all for a great collection, mixing it up gives your collection a more invested feel and look. I can safely say I have never sold a figure or bust or statue because I only buy what I love and you should too

I agree with alot of these guys. Buy what you personally like from Hot Toys. If you buy them all, you'll be questioning why you purchased certain figures to begin with. They aren't cheap by any means. I've questioned myself with quite a few figs I own.

As far as my personal must buys, they are:
Any of the DX Figs (Joker, Batman, MJ, and the upcoming Bruce)
HT OC Batman
Godfather
Terminator 2 (Arnie)
Wolverine
Blade
Predator
Hellboy

I would say a lot of the upcoming ones will be must-buys as well. Chris Reeve Superman, Keaton Batman, Spider-Man, and Indy are iconic characters and will no doubt be hard to get later on...

I think the Arnie Terminators, Classic Pred (and maybe Dutch too), and maybe the DX Joker would be worth hunting down as well. Maybe Wolverine (I'm looking for one currently) and one of the Iron Man figures as well.

I would think that if you were going to get an MJ figure the Thriller one would be the one to get. It was Hot Toys' first MJ, and will still fit in with a movie/sci-fi/horror collection. Just my opinion. Some people seem to have a problem with the sculpt but not me (and I'd rather display him in zombie mode anyway).

yes buy the figs that you really want... that's the best bet... impulse buying is a no when it comes to hot toys.... like for me... i like sculpts and clothes more than metal so i got only war machine and im bd... and stopped.... although the rest are awesome i concentrate on what i like best..... space is also an issue here...

Don't get into this hobby!!! Unbookmark this site and never come back. You will thank me later.

Don't get into this hobby!!! Unbookmark this site and never come back. You will thank me later.

Yes that is the best advice. I just did a head count and was shocked. I have 21 of these damn figures! I love them but still. I didn't realize I had that many. :thud:

It depends what you're really like and how much money you have.
I'm as you now... recently go with the HT and can't stop. I have T-1000, T-800 T1 on pre-order and now I'm thinkng about Chris Taylor from Platoon.
Didn't get any new predators from the Predators movie. Becouse i don't like the movie... my favourite is the first Predator with Arnie.
So i'll never go with a figure if the movie was sucks for me.

This can be an expensive hobby ..and getting into custom stuff does not help:slap:lol

And this whole i only buy dx or dx quality, what's that about?....dx's are overrated imo, we have seen that a normal mms can come with loads of stuff(t1000) ..all that really set's them apart from the mms figures is the pers system.

you should buy everything you like and everything we tell you to buy then sell them in the for sale forum at a 20% or more discount

Back