Hot Toys must buys???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAROTO

Super Freak
Reaction score
Im a new HT collector and i was wondering what figures are must buys for you guys???

Are Joker DX and classic Predator some of those?

Last edited:
The P1 Pred is on the list, but once you get 1 HT figure, you
will want more. I enjoy the Preds the most followed by the
Iron Man line. The Logan figure is really awesome if you can
find one at a decent price.

Buy what you like, not what others tell you you should like. You will enjoy it much more that way.

buy what makes you happy, it's a big investment on these, and the older ones are gonna cost you more, so don't buy to buy, you'll end up with a bunch of figures you'll regret. i've been collecting hot toys for a year i own 11, and i'm happy with every single one. welcome to the show and happy hunting my friend.

Buy what you like, not what others tell you you should like. You will enjoy it much more that way.

I will have to agree. Generally all Hot Toys are great products. One thing to also note, HT tries to tap to every single genre so one figure that is a must buy for one person might not be a must buy for you.

I would check reviews, pics and board discussions and go from there.

Good luck and welcome to the club of Freaks!! :hi5:

You'd be a poor man if you followed our suggestions... actually, you'd be poor collecting HT either way... just more so if you listen to what we think are "must buys."

Granted Hot Toys makes some stellar pieces, but it all boils down to buy it if you really like it. That's what I do. For instance, one of my all-time favorite characters is the Predator from the first film, so I bought two Predator 1 figures when HT released him. Not to say you have to buy doubles since HT figures run high in price. Good luck and welcome to the world of Hot Toys. Your wallet will be a lot lighter.

I will have to agree. Generally all Hot Toys are great products. One thing to also note, HT tries to tap to every single genre so one figure that is a must buy for one person might not be a must buy for you.

I would check reviews, pics and board discussions and go from there.

Good luck and welcome to the club of Freaks!! :hi5:

lol thanks. yeah im a freak. :yess:

My advice: always watch a franchise film before buying the HT figs from it, i got a bumch of Terminator Salvation figures i could do with a few less of them, my opinion on the best figure depends on what you are into, my top 3 have to be, Blade, Wolverine, and T-1000, although i think the best line is iron man i've got all armours on Pre-Order,

yeah let me explain you. Im a fan of quality, specially headsculpts. I would preffer a Wolverine figure (i didnt like the movie that much) over a Rocky figure (im a big Stallone fan) just because imo the Wolverine is much better done.

I had decided to buy only DX figures i thought it was a sure bet in terms of quality, but now that Indiana Jones and Jack Sparrow (im not a big fan of them) have been anounced im not sure if i want them over other figures.

So my question would be. What standard figures are on a DX level? in this way i could have a more figures to choose from. thanks for your help to all of you guys.

pred 1
dutch
t1-arnie
t2-arnie
all platoon figures
all alien figures
hellboy

aw ____ it...........buy everything hot toys.

If you like Woverine, start with him. You area bout a year late though, could prolly grab him off ebay for $250ish. He is a very nice figure.

Welcome to the world of hot toys collecting, I too just started collecting them little over a year ago and I have 13 figures. It was the Dark Knight line that got me into hot toys and been hooked ever since. The DX joker is awesome but has gone up in price but if you can get a deal on him then you won't regret it. Honestly I would just say go with what your into not what others think are must haves. Again welcome to the club and this year should have some awesome figures coming out so you picked a good time to start.

Wolverine isn't one of Hot Toys' best, in my opinion, but what you like is gonna depend on character and franchise as much as quality. The $450ish auction seemed to be a one-off, though. More typically, they have been going for $300-350ish. Still a lot. There just aren't many on eBay anymore.

Classic Predator and the various Terminator and Batman figures are all quite good.

I don't think there are any quick fixes people can give you so that you might avoid the immeasurable frustration and pleasure that comes from selecting figures yourself :)

Back