Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this might be a little steep but considering how old the release is, anyone think $470 + shipping is a good price for the Sideshow exclusive version of this (with the crushed MK.III helmet)?

Sounds good to me.
Have you seen any pics of the Mk.III?
You want to look out for pink panties.

Pink panties AND pink abs. I think this figure was okay for its time but now it looks atrocious from almost every angle. Personally, I don't think it's worth anything NEAR $470 and the thought of paying that price for this figure is really sad.

Pink panties AND pink abs. I think this figure was okay for its time but now it looks atrocious from almost every angle. Personally, I don't think it's worth anything NEAR $470 and the thought of paying that price for this figure is really sad.

Well, completed listings on ebay are showing that people are still willing to pay even more than that.

As long as there's still a demand for this, the price will continue to be elevated.

Well, completed listings on ebay are showing that people are still willing to pay even more than that.

As long as there's still a demand for this, the price will continue to be elevated.

Absolutely, and for the quality the price people pay is simply staggering. Mark I 1.0 was going for $600 or more a year ago, now there's one on eBay for 279.99. If you're willing to pay $500 for a crappy Mark III you'd be better off buying a Mark II AU, getting someone to strip the paint off, fill in the rivets, and repaint it with the Mark III colors. Sure, you'd probably pay a small fortune, but you'd get a much better looking figure.

Then kick yourself when the inevitable Mark III 2.0 comes out :monkey3

Then again, with current Hot Toys pricing, if/when a Mark III 2.0 ever gets released we might be paying close to $500 anyway :lol

Absolutely, and for the quality the price people pay is simply staggering. Mark I 1.0 was going for $600 or more a year ago, now there's one on eBay for 279.99. If you're willing to pay $500 for a crappy Mark III you'd be better off buying a Mark II AU, getting someone to strip the paint off, fill in the rivets, and repaint it with the Mark III colors. Sure, you'd probably pay a small fortune, but you'd get a much better looking figure.

Then again, with current Hot Toys pricing, if/when a Mark III 2.0 ever gets released we might be paying close to $500 anyway :lol

I think you and I know Hot Toys all too well. :lol

Sounds good to me.
Have you seen any pics of the Mk.III?
You want to look out for pink panties.

Haha thanks guys for the responses.

I have the original Mark 3 release, was thinking about selling it as a trade in for the Mark 3 BD exclusive. My Iron Monger just came in so I
wanted the BD Mark III with the crushed mask for a display similar to that ending scene in the movie.
Still waiting to hear back from the guy selling, might consider a deal with him.

And that's so true about Hot Toys, price for Joker 2.0 is ridiculous to me, even with the interrogation table. Although that didn't help lower the price of DX01.

Was there any real confirmation on the Mark III 2.0?

Was there any real confirmation on the Mark III 2.0?

Nothing whatsoever. Not even a hint, though people have tried to find one all over the place.

Come on, though... it's HT... a 2.0 version is, obviously from previous releases, just an inevitability at this point :D

This figure looks great but due to the fade (panties) issues, I would never touch this toy. Hopefully a 2.0 gets released some day where these problems are resolved.

I know this might be a little steep but considering how old the release is, anyone think $470 + shipping is a good price for the Sideshow exclusive version of this (with the crushed MK.III helmet)?

You see dude, you're talking about dropping 470 on this thing and now HT just announce they're gonna make a Mark III out of diecast Metal !:panic:

You see dude, you're talking about dropping 470 on this thing and now HT just announce they're gonna make a Mark III out of diecast Metal !:panic:

That and not to mention they may rerelease this with the new mold they used for mark 2 Armor unleashed repainted in Mark 3 colors.

Hi Guys,

I got most of the important Suits, but I dont have any Mark III suit at all !

I left it a bit late , I know :( , but I really want to Complete this ASAP ..

So, my question to yah all is ?\

Should I get a Battle Damage Mark III or the Regular Mark III ?

Bear in Mind that my Mark VI is looking real nice in Battle Damage mode & even the Mark V has some degree of Damage now ?

do I really need a battle damaged version Mark III or just Regular ??

as , finding a Clean Mark III these Days is no easy feat ! & not cheap either :(

thanks For input guys ,

regs Daz

Not worth getting the Mark 3 for what it is. Even more if you already have the mark 6 and 5. I have all the suits besides 3 and the $400 is not worth the out of proportion for this figure is just off. I would just wait for the diecast or for them to possibly release another Mark 3

Hi Guys,

I got most of the important Suits, but I dont have any Mark III suit at all !

I left it a bit late , I know :( , but I really want to Complete this ASAP ..

So, my question to yah all is ?\

Should I get a Battle Damage Mark III or the Regular Mark III ?

Bear in Mind that my Mark VI is looking real nice in Battle Damage mode & even the Mark V has some degree of Damage now ?

do I really need a battle damaged version Mark III or just Regular ??

as , finding a Clean Mark III these Days is no easy feat ! & not cheap either :(

thanks For input guys ,

regs Daz

I own both, and if I had to pick, I would go with the bd version it has the extra bd parts and has some custom armor parts the first mkiii doesn't have. The mark iii standard is a deeper red, almost a maroon color which some folks actually like since it breaks up all the standard red across the suits for variety.

I'm posing the bd mkiii with iron monger though, so I will have the regular MKIIi in the 7 piece hall, I wouldn't be able to stand the gap in the line, so I feel ya.:) If and when the new one comes, I'll snag it and swap.:yess:and we are probably at least 12-16 months from a mark iii reissue with all ht has on the plate.

If you watch the bay you can get the standard mkiii for under 3 bills. Given today's prices that's not so over the top.

I hope that in addition to a possible die cast release of this figure that a the would at least bother to still remake him in plastic diecast is great but their are many drawbacks as well from paint chips to metal breaking down . limited possibility and of course not to mention the price.

I hope that in addition to a possible die cast release of this figure that a the would at least bother to still remake him in plastic diecast is great but their are many drawbacks as well from paint chips to metal breaking down . limited possibility and of course not to mention the price.

The thing is, if they're making a new mold for the Mark 3 in Diecast, I have a feeling they will release a cheaper option of the new mold in plastic.

Why not? They know by now people want a new version of the Mark 3. Their FB has a post about it every now and then. Their diecast version will run about $400-$500. Why not offer a cheaper plastic version of the new mold for the more general public?

I'm hoping they release a Version 3 of it when the diecast version comes around. It's the only mark suit I'm missing and I'm not digging the old mold.

The thing is, if they're making a new mold for the Mark 3 in Diecast, I have a feeling they will release a cheaper option of the new mold in plastic.

Why not? They know by now people want a new version of the Mark 3. Their FB has a post about it every now and then. Their diecast version will run about $400-$500. Why not offer a cheaper plastic version of the new mold for the more general public?

I'm hoping they release a Version 3 of it when the diecast version comes around. It's the only mark suit I'm missing and I'm not digging the old mold.

It's a difference in cold vs hot cast in process. They would need to build 2 protos. They are shoving 15 iron man figures out in the next 6-12 months. So they may wait for a plastic. I could see the die cast version, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a Mk iii reissue. They can pull the leaver for that cash cow whenever they want. Business is good now, no need to pull that out.

Honestly, I think it's just a matter of time this gets reissued like the mark 1 & 2, i will just play the waiting game with HT. All this needs is just a repaint of the Mark 2 unleashed.

I totally agree with you, but the mark II was in the bargain bin for a while and is still readily available at MSRP, and to your point it's such an easy run with the color change for them. The slow mkii sales may give them pause for now with all the new IM3 and Avengers II stuff coming out for iron man line. It's a rainy day fund for them in my opinion. Perhaps a filler after IM3 wave of pieces and before the avengers II release could be a good spot to drop a new one.

Back