Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi hot toys, if you are reading this, whatever painting process you did with the 'briefs', do it again next time, cause, compared to my M3BD's slightly lighter ab part, that 'rubber brief' is still as red as the first time i opened the figure.

thanks!

I already attached a picture of his expanded wrist gauntlet on my original post, but i took another close-up picture where you should clearly see that the little silver piece is missing. And i am quite sure that it didn't fell off during unboxing.

Ah, I never payed attention to that.

I just went and checked mine again. Yep it's there. As you can also see a small piece of it in my photo.

Many thanks for you efforts!! Think I'm gonna contact Sideshow support and ask them about the issue! Also, the hand-armor which is supposed to be moveable won't move on this particular arm...

Image0192.jpg

nice , kinda reminds me of astroboy hehe but then I do feel like he is about to swing up his middle finger
:borg:

Is the battle damaged version really that much better than the regular? Should I spend the extra $$ and get the battle damaged? The difference is probably around $100. I only want to display it in a static pose to emulate the hall of armor. Thoughts...

Is the battle damaged version really that much better than the regular? Should I spend the extra $$ and get the battle damaged? The difference is probably around $100. I only want to display it in a static pose to emulate the hall of armor. Thoughts...
Absolutely. The original Mark III looks like a $60 figure by comparison, due to the lack of metallic finish. But why would there be a $100 difference between the two?

[/SPOILER]

looks sweet, hopefully I can get my hands on that too in the near future:panic:
I'll sell you mine in January if you want it. He's in perfect condition but I only want one Iron Man in my collection and I'm digging the Mark VI.

..But why would there be a $100 difference between the two?

That's about what the difference in selling price is from the ones I've seen listed. Even if the BD version is better, I don't think I wanna spend that much more on it. Ok, I convinced myself. :lol

Purchased BD iron man not too long ago. Even though still mint in sealed box, the BD iron man MK3's rubber sections (neck, crotch, abdomen) have faded to pink; I can even see the grey/silver undercoating. Contacted HT customer service, but they insisted that it will fade overtime and refused to change for me. In my opinion, its not worth it to buy the BD iron man MK3.

Purchased BD iron man not too long ago. Even though still mint in sealed box, the BD iron man MK3's rubber sections (neck, crotch, abdomen) have faded to pink; I can even see the grey/silver undercoating. Contacted HT customer service, but they insisted that it will fade overtime and refused to change for me. In my opinion, its not worth it to buy the BD iron man MK3.

awesome 1st pose :hi5:

Can't argue with your opinion.

But hindsight is always 20/20.

At the time of its release, the Mark 3 was the most sophisticated, all-newly engineered armored figure of its kind. A true milestone.
The colors (especially the red/maroon) are more movie accurate than the Battle Damaged version, and I think the shoulder/neck assembly looks waaay better. Also, the BD paint effects (on the actual production models) look like water decals (a flaw they seem to have fixed for the Mark 6).

That said, the BD gimmicks are fantastic. It's a great figure. But it wouldn't exist without the original Mark 3 paving the way.

Consider HT's Robocop figure. At the time, it was groundbreaking as well. Now, its articulation looks almost statue-like.

Can't argue with your opinion.

But hindsight is always 20/20.

At the time of its release, the Mark 3 was the most sophisticated, all-newly engineered armored figure of its kind. A true milestone.
The colors (especially the red/maroon) are more movie accurate than the Battle Damaged version, and I think the shoulder/neck assembly looks waaay better. Also, the BD paint effects (on the actual production models) look like water decals (a flaw they seem to have fixed for the Mark 6).

That said, the BD gimmicks are fantastic. It's a great figure. But it wouldn't exist without the original Mark 3 paving the way.

Consider HT's Robocop figure. At the time, it was groundbreaking as well. Now, its articulation looks almost statue-like.

I agree the shoulder/neck are is better on the original...but the paint job on the M3bd is waaaay better imo ..and i think the original is only accurate color wise to some of the movie posters that were shown before the films release, this is often the case with hot toys..they base there designs off artwork/posters/trailers before the movie is released and thus the figure becomes inaccurate ..just look at the V1 joker.

..and then there is ghostrider's sculpt ..looks like they still just took reference from the movie poster's while they had the film itself to take reference from if they wanted..but the film is horrible so i can understand why they stuck to just the pictures.

You all do realize that you're arguing over a fictional character's doll fictional movie's accuracy......right? Okay. Just wanted to make sure.

Back