Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i actually had a friend from cal tech help me, he's getting his PhD in EE soooo lol. but basically things you need are:

24 gauge solid wire
1 x 100 ohm resistor

1) Remove covers and remove all batteries
2) the chest light will be the center where all wires will meet
3) the spring ends on the battery compartments will be ur positive
4) wire all the arm LEDs and head LEDs' positive into the chest's positive
5) wire all the arm LEDs and head LEDs' negative into the chest's negative
6) have a long positive and negative wire come out from the chest, this will connect to the USB
7) find a USB cord and cut it up, u only need the positive and negative, solder the 100 ohm resistor into the positive side and then solder the wires from iron man.

8) You can use a switch as well and micro deans connector for easy disconnects.

Oh yes, to hook up the wires to the arm, head, etc I just curled the wire and kind of looped it around the spring part.

I never did any kind of voltage or current tests, but just based on what i've seen other people do, they use mainly 100 ohm resistors, I think if you did not use any resister then you might blow out your LEDs. I have left mine on for hours yesterday and nothing has happened.

i know this might sound like a silly question but I noticed the left light of my iron man's repulsor is not as bright compared to the right one. When i turn everything on though the right one seems too bright compared to the rest. Maybe im just being a little too nit-picky but i was just wondering if it's a battery issue or an LED issue. :)
I believe when the batteries are fresh the lights are obnoxiously bright; as they wear down a little bit I think they'll even out.

I wonder how long the bulbs would last being kept on like that?

all else being equal i think they should last longer, the regular batteries are 1.5 volts each, and there are three for each LED, so that's 4.5v, prolly thats why its so bright, mine isnt as bright because i put a resistor, and plus its all being shared equally.

Takuan said:
PLEASE! LOVE those figures , but I want to see how they look in non-promo shots. I'm sure they look great, but still.

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of either War Machine or Mark IV.... or possibly both. They're ridiculously pricey, though.

Sorry for the poor light, there isnt really any in my office, but man oh man does this figure look amazing. Not as great waist articulation as the War Machine and MK 4 will have, but def an improvement on all fronts from the original MK 3.

This has been my new hobby and ____ me is it expensive. But man are they so0o worth it!

Anywyas here are some pics!

31694_10150171393115508_747120507_12530490_6868983_n.jpg

31694_10150171393165508_747120507_12530497_3177181_n.jpg

31694_10150171393695508_747120507_12530536_651084_n.jpg

31694_10150171393100508_747120507_12530489_5704097_n.jpg

Sorry for the poor light, there isnt really any in my office, but man oh man does this figure look amazing. Not as great waist articulation as the War Machine and MK 4 will have, but def an improvement on all fronts from the original MK 3.

This has been my new hobby and ____ me is it expensive. But man are they so0o worth it!

Anywyas here are some pics!

31694_10150171393165508_747120507_12530497_3177181_n.jpg

Best. Pic. Ever. :lecture

Best. Pic. Ever. :lecture

I am glad Mr Stark Approves!

Nice MOD, but what if the LEDS go off,
are there any replacements for them?

Hot toys LEDs aren't meant to turned on for a long time right?
They are not designed for such use.

Unfortunately there is no mod, I just turned on the lights just for the pic, normal he is just bathed in colored light, I have thought about modding him be I dont have the nohow or the time.

Thanks for sharing that with us butters149!!

As for the worries about LED running out, I'm pretty sure people who are capable at doing these mods can find a way to replace new LEDs once they run out. It would probably involve carefully prying open a few panels and reglueing them back once done. I personally think leaving the LED on is how the Iron Man is meant to be displayed, I wish HT would have designed it that way in the first place with easy replacement bulbs and longer lasting batteries etc...

hi,what do people think the chances are of us getting charged for the BD EX between today and next week tuesday? i assume slim cos we havent had any notices! am i right? any help appreciated!

hi,what do people think the chances are of us getting charged for the BD EX between today and next week tuesday? i assume slim cos we havent had any notices! am i right? any help appreciated!

Don't worry. Sideshow give you plenty of warning before they charge you. I think theres a 23(?) day notification or something. Anything I've ordered they always gave plenty of notice so I could swap funds around

the mod is not THAT hard, I mean I'm the guinea pig here as I don't have any knowledge about LEDs but hey sometimes you just gotta do it. I can always go back to batteries if I wanted to also.

I ordered this remote controlled power wall adapter so Ican just hit a button and iron man turns on or off. I will mod the batpod this weekend.

Ya that exactly what I'm going for, I also plan to mod all my Hot toys and use a wall remote to turn on/off all the lights at once. That way you have much better control over all the LEDs and will actually use them. As of right now I don't even bother with the LEDs cuz I'm just going to turn them on for 5 seconds before I shut them off..

Back