Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well yes, it appears slimmer even though it might not be, but the proportions are tossed out the window because of it. I mean, you say its just the appearance, an optical illusion, but the appearance is like, the most important thing with these! Making the chest larger without making the waist larger is plain lazy, and its clear HT wanted to cash in on these old molds.. shame, because I love the red on this :( canceled :(

Sadly, I can agree. It's a shame that you're cancelling though, but I could understand why. I've thought about cancelling, but I'm keeping my pre-order in hopes that once he arrives in-hand I'll be impressed enough that the shortcomings won't bother me too much.

Oh I'm still buying. I'm buying all the damn IMs they can pump out, because I can. I just wish the waist was thicker.

but feel free to buy me one Marvelous! Im sure when I dont have to shelve 180 $ for it the shortcomings on this wont bother me one bit! :lol

Actually, send me a PM with your email address and I promise you that if I ever get tired of any one of my IMs, I'll send it to you for free.

I'm glad to keep my Iron Man Mark III(1) and I pre-order the IM III BD, almost cancel my order just I wait to have in my hands and see what happens...after taht I keep the figure:monkey5:D, I think my problem is the addiction for this HT figures:google, I start collect last year, my first figure was Batman OC and after that I have a HT special room with all the figures from hero movies total 34 figures plus the Tumbler and the Batpod and I can't wait for my pre-orders:
IM III BD, BladeII, Tony Stark, TDK DX II and the Watchman Comedian.
my girlfriend say "she make a big mistake when she give me a X-MAS present the HT Batman Begins figure" thats how start this addiction for HT FIGURES, I love it.:naughty:banana

Last edited:
Haha very true. No need to even cut them up as theirs is coming out of their eyes already

it may not be perfect (what is in life?) but I still like :).

Exactly. I'm all for this BD as it fits in better with the final representation of the Mark III. When displayed with all the other armors of Iron Man 2 it'll fit right in. Tony has the Mark III on display damaged, he didn't make another. I have the V1 as well but the BD is ultimately the right choice for display with the IM2 figures.

IMG_1899.jpg

The best pic in all the forum....This pic clearly shows ver 1 looks quite plastic and BD looks more metallic

I duno if i am correct, it'd be much better if the colours of these 2 ironmans are interchanged cause the BD version supposed to be a little more dusty and so the red should be comparatively darker......BD shouldn't be too shinny

actually the weathering and dust mod that one guy did really added is really nice and addresses your concern really well but worked only so well because the base was a well painted IM. The V1 is just not metallic enough in my mind and hence my preference of BD.
As usual the detailed "analysis" by my fellow freaks always throttles my fascination a bit but guess what I can still be happy :D
I am really debating to get 2 of these again and make one setup with both bases and the BD suit with Tony head and crushed head......used V1 is not cheap enough to do it

actually the weathering and dust mod that one guy did really added is really nice and addresses your concern really well but worked only so well because the base was a well painted IM. The V1 is just not metallic enough in my mind and hence my preference of BD.
As usual the detailed "analysis" by my fellow freaks always throttles my fascination a bit but guess what I can still be happy :D
I am really debating to get 2 of these again and make one setup with both bases and the BD suit with Tony head and crushed head......used V1 is not cheap enough to do it

Hey Geil, when do you think we'll have to make our trip to Toys2 for the BD? Think Eric will have any of the Toy Hunter exclusives? The Mark II that I got from him previously was an exclusive.

Hey Geil, when do you think we'll have to make our trip to Toys2 for the BD? Think Eric will have any of the Toy Hunter exclusives? The Mark II that I got from him previously was an exclusive.

Yeah I picked that up last week as well :D As for exclusive I asked but no go at this stage. Looking at the IM M2 box mine came with the SSC exclusive sticker on it so my conclusion is that it came actually from the SSC shipment and not HK. Did the M2 not sell well? Maybe reason why he was able to get :p

As for arrival the usual 3-4 weeks seems to apply :p March is going to be one $$$$ month again. This and the i......

Yeah I picked that up last week as well :D As for exclusive I asked but no go at this stage. Looking at the IM M2 box mine came with the SSC exclusive sticker on it so my conclusion is that it came actually form the SSC shipment and not HK. Did the M2 not sell well? Mmaybe reason why he was able to get :p

Wow, mine actually didn't have an SSC sticker on it. As for the Mark II sales, it was the slowest to go. Not as popular I guess. Somehow people felt it more necessary to get the gunmetal gray.

The best pic in all the forum....This pic clearly shows ver 1 looks quite plastic and BD looks more metallic

I duno if i am correct, it'd be much better if the colours of these 2 ironmans are interchanged cause the BD version supposed to be a little more dusty and so the red should be comparatively darker......BD shouldn't be too shinny

I dunno, the v1 has a better proportion overall. So its a tough choice.

I'll prolly wait for mark 4 if I cant get a decent priced mark 3 v1

Wow, mine actually didn't have an SSC sticker on it. As for the Mark II sales, it was the slowest to go. Not as popular I guess. Somehow people felt it more necessary to get the gunmetal gray.

yeah I saw pictures of that Im but what is that about? I do not recall it ever showing in the first movie? or was it the other way around and there was no sivler one? Man I gotto watch that movie again :p

Back