Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, BD version suffers from some of the worst proportions on a figure ever. Original Mark III isn't perfect, but at least its proportions are very respectable. That's why I'm transforming mine into a very elaborate BD version, complete with armpit webbing and everything.

Agree! One of the reasons why I'm planning to get rid of my BD version is this problem.:slap

Ahaha! That would make him a little bit of Spiderman hehe! :lol

Agree! One of the reasons I'm planning on to get rid of my BD version is this problem.:slap

Ahaha! That would make him a little bit of Spiderman hehe! :lol

Actually, I was sooo disappointed to have to cancel my PO of the BD version. It had so much going for it, but those proportions man... I truly wish they had taken the exact original Mark III and made it into a BD using its final features.

Actually, I was sooo disappointed to have to cancel my PO of the BD version. It had so much going for it, but those proportions man... I truly wish they had taken the exact original Mark III and made it into a BD using its final features.

Yah, if it had the perfect proportions of both Mark II & III, this BD would be an awesome2 figure!

So you didn't got urself a BD Mark III?

I'm going to sell my one ..Ironman takes up so much of my collection, i need to let one of them go, and it may make ironmonger easier to pass on if the m3 is no longer in my collection.

:pray:

you gave me an idea how to pass the iron monger... in fact with hot toys doing lots of marvels now i am planning to sell even the mech test fig. and whiplash to gave way to avengers!

Yah, if it had the perfect proportions of both Mark II & III, this BD would be an awesome2 figure!

So you didn't got urself a BD Mark III?

No. I have the original Mark III, and I'm currently battle-damaging the **it out of it. It will take me quite a bit of time and money to finish this project, but I'm confident the result will speak for itself.

Unfortunately, BD version suffers from some of the worst proportions on a figure ever. Original Mark III isn't perfect, but at least its proportions are very respectable. That's why I'm transforming mine into a very elaborate BD version, complete with armpit webbing and everything.

Rhaaaaa... JF, Post us pics of WIP instead of talking! :lol :1-1:

No. I have the original Mark III, and I'm currently battle-damaging the **it out of it. It will take me quite a bit of time and money to finish this project, but I'm confident the result will speak for itself.

Ohh I see. Hmm I'm sure after it is done..it will look even better. Goodluck! :)

Notice this figure has hit the $300+ mark on Ebay- going to be the next Batmam/Joker DX price levels...I think it is an awesome figure- almost DX worthy anyhow. The proportions aren't the best, I agree.
Gary

Notice this figure has hit the $300+ mark on Ebay- going to be the next Batmam/Joker DX price levels...I think it is an awesome figure- almost DX worthy anyhow. The proportions aren't the best, I agree.
Gary

Only the exclusive version goes for $300. It might go to the Batman/Joker DX price levels seeing that the Mk.I and Mk.II are already there or surpassing them.

I actually saw a non exclusive version go for $300! I think this will be a $400 figure later this year...I doubt HT will do another MKIII again with IM3 and AVENGERS sure to have new armor in them.

I actually saw a non exclusive version go for $300! I think this will be a $400 figure later this year...I doubt HT will do another MKIII again with IM3 and AVENGERS sure to have new armor in them.
Agreed.
There's the original Mk.III, the Gunmetal (limited), and the Battle Damaged versions.

I know to "never say never" when it comes to HT but I think this is all we'll see for the Mk.III.

Agreed.
There's the original Mk.III, the Gunmetal (limited), and the Battle Damaged versions.

I know to "never say never" when it comes to HT but I think this is all we'll see for the Mk.III.

Yep- just pop in the ol' blu ray of IM and watch that final battle with Iron Monger- wow. Great stuff.
When HT releases IM we will see more interest in BD MK III....he is a must have to go along IM!
:lecture

Yep- just pop in the ol' blu ray of IM and watch that final battle with Iron Monger- wow. Great stuff.
When HT releases IM we will see more interest in BD MK III....he is a must have to go along IM!
:lecture
Great point.
I know it doesn't belong in this thread, but damn! When that Iron Monger is released it should be a beast. :horror

Yes a $350 beast! Argghhh bad since I usually buy two of every HT release that I want!
My guess is late this year at earliest- but you never know with HT, surprise announcements all the time!:panic:

Yes a $350 beast! Argghhh bad since I usually buy two of every HT release that I want!
My guess is late this year at earliest- but you never know with HT, surprise announcements all the time!:panic:
I'm hoping we get some proto pics by SDCC later this year.

Watching the movie again, you'll see how much bigger and taller the Iron Monger is compared to the Mk.III. I hope HT does this thing right.

I really don't think that they're gonna retain the right proportions with iron monger though. He was just too big compared to iron man.

Not alot of love for IM BD lately- he is still great , skinny mid section and all- still the best features of any IM yet and it still packs a whollop when seen in person.
Still the definitive version of the Mk III suit from the first film.
I have Mk IV and he is great, still love BD though!

Back