Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with the first version of Mk. 3..... the rubber parts of BD Mk.3 has starting to fade too.... The few pics above shows it...

Possibly. But mine haven't faded yet, and it's been on display since last spring. Seems some are affected more than others. But I don't see how anyone's shots from above exhibit it?

Was it really tough to get IM BD in that posed? Great pose and pic by the way. :)

With a bit of patience and looking at the real photos with that stance, no.

I will check using flash

Thats not a fair comparison. It'll show up different colours anyway because the flash totally exposes everything. Even though the body and waist are two entirely different materials. Only your eyes will spot it in true daylight.

My original still looks good. Nearly 2 years later.

With a bit of patience and looking at the real photos with that stance, no.

Thats not a fair comparison. It'll show up different colours anyway because the flash totally exposes everything. Even though the body and waist are two entirely different materials. Only your eyes will spot it in true daylight.

My original still looks good. Nearly 2 years later.

I know. but just as an exercise to see if the flash would show a difference.

I wonder if the real culprit is the acid coming off peoples hands. Perhaps it's having an adverse reaction with the paint and rubber...

Just took some time to look at this more thoroughly and here is my observation:
- effected parts are abs, lower torso and lower neck brace as well as BD chest plate
- I don;t see a color difference but the reflective properties are slightly different
- the effected parts are still glossy but the other areas are almost mirror finish and this is most noticeable when you have a bright light source to reflect the Mark with
- the effective areas its blurred out where as the other areas produce sharp and detailed reflection
- this may account for the fading some observed as a glossier mirror finish will produce deeper colors (based on my experience with detailing my cars with varies finishes)
I will try to produce some pictures to capture this and also test under different light sources as all that will have an impact

update: I just dug up some pictures I took from day one of unboxing and it looks like this was out of the box so maybe someone can confirm my observation?

imbd8.jpg

picture of it when I first received it

imm3bdtest2.jpg

today under florescent light with daylight color temperature

imm3bdtest1.jpg

today under normal halogen MR15 lights

as you can see color is the same but the reflective properties are just so slightly off

I guess what my question is do any of the current owners notice the same difference in gloss or do some of you see that it is absolutely identical?

Nobody with MIIIBD can share their observations? I guess everyone's too busy playing with WM and MIV ;)

Does anyone still have those pics of the mk3 all disassembled? I was wondering how the legs are attached? Is it just like the arms where you pull it off?

Thanks so much Dave! Looks like the symptom I observe is out of the box so it's not deterioration :p
Finally someone taking their eyes off the MIV and WM :lol

Oh you little...... angel
.... its ok she just split with Ryan so she is available again

Back