Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my final pose for him! been 4 days since i sealed my detolf as best i could and no sign of dust build up on the flat glass (yet)
Image0111.jpg

Lol. Are you really going to keep that post? Predator and BD Ironman love. lol

lol that does look funny,but no offence to the guy .. i hate seeing the figure in that type of pose..especially when the leg flaps are opened ..really shows off how off the bad the proportions are, the figure has lots of cool features but i don't feel the need to show off ever one of them in a single pose,but thats just me.

to SSXM-that was the only spot left in the detolf! whatever goes on the same shelf as pred/dutch will look out of place unless pred related! (btw they (BD/PRED) are not touching/cuddling although it might look like it! BDIM is 3 inches in front of pred)

to L-N-E,i dont really think the ankles are too skinny in person when the leg flaps are opened as some peeps have said! and i have the features all open as i cant repose him now the detolfs been sealed so must show off whatever detail i can!:wink1:

Last edited:
Just got my EX from SS yesterday (along with Mech-Test Tony from an e-tailer...it was a GREAT day for an IM fan!)

This guy is AWESOME. The details, the feel, the paint-apps. WOW! After I had a good look at the figure and all the intricate details, I compared him to my original MARK III...Amazing how much better this one is. Makes the original feel WAY more fragile, and WAY less detailed. Not to mention that the super-cool metallic red/gold paint apps 'actually' look shiny, reflective and metallic! Makes the original look a lot more 'plastic-y', not to mention way to burgundy/purple and matte (non-reflective/metallic)

HT really stepped up and made a BIG improvement over the original figure that I thought was actually REALLY good before...Now it looks like my original MARK III is destined for the 'for sale' thread or the 'Bay.

I definitely want to make the chest armor/torso and shoulder modifications that some have made on the boards here to make him look a little 'less' chesty, but that's a minor nitpick.

If this kind of shiny, metallic paint is any indication of how the next batch will look, I can't wait for the MARK IV, V, and VI from IM2!

...And bring on IRON MONGER to display him with already!

:yess:

:exactly: I agree!! I just got mine in too and WHOA what a difference. The colors pop so much more and looks great with my other MI, MII and Mech Tony.

When comparing my 1st version of MIII and the BD MIII, it totally reminds me of Superman IV (or was it III?) when Superman fights his bad alter-ego self. The bad alter-ego self looked dirty, unkept and the colors were muted.

That scene looks very much like the original MIII and BD MIIII when you hold them together with the very muted colors. It looks like a good vs. bad MIII squaring off...:lol

I got mine in today! Great looking figure. Although I must confess that it feels a bit light/plasticky. A bit fragile too.. YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO DROP HIM.

I got mine in today! Great looking figure. Although I must confess that it feels a bit light/plasticky. A bit fragile too.. YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO DROP HIM.

Agreed. I don't have the Mark I but all the rest and the bd version is definately the most fragile. Handle with extreme care :lol

Got my spare Mech Test Tony head and popped it on this today. Had to heat it up a bit for it to fit, and even then its a little high. So I may need to do some minor dremeling. But it looks great regardless. Now the EX crushed helmet has a home at his feet :rock

Popped the mech test suit head I got from Toy Anxiety on my BD and it looks goooood! Don't use the slim true type neck cause it's too long. I grabbed this neck from my spare parts bin. I think it's a regular TT neck, not sure.

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

Back