Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only info the guy gave on how he did his modifications

"Pics: Hot Toys 12 "BD Ironman MKIII modification .. .. bold short-necked waist, and change
Waist: cut out the chest two (blocked off by waist A) For example, a paper Pice full back

neck: open up the neck position ball joint "

I cant really make head or tails of that 2 be honest but i spose i did have 2 use the translator 2 get it in the first place ..

imx9i.jpg

imx2.jpg

These are the first pics that I've seen that really make the figure look good. Every pic up until these I have thought that he looked too red and not a deeper maroonish.

One thing I still don't like is the space between the traps and shoulders. In some pics it just looks so unreal and toyish seeing all that daylight. Not liking that.

This is the only info the guy gave on how he did his modifications

"Pics: Hot Toys 12 "BD Ironman MKIII modification .. .. bold short-necked waist, and change
Waist: cut out the chest two (blocked off by waist A) For example, a paper Pice full back

neck: open up the neck position ball joint "

I cant really make head or tails of that 2 be honest but i spose i did have 2 use the translator 2 get it in the first place ..

cut away parts of the inner chest armor (the lower end of the armor on both side) in order to widen the ab armor by adding paper to bulk it up.

not exactly sure what were the process he used on the neck. He mod the joint but didn't mention if its the neck post ball or the joint inside the head that was modded.

cut away parts of the inner chest armor (the lower end of the armor on both side) in order to widen the ab armor by adding paper to bulk it up.

not exactly sure what were the process he used on the neck. He mod the joint but didn't mention if its the neck post ball or the joint inside the head that was modded.

:exactly: yes that seems to be how he done the abdoment/chest area ..the neck is a tricky one 2 figure out,and the only mod im interested in, lets hope its nothing as drastic as how he went about doing the chest:pray:

I dont have mine v1 mk3 anymore, but as I recall there were a few screws holes in the back (not counting the battery cover) that should make taking him apart pretty easy. With BD mk3 that should be even easier with all the gimmick and such. In any case, I like his mod, it look more cohesive than right outta the box.

I dont have mine v1 mk3 anymore, but as I recall there were a few screws holes in the back (not counting the battery cover) that should make taking him apart pretty easy. With BD mk3 that should be even easier with all the gimmick and such. In any case, I like his mod, it look more cohesive than right outta the box.

Truly an awesome mod ..This figure looks much cooler the the iv now after this being done 2 it imo.
Should have my bdm3 thrsday or friday ..never would have though id be getting right into modding it:lol ..but i guess i will be ..

To disassemble the torso....

1. pop the 2 hard screw cover out, unscrew.

2. pop the arms out of the ball sockets.

3. peel the reddish rubber (Pic:Right, middle) from the shoulder hole. They are attached by glue to the front and back piece at the edge. (Actually you just need to peel it from either, front/back torso piece, as the shoulder sockets it attached to the back, it maybe better to just peel the front).

4. Grip the front and back piece and carefully pull them apart.

5. They might have glue the abdomen rubber piece to the front piece as well (at least my copy.

.....just the screws and the rubber pieces covering the shoulder hole keeping the pieces together.

p.s. Mk,3 ver. 1 has 4 screws.... 2 are hidden by under the shoulder flaps at top (glue attached, that you'll have to pry out).

bdmk3disassembled.jpg

Last edited:
reminds me of that one scene in robocop, erg i wanna try and take it apart to hide the wires but i dunno, how did u pop the screw covers off?

Really!? Well the best of luck 2 you! ..but have you got an idea of how your going 2 go about doing the neck mod??

Not really concern with the neck mod... but I'll be doing 2 mods (at least)
1. Widen the side articulation of the Torso/Abs (a surprise and discovery: The waist/abs has very similar articulation to a TT body. 2 articulation points, Top (Torso/Ab) is a ball joint, Bottom (Ab/Pelvic) is the (I think) spring loaded (identical to normal TT Ab/Pelvic joint). Abs articulation limited by bad design and rubber outer covering.

2. Raise the shoulder guards/armour a little to allow the arm to be close to the body (more range) without the shoulder armour getting in the way.

reminds me of that one scene in robocop, erg i wanna try and take it apart to hide the wires but i dunno, how did u pop the screw covers off?

No other way to it, than prying (with a very fine flat tip screw driver)... Minimal damage might occur....

Unless you have a miniature suction device... that can pluck the plugs out...

Last edited:
cuz i tried using the tips of the xacto knife but the tip broke, did u price it at the square tip or circle?

did you just pull the arms and legs out?

cuz i tried using the tips of the xacto knife but the tip broke, did u price it at the square tip or circle?

did you just pull the arms and legs out?

Far edge of the square tip (my flat head screw driver is just as small, jeweller's screw driver), minimise the damage to a small point.

Yes the arms are easy... Legs might be a bit harder, proper grip and pull will do.

OK I managed to mod my neck for Tony HS with decent result I believe.
- took the narrow neck and widened the bottom socket a little as it did not fit the IMBD well but that did the trick
- narrow neck is actually shorter than the slim neck
- also narrow neck is bigger(wider) fitting the IMBD better
- I took the balljoint from the slim neck as it is shorter
- had to pry open the narrow neck to remove and insert the new balljoint and voila!!
narrow neck (left) vs slim neck (right):
necks.jpg

Slim Neck:
imbd4.jpg

modified hybrid narrow/slim neck:
imbd5.jpg

OK I managed to mod my neck for Tony HS with decent result I believe.
- took the narrow neck and widened the bottom socket a little as it did not fit the IMBD well but that did the trick
- narrow neck is actually shorter than the slim neck
- also narrow neck is bigger(wider) fitting the IMBD better
- I took the balljoint from the slim neck as it is shorter
- had to pry open the narrow neck to remove and insert the new balljoint and voila!!
narrow neck (left) vs slim neck (right):
necks.jpg

Slim Neck:
imbd4.jpg

modified hybrid narrow/slim neck:
imbd5.jpg

neck looks a bit long

Anotehr shot showing the new hybrid neck more clearly
imbd7.jpg

Yeah this is the shortest I can can make the neck without really chopping off anything. I am actually quite happy with it but maybe another day I will chop it some more there is room to chop but then the socket will need to be glued into position as the mold needs to be cut as well

OK I felt a lil adventurous today and after seeing what the guy could do I just felt even more compelt to try on my own.
So the nec mod above works pretty well for Tony's head and how about the IMBD neck ;)
- split the neck open at the seam (was much harder than the nude neck but still doable
- again you see the rubber socket (red) that has been inserted inot the neck mold. I just completely removed it and reassembled the neck and pushed it in. The "colar" of the suit is snug enough to hold the neck in place and voila!!! lost about 1/8" in neck length which is sufficient to me :D

IMBD neck:
imbdneck.jpg

IMBD after my mod
imbd8.jpg

Back