Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2017-02-19 11.41.29.jpg

I love how well this figure photographs

This guy was my first ever Hot Toys figure. Although I wasn't a huge fan of what they did to him in the film, I really like the character design and needed a physical action figure representation in my collection. Lo and behold, Hot Toys was the only one other than Minimates and the LEGO figure. I got mine for a measly $100 from an eBay dealer. Unfortunately, I had to sell him last year to afford some other things in my collection. Now that I'm at a better financial standpoint, I'll probably order a replacement soon.

On the bright side, I did save the brown shipping box. :lol

Although I wasn't a huge fan of what they did to him in the film, I really like the character design and needed a physical action figure representation in my collection.

Yep. Ben Kingsley and his visual look were really good. It was a shame that they chose to **** all over the character and trick us like that. Especially when you consider there were two movies' worth of buildup with the Ten Rings and whatnot.

Yep. Ben Kingsley and his visual look were really good. It was a shame that they chose to **** all over the character and trick us like that. Especially when you consider there were two movies' worth of buildup with the Ten Rings and whatnot.

The fact that no-one in the movie mentions the connection between The Mandarin and The Ten Rings, to Tony's original abduction by the Ten Rings was absurd.

That being said, I still want to see a Trevor Slattery kitbash!

What really ticked me off was the fact that almost all of the Mandarin scenes and quotes from the trailers weren't even used in the final film. Anyone remember the lines "I'm gonna offer a choice: Do you want an empty life or a meaningful death?", and "Heroes, there is no such thing."? Those were NEVER used in the final film. IMHO, that is almost an even greater crime than the Trevor Slattery plot twist.

I'm surprised Disney has not tried to redeem themselves with this character. He would only need to say he didn't have all the rings in im3.

It all depends on our definitions of "redeem". In All Hail the King, we learn that there is a real Mandarin out there. The odds of us actually seeing him in the MCU... different story.

HT headsculpts have been pretty poor lately. Almost making me consider leaving the hobby. If they don't have the realism in the sculpts then I see no point in buying them. This one has it.

Nice figure, but better than what they're turning out today? Hardly.

I’d have to challenge this, lol.
Although this figure was a bit of a curiosity(What turned out to be a peripheral character done so very well),
Hot Toys seem to be putting a bit less effort in on the final product these days.
Don't get me wrong, I’m still buying, but not nearly as many as I used to.
They have messed up too many from proto to final for me to be as casual in my ordering now.
This figure is one that looks just like the proto images.

May have to to pick this guy up again one day. Hes one of the few that stuck out as missing after i did my purge. Even more so than my Predators and the Sideshow Clones.

Back