Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I didnt say there werent some good reviews, even jack and jill has a few of em. Lol. You thought it was fun, I was bored. Rdj did the best he could making it somewhat funny but I paid to see him as iron man for more the 15 mins of the movie.

I didnt say there werent some good reviews, even jack and jill has a few of em. Lol. You thought it was fun, I was bored. Rdj did the best he could making it somewhat funny but I paid to see him as iron man for more the 15 mins of the movie.

it was advertised before the film came out that the film was what happens when tony is stripped of his suits, directly from kevin feige :slap:slap:slap

it was advertised before the film came out that the film was what happens when tony is stripped of his suits, directly from kevin feige :slap:slap:slap
Lol yeah bro but for the whole damn movie? That doesnt justify it. He was trying to be deep and emotional with the whole man makes the machine crap and honestly he couldnt pull it off. Noone wants to see a peter parker or clark kent movie.

Peter Parker or Clark Kent are nowhere near as entertaining as RDJ's Stark. Maybe Chris Reeve's Clark, credit where it's due. I loved Iron Man 3 because it was Tony thinking on his feet, on the move. Awesome film.

Peter Parker or Clark Kent are nowhere near as entertaining as RDJ's Stark. Maybe Chris Reeve's Clark, credit where it's due. I loved Iron Man 3 because it was Tony thinking on his feet, on the move. Awesome film.
I was waiting for someone to say that and yeah im sure they all thought that rdj would just be entertaining by himself to carry the movie and he was but it gets old. The funny/cocky attitude is what makes him great but after a half hour enough already, put on the suit. Btw this isnt even near the top of the list of how flawed the movie is lol

Ca nt they spare a couple of hundred million so we can have a "Iron Man" TV series?

Much as I enjoyed the film Mr. Dms54nyc has a damn good point.

Ca nt they spare a couple of hundred million so we can have a "Iron Man" TV series?

Much as I enjoyed the film Mr. Dms54nyc has a damn good point.

Lol finally! someone listens to reason lol And yeah a show would be awesome but tv doesnt make money like movies do so that idea is likely out lol

I was waiting for someone to say that and yeah im sure they all thought that rdj would just be entertaining by himself to carry the movie and he was but it gets old. The funny/cocky attitude is what makes him great but after a half hour enough already, put on the suit. Btw this isnt even near the top of the list of how flawed the movie is lol

I understand where you are coming from. I love watching him in the suit, seeing the new designs,watching him fly around and blow the crap out of everything and everyone, but we have had 3 movies with that.

I really liked him out of the suit for a change, I thought it made this movie great but for Avengers 2 it will be time to suit up :lol

Lol finally! someone listens to reason lol And yeah a show would be awesome but tv doesnt make money like movies do so that idea is likely out lol

Now there are two of you who hated it, lol.
Seriously though(And i am not writing this to upset anyone), i liked it, but that doesn't make my viewpoint the "correct one".
You didn't like it, but that doesn't make your viewpoint "correct".
We all have different opinions.
And that's fine.
But it seems a little one sided to say: "This movie wasn't as *i* expected and so it sucked."
All about opinion.
And the general opinion was that it was good.
Don't take anything negative away from the fact mostly everyone liked it and you didn't.
It just means it wasn't written with your viewpoint in mind.
It's not personal.
There's like any number of movies you could watch and not like that others love.
Doesn't mean the movie was rubbish.

Im sorry to jump on this bro but the money made does not prove that people enjoyed it. The word of mouth was that it was terrible even though nobody (myself included) wanted to believe it so we all went to see it ourselves. That my friend is fact but dont take my word go to imdb and rotten tomatoes and read reviews. The feeling that the avengers left in your mouth is what made us so anxious for IM3. That explains your gross. Dude its ok bad movies can make alot of money. Your theory would also suggest that star wars episode 3 was great. One reason I hated it was I felt so cheated by the mandarin. Thats not a compelling twist, its a wtf how can they do this are you kidding me moment. Just when I was getting over his drunk club scene in IM2! Same reason that although this fig looks amazing I cant order it. The iron man im remembering is from avengers. I want to erase 3 from my mind lol but I know in avengers 2 seeing no arc reactor will make me cry lol

Bingo was his name-o

I'm with the whole "hate it" group.

They got cheap laughs with an annoying kid actor.

And they all did Spiderman like moves without wearing suits. The ending with Pepper not dying is horrible.

Mandarin was truly great however. Oh wait, he wasn't the Mandarin.

Plot trists are great. But not when they get rid of the cool villain and remove any feeling of danger.

Now there are two of you who hated it, lol.
Seriously though(And i am not writing this to upset anyone), i liked it, but that doesn't make my viewpoint the "correct one".
You didn't like it, but that doesn't make your viewpoint "correct".
We all have different opinions.
And that's fine.
But it seems a little one sided to say: "This movie wasn't as *i* expected and so it sucked."
All about opinion.
And the general opinion was that it was good.
Don't take anything negative away from the fact mostly everyone liked it and you didn't.
It just means it wasn't written with your viewpoint in mind.
It's not personal.
There's like any number of movies you could watch and not like that others love.
Doesn't mean the movie was rubbish.

:exactly:

Tony didn't spend 120 minutes in his suit blowing **** up & Mandarin wasn't a predictable terrorist, so the movie was terrible in their eyes.

If it was so terrible why are you considering dropping $200+ on a figure from the film? How many IM3 figures do you have on PO?

You said IM2 was terrible too, I wonder how many figures from IM2 you bought as well.

As much as IM3 was a mixed movie. To me was alright but Hot Toys nailed the sculpt! Looks fantastic and a must own.

:exactly:

Tony didn't spend 120 minutes in his suit blowing **** up & Mandarin wasn't a predictable terrorist, so the movie was terrible in their eyes.

If it was so terrible why are you considering dropping $200+ on a figure from the film? How many IM3 figures do you have on PO?

You said IM2 was terrible too, I wonder how many figures from IM2 you bought as well.

They aren't planning on buying any it seems.
Which makes it totally bewildering to me as to why they waste the energy it takes to type the hate, lol.
If you don't like it, ignore it.

i consider myself an old school comic fan who started collecting in the early 80's. as a fan of the comics, the movie was absolutely deplorable. they destroyed one of the coolest iron man villains by making him a complete joke. most ppl dont even realize that the mandarin has ten rings with each ring having a unique power. secondly, they took the whole "extremis" storyline that originated in comics and made it into something totally different. they made that a joke as well. for action and characters and suits the movie was ok though. i love the figures so i buy some of them and it doesnt really depend on the movie. case in point, the new gi joe movie wasnt hailed as a great movie but what hot toys is putting out as far as snake eyes and storm shadow is top notch representations of the characters

Most of the world doesn't read comic books, therefore most of the world didn't get all pissy because The Mandarin didn't pan out to be what they'd thought he would be.

Going to see IM3 for the 6th time tonight, myself. So that number will go up a little. ;)

I don't read iron man comics.

I didn't like the Mandarin twist (not the only thing i didn't like) because they advertised a cool terrorist warlord with a lot of charisma in the trailers and spots and teasers and poster, and that wasn't delivered

Most of the world doesn't read comic books, therefore most of the world didn't get all pissy because The Mandarin didn't pan out to be what they'd thought he would be.

Going to see IM3 for the 6th time tonight, myself. So that number will go up a little. ;)
i guess the being pissy comment was directed at me. im not pissy at all. and im not one that says these movies have to stick to the source material 100% either. the whole thing just didnt make sense to me. im only one person though. obviously alot more ppl enjoyed it because its one of the biggest movies of all time. im not sure which was worse, this or the juggernaut portrayal in xm last stand. one of the most powerful villians in the marvel universe, who used to fight all the xmen by himself, was knocked out by running into a wall. IDIOTIC!!!

i guess the being pissy comment was directed at me. im not pissy at all. and im not one that says these movies have to stick to the source material 100% either. the whole thing just didnt make sense to me. im only one person though. obviously alot more ppl enjoyed it because its one of the biggest movies of all time. im not sure which was worse, this or the juggernaut portrayal in xm last stand. one of the most powerful villians in the marvel universe, who used to fight all the xmen by himself, was knocked out by running into a wall. IDIOTIC!!!
and to add to that about most of the world not reading comics. that may be true but dont think the thousands of ppl that go to comic cons and things of that nature dont know about the source material. if not comics, its cartoons and books and other factors that they become familiar with these characters. iron man wasnt invented in 2008 and neither was the mandarin. why use the characters name and likeness if you make him into nothing that anyone who has heard of him before knows. just my opinion

Well guys, dont listen to that guy cuckzeh hes a big fan of pacific rimjob,a movie that absolutely suck !

Iron man 3 while not a perfect movie was wayyyy more entertaining than that grendizer crap fest.

Personnally, I like the Mandarin character in the movie and the twist to it... A well deserved figure.

Well if it isn't Shia LeDouche...
The fact that you have to bring up Pacific Rim in order to make your point shows how WEAK your argument is...
I thought you were a Grendizer fan btw? :dunno

And comparing them is apples to oranges...

The fact that a movie makes MILLIONS doesn't mean it's good... eg. Bayformers, Grown Ups, Wolverine 1, etc.

Iron man 3 might've been entertaining to a certain degree... but watching puppies do dumb stuff on Animal Planet is entertaining also... :lol

Critics "loved" it because it was 10% Iron Man, 50% RDJ, 20% Ben Kingsley and 30% nonsense...

Killian has to be the lamest super-villian since "Nuclear Man"... The Mandarin/Trevor is stupid as hell and there's no way anybody can defend the stupidity of it...

Drone-Man 3 is pointless, and it should've been called "The Chronicles of Tony Stark" because Iron Man certainly was not...

And the ending, please, anybody explain to me how it makes ANY sense...

Anyway... I'm done!
Good day! :wave

Back