Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5. Ben ****ing Kingsley

This is enough for most.

I'd be very surprised if we will get a Killian fig.

I wouldn't I would just be surprised if we got him soon. It's a basic figure for the most part, I don't see anything really bells and whistles to him, I doubt the figure is going to glow or anything, maybe simulated with translucent parts but the fact they are making a plain ol' Bruce Banner would lead me to believe they aren't above it.

The thing is how long until we got Monger? How long until we're getting Whiplash? HT definitely goes heroes ***** to the wall and then villains as an afterthought unless they are media darlings.

This is enough for most.

I wouldn't I would just be surprised if we got him soon. It's a basic figure for the most part, I don't see anything really bells and whistles to him, I doubt the figure is going to glow or anything, maybe simulated with translucent parts but the fact they are making a plain ol' Bruce Banner would lead me to believe they aren't above it.

The thing is how long until we got Monger? How long until we're getting Whiplash? HT definitely goes heroes ***** to the wall and then villains as an afterthought unless they are media darlings.

Whiplash was the first or second figure from Iron Man 2. Monger took so long just due to his size and complexity. That means a big price tag. They wanted to make sure the interest was there. I don't have an answer on Whiplash Mark 2 though.

Suited 'civilian' figures are never a lock. They are always hit and miss, even if they are the main villain. Heck, we didn't get a cool Lizard figure from ASM and he would make a more visually interesting figure than Killian, even if he lights up.

90% of audiences love the twist- at least it seems like it. This movie is breaking records and getting great word of mouth. We are going to get a HT Mandarin and possibly Killian...HT will go all out on this movie....

Suited 'civilian' figures are never a lock. They are always hit and miss, even if they are the main villain. Heck, we didn't get a cool Lizard figure from ASM and he would make a more visually interesting figure than Killian, even if he lights up.

Except for maybe a Ra's from begins. The Neeson one; not Watanabe.

We better not get Killian. HT couldn't make GL happen because of light up body better not make it happen for freakin IM......who am I kidding :slap

But part of the issue is that for GL (to make it look right) you'd have to have the light-up effect consistently over a lot of the figure. Same thing with the Tron figures. But with Killian, you can just have a couple "hot" spots (chest, maybe one or both hands) similar to the way Iron Man works. It'd be cool if they embedded the light in his chest inside molded internal organs that glowed when you pushed the button so you could see the shapes and shadows of them faintly!

I'm not expecting that, though.

I cant believe some people are still even considering buying this! Madness!

Madness?

THIS IS SIDESHOW!

this-is-sparta-o.gif

Saw the movie for the 3rd time tonight. After my first viewing, I was thinking more along the lines that Trevor wasn't "really the villain" so I didn't want him. But after digesting the whole idea I think now I want this figure because Kingsley was so amazing in the role.

So demonic and intimidating when he was "acting" and such a schulb when he was really himself. I'll bet it was a really fun role to play.

I saw an interview with BK recently that took place before the release of the movie. The interviewer was asking BK about The Mandarin and how scary he was, what it was like playing such an evil character.

I don't know how Kingsley kept a straight face during such interviews.

But part of the issue is that for GL (to make it look right) you'd have to have the light-up effect consistently over a lot of the figure. Same thing with the Tron figures. But with Killian, you can just have a couple "hot" spots (chest, maybe one or both hands) similar to the way Iron Man works. It'd be cool if they embedded the light in his chest inside molded internal organs that glowed when you pushed the button so you could see the shapes and shadows of them faintly!

I'm not expecting that, though.

I think they'd just need to simulate it with translucent parts. For him to look right with lights, he'd need them on constantly. At least Iron man looks good when not lit up. He would look goofy when the lights aren't on so I think the effect achieved through paint and plastic would be the best route to go. Offer two heads and two bodies would be best - flame on and flame off.

Saw the movie for the 3rd time tonight. After my first viewing, I was thinking more along the lines that Trevor wasn't "really the villain" so I didn't want him. But after digesting the whole idea I think now I want this figure because Kingsley was so amazing in the role.

So demonic and intimidating when he was "acting" and such a schulb when he was really himself. I'll bet it was a really fun role to play.

I saw an interview with BK recently that took place before the release of the movie. The interviewer was asking BK about The Mandarin and how scary he was, what it was like playing such an evil character.

I don't know how Kingsley kept a straight face during such interviews.

I look at them now as he was basically answering the questions from Trevor's perspective. The process would have been the same for him and Trevor so that would have given him something to answer with. I'd love to have him interviewed now that the film is out.

Back