Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on Hot Toys I'm ready to see the full reveal so I can decide whether this is a must get or an easy pass :impatient:

I agree. I don't think this character warrants a figure from HT to be honest.

Are you kidding me? Even marvel top exec Kevin Feige, President of Production at Marvel Studios, and Stephen Broussard, Executive Producer of Iron Man 3 on the Iron Man 3 movie can't wait to get this figure.

HT: Which is your most anticipated Marvel character to be seen as Collectible Figure?

K & S: All the Hot Toys have been fantastic so far. We're looking forward to finally seeing The Mandarin and the first Captain America costume figure.

:lol

Are you kidding me? Even marvel top exec Kevin Feige, President of Production at Marvel Studios, and Stephen Broussard, Executive Producer of Iron Man 3 on the Iron Man 3 movie can't wait to get this figure.

HT: Which is your most anticipated Marvel character to be seen as Collectible Figure?

K & S: All the Hot Toys have been fantastic so far. We're looking forward to finally seeing The Mandarin and the first Captain America costume figure.

:lol

What can I say? What ever floats their boat. :lol

:lol:rotfl

Honestly, best character from IM3 after Tony himself. Seriously.

Brilliantly executed.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh I agree. It was brilliantly executed but I don't think it warrants a $300 figure but that's just my opinion.

Oh I agree. It was brilliantly executed but I don't think it warrants a $300 figure but that's just my opinion.

Well, not disagreeing with ya. I'm not getting this fig regardless but if it turns out amazing AND cheap AND I happen to have cash laying around I'd get it. So no chance.:lol

After thinking about it... I think I'd rather have this fig and tony, possibly Killian if they make him, than any of the suits. The only suit I want now is Siver Centurion.

This movie was definitely not about the suits!

I really hope this wasn't just a red-herring to stir up conversation. This and maybe Tony are the only two figures from the movie I have any interest in.

This movie was definitely not about the suits!

Hah! Pretty much. I'd definitely want a figure of Killian (in Mandarin mode), though it'd be great to see HT push this through and keep going at it with the whole Trevor as "Mandarin" gimmick. :lol

In fairness, Shane Black did say that this idealized image of the Mandarin still served as Killian's proxy, and his admittance to the whole thing and self-referral as "The Mandarin" means that he still takes credit for all of it. So even with the twist, this figure is still pretty closely tied to Killian, albeit with some comedy attached to it thanks to Trevor.

as much as i didnt like the how the mandarin thing played out in the film i loved the look of BK as the mandarin and def want to get the figure bcuz of the look or heck if they make a Killian then just swap the clothing lol but does anyone consider that in the first two movies the ten rings terrorist group is featured and prominently in the first movie but in the third movie its apparently just a gimmick? was Killian in on it from the begining as in Stane and him in the first movie? do you get what i am saying? man this has to be a plot hole right?

as much as i didnt like the how the mandarin thing played out in the film i loved the look of BK as the mandarin and def want to get the figure bcuz of the look or heck if they make a Killian then just swap the clothing lol but does anyone consider that in the first two movies the ten rings terrorist group is featured and prominently in the first movie but in the third movie its apparently just a gimmick? was Killian in on it from the begining as in Stane and him in the first movie? do you get what i am saying? man this has to be a plot hole right?

No matter how hard one might try to make sense of it, it's definitely a plot hole that was never addressed onscreen.

I've seen people come up with 3 different explanations:

1) Killian planned it all along and he orchestrated Tony's capture with Stane. This brings a sense of "full circle" in that Killian somehow had a hand in Tony's capture right from the start.

2) The Ten Rings are actually an independent terrorist group that is separate from Killian. After they fell apart in IM1 (Stane had most of the members killed remember), Killian used the connection between the group and Stark to create the concept of "The Mandarin" to act as a fake leader for the terrorist group. By doing that, he's using the name of a real yet essentially dead group as a public front without the risk of actually drawing their attention (since they're dead). Remember, Killian wanted to create a fake sense of "war on terror" so that he'd get more support and funding for AIM from the government, and he planned to do it by creating the "Mandarin" as a terrorist threat that needs to be "fought".

3) The Ten Rings are an independent terrorist group which would later go on to be funded by AIM. This is also pretty close to explanation #2 since Killian himself isn't necessarily their direct leader, but their backer. In this sense, Killian is essentially creating a monopoly on the "war on terror" by backing both the Ten Rings and hiding their leader "The Mandarin", and by getting support for AIM from the government.

Last edited:
No matter how hard one might try to make sense of it, it's definitely a plot hole that was never addressed onscreen.

1) Killian planned it all along and he orchestrated Tony's capture with Stane. This brings a sense of "full circle" in that Killian somehow had a hand in Tony's capture right from the start.

2) The Ten Rings are actually an independent terrorist group that is separate from Killian. After they fell apart in IM1 (Stane had most of the members killed remember), Killian used the connection between the group and Stark to create the concept of "The Mandarin" to act as a fake leader for the terrorist group. By doing that, he's using the name of a real yet essentially dead group as a public front without the risk of actually drawing their attention (since they're dead). Remember, Killian wanted to create a fake sense of "war on terror" so that he'd get more support and funding for AIM from the government, and he planned to do it by creating the "Mandarin" as a terrorist threat that needs to be "fought".

3) The Ten Rings are an independent terrorist group which would later go on to be funded by AIM. This is also pretty close to explanation #2 since Killian himself isn't necessarily their direct leader, but their backer. In this sense, Killian is essentially creating a monopoly on the "war on terror" by backing both the Ten Rings and hiding their leader "The Mandarin", and by getting support for AIM from the government.

all these would make sense too bad they failed to explain it even in the tiniest bit.. somehow i find it to be shane blacks fault bcuz i felt favreau(sp?) was doing a good job with the story though the failure of IM2 compared to the first probably made him feel at ease leaving the directors chair.. idk just disappointed with this film and potential it left untapped imo

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Sadly this has to be explained at least upto an extent by the filmmakers themselves, not speculated by us.

all these would make sense too bad they failed to explain it even in the tiniest bit.. somehow i find it to be shane blacks fault bcuz i felt favreau(sp?) was doing a good job with the story though the failure of IM2 compared to the first probably made him feel at ease leaving the directors chair.. idk just disappointed with this film and potential it left untapped imo
:exactly:
IDK if Favreau could've delivered a better flick but this definitely had loads of potential to uncover.

Sounds like Ra's Al Ghul/Ducard redux.

Pretty much.

It's ridiculous how much butt-hurt a lot of fans are by the twist and the Wiki article of the Mandarin has had its fair share of people continually insisting that there's no actual Mandarin in the film after all (due to their dislike of the twist), blatantly ignoring the fact that Shane Black had recently admitted that Killian is actually the MCU's version of the Mandarin. :slap

I don't even ****ing care if Killian is MCU's version of the Mandarin or not. I just wanted to see some real goddamn purpose of the suits rather than having them
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back