Hot Toys Moon Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eyes have come out better than I expected. Usually whenever there's an LED effect they come off looking dead or 'empty' when it's off (which it will be 99.9% of the time).
They look too far apart imo and they’re more grey than white. The whole thing just blends together as if it’s been hit with a coat of primer or something.

HT Moon Knight_3.jpeg

The duller look of the material on the upper arms (below the shoulder armor) and abdomen looks much more cloth-like than what's on the armored pieces. IDK, it seems like if they just used that material/pattern on the armor and face wrappings as well it might solve the looking plasticky problem.

Looks way worse in regular lighting. Looks super flat and the plasticky look is way more apparent. I don’t wanna be able to see through the back of the hood either.

View attachment 570522View attachment 570523View attachment 570524View attachment 570525View attachment 570526View attachment 570527View attachment 570528
agreed...looks very fake. lazy release IMO. ditch the huge moon display and put that effort into a mixed media figure. they could have really made this something spectacular

Glad the eyes look nice and white. That was a concern. He looks good in natural lighting, I think.

agreed...looks very fake. lazy release IMO. ditch the huge moon display and put that effort into a mixed media figure. they could have really made this something spectacular
I may be wrong but I think the 'Moon Display' is actually just a thin clamshell piece like the digital clamshell effects that came with the spider-man far from home figures.

With the obvious gaps, this looks like an oversized helmet rather than a hood
I don't know why the didn't just make the molded piece an insert for a cloth hood. The cloth could be glued to it flush on the top side and be thin enough for the raised surfaces on the plastic piece to still be seen clearly, plus the cloth hood could extend down at the back and tucked in so it looks natural.

I don't know why the didn't just make the molded piece an insert for a cloth hood. The cloth could be glued to it flush on the top side and be thin enough for the raised surfaces on the plastic piece to still be seen clearly, plus the cloth hood could extend down at the back and tucked in so it looks natural.
Yeah, was already idly wondering if the hood, and maybe the chest pieces, could be overlaid with cloth e.g. coat with glue and mold thin cloth over; and just re-wrap the chest piece with cloth as well as the face. A lot of work for something IMO that should have been done in the first place.

Yeah, was already idly wondering if the hood, and maybe the chest pieces, could be overlaid with cloth e.g. coat with glue and mold thin cloth over; and just re-wrap the chest piece with cloth as well as the face. A lot of work for something IMO that should have been done in the first place.

As much as I'd like it to be mostly cloth as well, I don't think it can be feasible. Durability will definitely be questionable as the fabric can fray at the edges and that's a lot of strips. They can opt for finished edges but overlaying it on top of each other will end up making areas too bulky. Marvel shouldn't have gone for the mummy look I think. I know it's based on Egyptian mythology but just because it is, it didn't have to be mummy-esque.

As long as I get mine! Please tell me Hot Toys never cancels figures once they've gone up for pre-order. It would break my heart.
Well, there are lots of people on this forum who have been in this hobby much longer than I, but I can't remember a figure going up for pre-order then subsequently being canceled. That said, it can take a real looong time between the time a figure goes up for pre-order and the time it ships, but that is a different issue isn't it.

I hope that you love your Moon Knight figure when he finally arrives :)

Last edited:
I wish it was all cloth too but how would that even be possible without doubling the price just for the labor it would require in mass production? How would each one not look different from the next if you were wrapping little bandages around all the parts on the suit that have wrapping on them? There are a few spots that could have been cloth instead of plastic but not much.

Oh noes. The pants aren't accurate. What are the chances they'll fix that? We know HT sometimes does and sometimes they don't.
The pants actually look pretty spot on to me. I think if they lose the sheen on the hood, face, shoulder pads, knee pads and chest armor it'll look just fine. Oh, and lighten the color of his boots. Also widen the cloth belt at the sides, as it seems to cover more of him in that area in the show. And have the hood tuck in at the back. So basically change about 75-80% of him. That's not asking too much, is it? :lol

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 10-36-57 The first big Moon Knight MCU Easter egg appears in episode 2.png

The pants actually look pretty spot on to me. I think if they lose the sheen on the hood, face, shoulder pads, knee pads and chest armor it'll look just fine. Oh, and lighten the color of his boots. Also widen the cloth belt at the sides, as it seems to cover more of him in that area in the show. And have the hood tuck in at the back. So basically change about 75-80% of him. That's not asking too much, is it? :lol

View attachment 570610

Huh... but on the other screenshot posted (running), it's different. It has a separate looking piece on the outside of the leg. Cue PO for Moon Knight v2 pants with headsculpt and some cloth fabric.

Huh... but on the other screenshot posted (running), it's different. It has a separate looking piece on the outside of the leg. Cue PO for Moon Knight v2 pants with headsculpt and some cloth fabric.
Yeah that does look a bit different in that shot. Weird. Well, that looks rather shiny so perhaps it's a good thing HT didn't have that to reference.

Yeah that does look a bit different in that shot. Weird. Well, that looks rather shiny so perhaps it's a good thing HT didn't have that to reference.

Unless it's Disney again doing their post production CGI changes. We'll find out more as the episodes come in.

Well, there are lots of people on this forum who have been in this hobby much longer than I, but I can't remember a figure going up for pre-order then subsequently being canceled. That said, it can take real looong time between the time a figure goes up for pre-order and the time it ships, but that is a different issue isn't it.

I hope that you love you Moon Knight figure when he finally arrives :)
I’ve been collecting about 10 years and I can’t recall them ever canceling an announced figure. Plenty of delays and changes though.

I like that he can pose with the moon "claw" effect.
6bq5b1.gif

The glaze on all the bandages really kills the fabric illusion. Hopefully there is a way to temper that.

15d4c1ac-38b3-4f72-a412-4e2746fd51a1-jpeg.570526
I mean, he is mostly one shade of grey. Lighting will definitely help this pop a bit more but in natural light it was always going to look a bit flat.

Back