Hot Toys Moon Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest change that would have the greatest impact would be to overlay and glue fabric to the chest plate and shoulder armor.

Looks way worse in regular lighting. Looks super flat and the plasticky look is way more apparent. I don’t wanna be able to see through the back of the hood either.

View attachment 570522View attachment 570523View attachment 570524View attachment 570525View attachment 570526View attachment 570527View attachment 570528
This is all I can think of:

diorthotiko-ygro-bic-20ml--pr--869.jpg

I really hope they make a Mr. Knight, because I honestly can't see myself dropping the cash for this. The detached hood just reminds me of my 20$ Hasbro Dooms... Mr. Knight was an absolute disappointment in the actual show, but the suit is pretty close to the source, so I'm okay with buying the doll. Add a HS, some good accessories and fine tailoring, and it'll at least look good and fit in.

mengenal-mr-knight-sosok-berjas-putih-di-moon-knight-yang-tak-kalah-unik57_700.jpg

If MK shows up again in some Midnight Sons type of thing, with another, better suit, and I have another chance at him, great. If not, I'll be content with Mr. Knight as a representation of the character. I'd much rather a good alt that fits with the rest of my "high end toys", rather than the default suit that however looks so off. Granted, it's not all HT's fault, as the suit does look plasticky even in the actual show and photos. But I just can't drop 300€ on something like that. It doesn't even have any cool Egyptian extras. I'm praying for a Mr. Knight, but if nothing comes until the end of the year, I may get tempted. We don't 100% know that he'll return anywhere (they sign one-and-done contracts now, no multi-picture deals), or that he'll even change his look. I like the idea behind the redesigned mummy-suit, but in the real world it falls flat because of budget and whatever other limitations. It works in stuff like promos, but it's too rubbery in actuality.

cia.dm398_empire_second_cover_static_4x5_dated.png
moonknightpromoart2.jpg

So, yeah, I'm hoping for the better suit to get a figure. Much as I'd have liked a cool mummy to join my display, I'll settle for the Pimp look (which I hope happens, because then FOMO will settle ina nd I'll pull the trigger just to have an MK...).

View attachment 570564

The duller look of the material on the upper arms (below the shoulder armor) and abdomen looks much more cloth-like than what's on the armored pieces. IDK, it seems like if they just used that material/pattern on the armor and face wrappings as well it might solve the looking plasticky problem.

I think the eyes blend in too much when off, the whole face has no contrast at all- all that detail just blurs together. If this was a Marvel Legend I'd say it could use a diluted dark wash. Considering how grey the whole lot is seems like the eyes could be a brighter white color and stand out a bit more but I guess the opacity hampers that

I think the eyes blend in too much when off, the whole face has no contrast at all- all that detail just blurs together. If this was a Marvel Legend I'd say it could use a diluted dark wash. Considering how grey the whole lot is seems like the eyes could be a brighter white color and stand out a bit more but I guess the opacity hampers that
That's my problem, it just looks so flat, the details don't pop and it just looks like a big blob of grey.

Zooming in I see that the entire chest piece is a combination gold & silver armor piece wrapped in strips of cloth (or in this case plastic). I hadn’t noticed that underlying detail until now.

Hopefully they can tone down the glossy sheen on the synthetic pieces. If they can this will likely look fine. I’m glad the eyes are white. They still look good without being lit up.

Hmm, yeah I don't mind them going with the plastic pieces. I think the sculpted plastic should mimic how the cloth would look, and in my opinion it does look pretty good save for the aforementioned shine :lol

I think they mainly need to work on the chest plate, head sculpt, and hood. Maybe as simple as paint apps, or maybe try to find some way to incorporate cloth into it.

The pants look pretty good to me. What I don't think I've seen anyone comment on is the cape. The cape looks amazing, like they actually heavily wired a cape for once. We should be able to pose the cape however we please and not have to buy a custom.

I think they mainly need to work on the chest plate, head sculpt, and hood. Maybe as simple as paint apps, or maybe try to find some way to incorporate cloth into it.

The pants look pretty good to me. What I don't think I've seen anyone comment on is the cape. The cape looks amazing, like they actually heavily wired a cape for once. We should be able to pose the cape however we please and not have to buy a custom.
The cape does look great.

I really can’t tell, but some images almost make me think it could do the crescent moon shape, but that may just be wishful thinking.

HS, no HS, that is still a figure that I'm not spending 350€ on. It's like an unpainted WH40K model. It's not HT's fault per se as that is the tv look, but their shortcuts made it worse. It hurts that the Mezco ones are pretty much perfect in regards to a small, pages-to-3D MK doll:

productimg
71pI9hFUFaL._AC_SX522_.jpg

I'll be just fine with my Mr. Knight (which I hope HT makes and gives him an Isaac sculpt plus some cool extras) and hope they give him another suit moving forward. I'm rooting for the Shalvey look personally:

moon_knight_declan_shalvey.jpg

The all-white is the classic and has a unique look, but I like how the new one has him blend into the night with the black parts, making the chest armour stand out and create a crescent moon, same with the hood and the head. I get the Egyptian theme of the D+ suit, and I like the idea, but MK's design, name and lore never made sense. He's a "Knight" but has no armour (or Code, or anything tied to the concept), he dresses like a ninja themed like a ghost, and the Egyptian bit is lot beyond the Moon insignia. So going purely off aesthetics, I think the Shalvey/Ellis look works best. It's armour (Knight), it's got the Moon bits, it keeps the Spectre look, and the centre armour looks like an Egyptian collar. Plus, it wouldn't dirty as easily as an all-white suit, which could face the same problems as this one, meaning it looking "unpainted". Not to mention, with the Shalvey/Ellis look, there wouldn't be a problem of the mixed media not coming together. The black would be cloth/soft goods and the armoured bits would be plastic as usual. None of that cloth-bandages-sculpted-and-looking-cheap nonsense.

I have been slowly working on a custom of the Shalvey armoured Moon Knight look. One day, I'll get it finished.

Such a fantastic design. I'm glad I picked up the Mezco version.

Back