Hot Toys Moon Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both of these are $285.

4832F318-B59C-497F-AEB7-5365748547C1.jpeg

527E6B18-CC96-4D39-AD2B-D5414074AB87.jpeg

I thought this looked pretty good until I read through this thread... :lol

And now I agree after really looking at the photos, too much plastic and not enough cloth. Not a figure I was interested in, but kinda stinks for those that are. And $285 becoming the standard is getting ridiculous.

Imagine they released a MCU Dr. Strange now. They'd probably do his costume with rubber/plastic too...:slap

The coolest part of this is the big Crescent Moon as a back drop.

Overall, I’m positive (mostly because he even EXISTS), but I do have a few minor concerns.

I hope the eyes look good when not illuminated.
I’m disappointed in the lack of an Oscar Isaac head sculpt. We know he is maskless in the suit at some point.
I wish he came with an actual crescent moon cape. Maybe it unfolds that way; hard to tell.
I accept that the hood and other bits are plastic and not cloth, but it’s still a minor disappointment.
I wish he had more weapon accessories but this may be show-accurate (though where’s the scarab?).
Price is too steep given he’s pretty barebones.

Overall, though, he looks good, poses well, has real shelf presence, the display base is great, and does come with the minimum of what I’d absolutely need.

HT seems quite aware of the criticism of their materials selection judging by their website post. :lol

View attachment 570411
I do believe them. The outfit is not as simple as it appears, and I’m definitely sure they banged their head against a few walls trying to make alternative options work.

… still would like more bang for my buck like an Oscar Isaac head (or even a non-LED face with painted eyes).

I'd bet the Mr. Knight figure will have the Oscar headsculpt. It would be a reason to make collectors buy both. Because I'm sure most would only buy this figure out of the 2.

Like the Mando s2 Boba Fett... I wanted the armored Fett (not repainted throne version), not the nomad Fett, but can only get the Fett headsculpt with the 2pk. So instead I may just pass. A parted out sculpt would be too much.

As a Moon Knight fan I think this looks amazing and I'm buying the crap out of it. If cloth wouldn't have looked as good as whatever materials they're using to get the textures of the costume right, then by all means don't use cloth. All the "but muh cloth!" criticisms here seem strange to me. It isn't supposed to be a Mego doll.

As it stands it looks like he leapt right out of my TV screen and I'm pre-ordering immediately.

Last edited:
I gladly would have taken a slightly less accurate figure if it meant the outfit could be fully fabric.
I personally wouldn’t. I get the disappointment, but I’ve seen too many figures with the specific hood Moon Knight has that just look awful in-person.

It’s the price not reflecting that compromise that bums me out much more.

I have my concerns, but overall I think he looks great. Claims he looks like a $20 toy are ridiculous. I own the $20 Moon Knight. I’m ready to upgrade.

Eh, KX is a repaint of an existing figure and an existing base. No new tooling required whatsoever and it’s $285. Where was the outrage then? Relative to that this is a bargain. I don’t like it but this is the new reality. These complaints are getting old.

I’m addition to the plasticy look he looks underweight which is exaggerated by the material choices

In some pics it looks like the shoulder is made of plastic, had to do a double take when I first saw the photos. Also, this reminds me a bit of the mandalorian where they’ll eventually make a deluxe version with sculpt and of course improved suit

Also, this reminds me a bit of the mandalorian where they’ll eventually make a deluxe version with sculpt and of course improved suit
Unless there's a season 2 with a new costume design that is. Also, I figure Mando was popular and v1 sold well which resulted to HT milking it by if this flops, hard to tell what will happen.

Back