Hot Toys MMS72 - Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer (Predator)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen the team put together from a few and it does look awesome. Also seen a bunch of those muddy custom Dutches too ( sounds like some kinda xxx thing ) :lol

I have the arrival Dutch :)

16523519648_c47df92db7_c.jpg

Nice. Is that the actual HT head but repainted? I know there's a bootleg head going around right now that's bloodied up.

Sky1328 on Flickr put the team together. Here is one of his pics:

5380597808_0e955d15fc_b.jpg

Eh they're not bad. I just wish old painless had the under slung M60 grip on it.

I actually kinda like the stock body. It's not nearly as short as I thought and works well with some of my taller figures. Any advice on getting rid of tiny dark marks on the arms? I think some people use like hand soap and leave it on for a few days.

The hs is a recast that came along a few years ago. It's pretty crappy, but F it. Needed arrival Dutch and he didn't break the bank. What happened to the arms?

Hmmm. Well I have used that Oxy10 vanishing cream on plastic that worked pretty well, but never on rubber. Don't know if I would leave anything on those rubber arms for awhile in fear of damaging them.

I generally don't think the custom team-builds look like they justify the time and expense that probably went into them. ''Make-do'' headsculpts of inconsistent sizes, old style bodies and hands, ill-fitting clothes, probably inaccurate weapons etc. Personally I choose to have nothing if I can't have a complete official set.

Hmmm. Well I have used that Oxy10 vanishing cream on plastic that worked pretty well, but never on rubber. Don't know if I would leave anything on those rubber arms for awhile in fear of damaging them.

There's a tiny black dot on the mid deltoid, and some on the back. Although with rubber bodies, I've often seen this stuff is unavoidable with rubber limbs in most cases.

j3WcqOh.jpg

There's also a spooge stain right next to this crotch seam :lol

IgolhPm.jpg

I really don't feel like dropping $50 on a new pair.

Sadly I agree with you

If you don't have it yet, just grab it. No point in waiting anymore.

The worst part is they'll sit on the rights instead of letting someone cool like Damtoys take a swing at it.

It's just another one in HT graveyard. Dam doing Dutch and the team would be a dream come true, right up there with finally getting Ghostbusters for me.

Here's some hurried crappy pics.

I still need to fix up my displays. They're a mess.

I0ASTTB.jpg

SZCRT7v.jpg

llrpfNE.jpg

7A83pId.jpg

ZPiw2a5.jpg

YAXY07R.jpg

I actually think the stock body is perfect. It's perfectly proportional, at least with clothing on. I had thought he was shorter than John Matrix... no, it's an illusion. Their eyelines are pretty much bang on, the problem is Matrix has such a gigantic melon.

There's really nothing wrong with the figure (to my shock) except his waste knife sheath needs to have the strap glued back on, I guess since it's so old. And for the life of me I cannot get the knife all the way in, it gets stuck like 95% of the way in.

Looks great Tony and those little spots on the arm are barely noticeable. The spot on the pants is probably from a crotch stand with the tip pressed into the material for too long. After time those black tips can damage the clothes. The positive thing about that is a nice weathering job on the pants could hide it. Another option is buy some new DAM woodland pants in the $15 range and see if they fit.

Yeah I mentioned earlier I'm not trying to be picky like that anymore. It's in beautiful shape for being such an ancient figure by today's standards. I like it a whole hellva lot more than I thought I would. Once again like MMS136, I hate I waited so long to get it.

Here's my take on the team, an ongoing project. I've upgraded some of the gear and weapons since the picture was taken.

pred_team_1.jpg

pred_team_3.jpg

Yeah I mentioned earlier I'm not trying to be picky like that anymore. It's in beautiful shape for being such an ancient figure by today's standards. I like it a whole hellva lot more than I thought I would. Once again like MMS136, I hate I waited so long to get it.

I really like this figure too and bought two of them :lol One is still minty fresh in the box and the other one has been on display for years, but the body didn't hold up. First to go were the knees and then one day when I popped out the arms to take off the tank top (going for just the vest only) it cracked the clear plastic on the right socket and the arm never worked again. The left one is still good though after many swaps, so the right must have been crap to begin with. Super frustrating not being able to move the arm, so I switched it over to a KP for a bit and then switched to that monster M34 body. Pretty happy with the look now.

I was able to get those dark spots off on the arm by lightly scraping my nail on it. Now they're next to invisible. I had bought a Desert Eagle for his holster to only realize it doesn't fit >_>

He comes with that 1911, but all of Dutch's team had Eagles except Dillon who had a 1911.

I kinda want Billy but it would need to get painted asap.

I just wish old painless had the under slung M60 grip on it.
The minigun that comes with the Hot Toys Punisher has it. Which is funny, because the minigun he had on the Daredevil series did not. So a win for Blain customs, anyway.

The minigun that comes with the Hot Toys Punisher has it. Which is funny, because the minigun he had on the Daredevil series did not. So a win for Blain customs, anyway.

Yeah I was searching for parts the other day and saw that. Pretty odd to have that specifically. I'm almost suspicious of it... no way in hell theyre doing the team.

If they want to keep giving incorrect weapons to other figures, I hope someone at Hot Toys sees me requesting Keyes' freeze gun from P2. Hahaha

Back