1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucky2.jpgBucky1.jpgAvengers Wakanda.jpgOutstanding figure. I had a blast getting this group together.

This figure is fantastic, if anyone is still on the fence, they shouldn't be.

Those are some really great tips, Sassafras! The wrist peg on my WS always bothered me, but I never thought about covering the joint. :slap

That is a beautiful shot:love - really shows off the *stellar* arm:clap:clap:clap

Thank you hope it helps! Another idea re wrist joints would just be to kinda mold a flexible "C-shaped" cuff with fabric or leather, using (flexible) watered-down fabric glue. That way u can turn in raw edges. Or, I guess, u could just smooth edges of a thin metal, and paint to imitate cloth etc. , and then cuff around joint.

But I pick up stuff off the 'bay too - got some 1/6 "leather" cuffs from Damtoys Gangster Kingdom fig, parted out, a while back. With kit-bashing Bucky - for me, found out there's a fine line between making him too Rambo:lol or too boring. Gave me new respect for the MCU costume designers! (But I got a couple of 1/6 throwing knives for him:monkey3, now I gotta make a scabbard - probably for the wrist. Bucky is always fun to put an arsenal on - him, and BW.:cool: Personally don't believe these characters wouldn't have a stash of weapons hidden on them.

These are on 'bay right now - think they are kinda high $$$ but it's an option IMO. Hopefully these are for male fig and not thin female figs.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-SCALE-BLACK-WRIST-CUFFS-TO-HIDE-THE-JOINT-USE-FOR/273828366053?hash=item3fc17146e5:g:6AwAAOSwZo1cyPLI

scalecuffs.jpg

Outstanding figure. I had a blast getting this group together.

OMG!!! Fantastic pics!!! Fantastic posing!:thud::clap (Am stealing the Falcon pose too...actually think I'll just save the pic for reference:monkey3...)

Love the use of plants they look in scale and *jungle*.:clap
(Also the first shot REALLY captures the awesomeness of the rifle details! Like the light is bouncing off the lens of the scope. And the kinda liquid metallic look of the arm paint:love)

D*mn wish this scene had been in the movie:gah:

Ezzepppelin's and these shots are too good...gonna have to haul Bucky and Nat outdoors when BW gets here.

This figure is fantastic, if anyone is still on the fence, they shouldn't be.

Those are some really great tips, Sassafras! The wrist peg on my WS always bothered me, but I never thought about covering the joint. :slap

:exactly: Definitely agree, this figure looks fantastic! :rock Cool pic too! :clap

Outstanding figure. I had a blast getting this group together.

:exactly: and outstanding pics too! :rock

Wow, great set up and photo! Props for taking them outdoors and even more props for getting everyone to balance on that uneven ground lol.

Yes, very nice indeed! Of course whenever I see outdoor shots like this, I always chuckle at the oversized flora. In this case I think we should just imagine they're on Skull Island looking for SLJ's remains. :lol

In related news, PCZ just shipped my Bucky. I should have him on Wednesday! :yess:

Yes, very nice indeed! Of course whenever I see outdoor shots like this, I always chuckle at the oversized flora. In this case I think we should just imagine they're on Skull Island looking for SLJ's remains. :lol

In related news, PCZ just shipped my Bucky. I should have him on Wednesday! :yess:

Congrats!! I'm still on the fence with him honestly. I got alot of rewards points with SSC and can get him for next to nothing.. but I've always preferred the Winter Soldier look, and my gut tells me he will be making an appearance in the upcoming Black Widow movie. I sorta want to hold out. But then again this Infinity War sculpt is unbelievably amazing :clap Arghhh don't know what to do lol

Thanks, I really enjoy photographing my figures!

matmurdock, those pics are fantastic! That group shot is awe inspiring!

That is a beautiful shot:love - really shows off the *stellar* arm:clap:clap:clap

Thank you hope it helps! Another idea re wrist joints would just be to kinda mold a flexible "C-shaped" cuff with fabric or leather, using (flexible) watered-down fabric glue. That way u can turn in raw edges. Or, I guess, u could just smooth edges of a thin metal, and paint to imitate cloth etc. , and then cuff around joint.

But I pick up stuff off the 'bay too - got some 1/6 "leather" cuffs from Damtoys Gangster Kingdom fig, parted out, a while back. With kit-bashing Bucky - for me, found out there's a fine line between making him too Rambo:lol or too boring. Gave me new respect for the MCU costume designers! (But I got a couple of 1/6 throwing knives for him:monkey3, now I gotta make a scabbard - probably for the wrist. Bucky is always fun to put an arsenal on - him, and BW.:cool: Personally don't believe these characters wouldn't have a stash of weapons hidden on them.

Oh, those cuffs are awesome too. You're full of good ideas! Now I'm thinking I might try making my own cuff out of polymer clay...

Yeah, those two definitely need a stash of weapons :lol

I've found that these figures really do give you a new appreciation for the costumes. You don't really have a lot of time to check out all the little details when they're on the big screen, and you're caught up in the plot.

Welcome! Luv my TWS Bucky but the right arm peg was real noticeable trying to get a 1/6 Barrett rifle into position:gah: - but like women's nylons, scarves, etc. tend to roll up if cut (LOL use to tie plants up vs. string coz string cuts). So figured any stretchy tube fabric would work - maybe even cut the sleeves from a cheap 1/6 nylon T? Or like the stretchy smaller hair ties/bands used for dreadlocks? I'm gonna use nylon fabric to make 1/6 scale long gloves for a planned '40s Rescue Cap dancer, 'coz haven't been able to find long white 1/6 gloves.:gah:

Yeah, I'm east coast and state after state getting ruined with everything from frakking to over-development (like destroying habitat is cheaper than renovating a depressed area); then u get bloated mc-mansions with no yard that cost a fortune and horrendous traffic; filth pouring into rivers and coasts. Luved when I visited north California but knew there'd been a strain on the water supply for years, and peeps building in fire areas. Am sure just insuring a nice collection of figs (if insured) or anything else is high, too.:(

Just hope CA gets a break with the weather soon e.g. winds.:(:pray:

Thanks again for the suggestions Sassafras, you are always so helpful, you are very appreciated.

And yeah I hope CA gets a break soon with the fires and winds. I am from just outside of LA and it is hard to watch. I moved away for work in 2000 but I have several friends who were effected last year and now by the fires. It?s terrible, I live in New York but CA will always be home

Congrats!! I'm still on the fence with him honestly. I got alot of rewards points with SSC and can get him for next to nothing.. but I've always preferred the Winter Soldier look, and my gut tells me he will be making an appearance in the upcoming Black Widow movie. I sorta want to hold out. But then again this Infinity War sculpt is unbelievably amazing :clap Arghhh don't know what to do lol

Well, honestly, although there's been no real indication so far that Stan will make an appearance in BW movie - I'm thinking maybe there might be a cameo of WS possibly but masked up who knows if it's just a stunt guy - I mean maybe the last shot would be some ominous image of a sniper rifle barrel up close just to save paying an actor.:dunno

it IS a great sculpt but it's possible HT will leap to make a new Falcon and Bucky re the TV series, and thanx to the customizers we already know this sculpt looks great with NO hair, so don't know why HT wouldn't just re-use. Also there is always faint chance of a dx re-release of the original, using this sculpt $$$$. They might if series takes off, like right now there's speculation that "old Cap" might make an appearance (RUMOR!!!!)

Guess I'd suggest unless u luv character - I mean for me - I'd hold the points 'coz it takes a while to collect 'em. IMO if u don't luv, luv, a character and wanna do the inevitable maintenance and/or need to complete a line-up - OR just don't wanna risk not having a Bucky at all, I'd hold the points. Even characters I wish I had jumped on like CW Hawkeye - well, I wish I had him now, but I'm not running to the 'bay over it.

Like it's one thing for me to be *awash* in Buckys and Caps:lol - bein' a character fan - it's another for a collector who's on the fence. E.g. IMO u never lose by holding onto points, but you could lose if something comes along u like way better - as good as the Bucky is:clap. Hope a different perspective helps - like I sort've was thinking about IW Ironman - great looking fig:clap - but don't luv, luv, luv the armor so had to walk away. I wish I had lots points left to put towards IW Thor!:gah:

Thanks again for the suggestions Sassafras, you are always so helpful, you are very appreciated.

And yeah I hope CA gets a break soon with the fires and winds. I am from just outside of LA and it is hard to watch. I moved away for work in 2000 but I have several friends who were effected last year and now by the fires. It?s terrible, I live in New York but CA will always be home

Thank you so much:)! Yeah, collectors IMO need to look out for one another, for both good and bad stuff, and solutions - I've learned a lot from this forum (especially if my Singapore IM VI ever gets those pink panties, so I don't just *freak out* over it but head to the store for paint instead.:cool:
(Although, glad I listened to myself re IW Natasha - finally got her in yesterday to go with Bucky, and luv her! Will try to get some pics up in the BW thread. Lot of collector negativity about her from some, but IMO she is gorgeous and really great costume - nice tactical variant.)

Hear that re home! For me it's New England - the granite cliffs, the paper birch trees with the white bark - d*mn I need to visit...

And California IS beautiful - did a road trip on the coast highway; got lucky re good weather and it was completely mind-blowing. For sure I wouldn't mind living in north California at all - like San Luis Obispo, or Monterey. IF I could afford it:crying

Well, honestly, although there's been no real indication so far that Stan will make an appearance in BW movie - I'm thinking maybe there might be a cameo of WS possibly but masked up who knows if it's just a stunt guy - I mean maybe the last shot would be some ominous image of a sniper rifle barrel up close just to save paying an actor.:dunno

it IS a great sculpt but it's possible HT will leap to make a new Falcon and Bucky re the TV series, and thanx to the customizers we already know this sculpt looks great with NO hair, so don't know why HT wouldn't just re-use. Also there is always faint chance of a dx re-release of the original, using this sculpt $$$$. They might if series takes off, like right now there's speculation that "old Cap" might make an appearance (RUMOR!!!!)

Guess I'd suggest unless u luv character - I mean for me - I'd hold the points 'coz it takes a while to collect 'em. IMO if u don't luv, luv, a character and wanna do the inevitable maintenance and/or need to complete a line-up - OR just don't wanna risk not having a Bucky at all, I'd hold the points. Even characters I wish I had jumped on like CW Hawkeye - well, I wish I had him now, but I'm not running to the 'bay over it.

Like it's one thing for me to be *awash* in Buckys and Caps:lol - bein' a character fan - it's another for a collector who's on the fence. E.g. IMO u never lose by holding onto points, but you could lose if something comes along u like way better - as good as the Bucky is:clap. Hope a different perspective helps - like I sort've was thinking about IW Ironman - great looking fig:clap - but don't luv, luv, luv the armor so had to walk away. I wish I had lots points left to put towards IW Thor!:gah:

Haha yup, they're just rumors so far but I'm really hoping we get a "winter" Winter Soldier look in the BW solo movie :lol Some of the unused concept art is really amazing, especially this one with the trench coat and sniper rifle:

120730_WinterSoldier_v005_JN.jpg

If we don't get anything in the BW solo, then I hope we get some cool flashback scenes in the upcoming TV series honestly.

Yo, becausebatman, I would wet myself If 1. they actually dress Sebastian Stan in that outfit and 2. if HT?s actually sells a version for that costume! OMG, it?s like WS comics x MCU x Knightmare Batman!

Still wish that they had the foresight regarding his importance in the MCU to have made his 1940?s/TFA outfit:

Attachments

• C70CD20E-2304-4FB1-B624-E06837C01CC4.jpeg
    C70CD20E-2304-4FB1-B624-E06837C01CC4.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 160
Haha yup, they're just rumors so far but I'm really hoping we get a "winter" Winter Soldier look in the BW solo movie :lol Some of the unused concept art is really amazing, especially this one with the trench coat and sniper rifle:

If we don't get anything in the BW solo, then I hope we get some cool flashback scenes in the upcoming TV series honestly.

FAN ART (don't know artist but IMO epic - TBH thought there'd be something like this in IW!)
bucky_fanart.jpg

Picked up a long brown coat to kinda do an "Apocalypse Bucky" it's from some fig that has a long coat with a yellow lining, and tried to dye black. The dye didn't take so much but the yellow lining turned green:lol

But, come to think of it, this IW Bucky would make an awesome end-of-days 'bash!

Yo, becausebatman, I would wet myself If 1. they actually dress Sebastian Stan in that outfit...
Yep. Someone needs to tweet the producers.:drool:drool:drool

OMG!!! Fantastic pics!!! Fantastic posing!:thud::clap (Am stealing the Falcon pose too...actually think I'll just save the pic for reference:monkey3...)

Love the use of plants they look in scale and *jungle*.:clap
(Also the first shot REALLY captures the awesomeness of the rifle details! Like the light is bouncing off the lens of the scope. And the kinda liquid metallic look of the arm paint:love)

D*mn wish this scene had been in the movie:gah:

Ezzepppelin's and these shots are too good...gonna have to haul Bucky and Nat outdoors when BW gets here.

Thank you. Feel free to use the Falcon pose. He is a blast to pose with those wings. Sadly right after the group shot we had to cut them down. It is Fall and Winter is coming. But they will be back next year. I am always blown away by how much little details Hot Toys puts into the accessories.
Finally outdoor shot are always fun but can be challenging. Just have the poses ready before you go out. It does help.

Bucky has arrived! What a cool figure. Really dig the material used for his jacket. Still figuring out good ways to pose him. Will hopefully post some pics later.

Back