1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. I can?t even with all these negative reactions I?ve read today. The detail and accuracy of the head sculpt is right up there with Yondu and Hela.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the mustache is painted on the slightest bit too heavy but otherwise it?s an absolutely phenomenal release. I?m not even the biggest Bucky fan but I?m so tempted to get this because of how good it looks.

Lol. I can?t even with all these negative reactions I?ve read today. The detail and accuracy of the head sculpt is right up there with Yondu and Hela.

Yeah, I'm not getting it but different strokes I guess. This is my fav Marvel character. So a while back, this to me was a PROBLEM proto vs production:monkey4:

Bucky_proto_compare_final1.jpg

Esp. when little ol' Iron Studios pops out of woodwork with a stellar sculpt in poly, which I hafta think is harder to work with and produce (tho IS is 1/4 scale). The CW HT fig grew on me and it does look better in hand IMO, but still is kinda generic to me. The nose is wrong for one thing. Paint is kinda plain vs. the studio shots. Wish I had the $$$$ or skill set for a repaint of my CW sculpts. :crying

To me this is NOT a PROBLEM:

IW_bucky_protoorigina2a.jpg

Studio shot left; in-hand from FB right-
IW_HTbucky_compare.jpg

Far as I can tell, HT nailed the production. Hope so! Can't wait to get him in hand. Now they just gotta do a classic deluxe WS and include the Gerber to go with the classic deluxe TWS Cap $$$$$$:pray::monkey3

Credit: kh_toys on Insta
IW_buckyHt_satanding.jpg

I'm not getting all the negetivity either. Judging from the new Facebook pics, he turned out great. There was one shot where he's standing with the Infinity War Cap that sold me... jumped on a PO and that's how he'll end up on display for me.

Now more than ever, I wish HT would produce a TFA version of Bucky. We probably won't see another version of him until the TV show comes out.

In the meantime, this will look great with Cap. Looking forward to seeing more shots and video reviews soon.

I think this looks fine. Not great but not terrible. The outfit is a bit loose and not forming at all to the body, which makes him look a bit blobby. The face sculpt is okay, even if it doesn't quite look like Stan. Reminds me of Ragnarok Loki a bit (a good headsculpt, just not a great likeness.)

Not sure if I will get this. Maybe wait a couple of months and mull it over.

Last edited:
Well that's how it always goes, the negativity and a new figure release. I'm happy with this figure coming out, sold my civil war Bucky because his head sculpt looked kinda caveman. Can't wait!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I don't have this figure on preorder (I already have Bucky from TWS, peeling pleather and all), but the final version turned out pretty awesome. I didn't like the CW version outside of the shiny metal arm, but I'd be tempted to pick this up if I didn't already have a Bucky figure (maybe if I pick up IW Cap...).

I don't have this figure on preorder (I already have Bucky from TWS, peeling pleather and all), but the final version turned out pretty awesome. I didn't like the CW version outside of the shiny metal arm, but I'd be tempted to pick this up if I didn't already have a Bucky figure (maybe if I pick up IW Cap...).

I liked the CW version in the end - he's fun to work with 'coz u don't have all these bits to keep track of, and the shiny shiny arm. Hope one day I have some paint skills to do some sculpt touch-ups.

Come to think of it, since this Bucky has a detachable arm, guess I could slap together Wakanda farm version. With goats.:monkey3

At the moment I feel bad no chance of getting an IW Falcon with the 3 drones e.g. the wings are spectacular on display with Cap and Bucky. But all the CW fig prices seem to have gotten ridiculous:horror, esp. figs like Falcon, SW and IM.

My main thing is I have Bucky from the Winter Soldier movie, which is itself a great figure and has a unique appearance. This Bucky figure just doesn't add much for me. Plus, we have Falcon/Bucky show coming out next year, so in two years there will likely be a new Bucky figure (with short hair.)

This is a nice figure, but not really a memorable enough for me to buy I am thinking. At least Ragnarok Loki had a full movie, plus beginning of IW.

Last edited:
My main thing is I have Bucky from the Winter Soldier movie, which is itself a great figure and has a unique appearance. This Bucky figure just doesn't add much for me. Plus, we have Falcon/Bucky show coming out next year, so in two years there will likely be a new Bucky figure (with short hair.)

This is a nice figure, but not really a memorable enough for me to buy I am thinking. At least Ragnarok Loki had a full movie, plus beginning of IW.

Totally get that. For me, unless he really *&^%$ I'm gonna buy my fav character & friends. I get into details and luv the Wakanda (and Asgard and Sakaar) aesthetics. For me Wakanda was cool - no matter how little time IW spent there:gah: - 'coz I don't see the MCU spending much time in a more natural environment. And apparently they're not gonna, if the MCU is gonna be a lot of space stuff going forward.

For me this outfit is a fantastic mash-up of past and present Bucky:love. Plus he's pretty feral looking; lots of White Wolf kitbash possibilities. The new arm looks outstanding. Finally looks like some impressive detailing (like Loki Ragmarok). Hate to sound negative about HT but wary of them HAVING to cut corners, somehow, to keep costs down, in the future. Like using that "plastic-y" fabric like on the recent Caps.

I'm already picking and choosing more than I used to, where I used to just PO. But grabbing figs I think are outstanding like this one.:drool

(Like it's nuts, CW Wanda is pushing near $1000 on the bay:horror...)

Yeah, looking forward to the MCU TV series; hope my (teased by HT) EG Thor and Mandelorian are paid off by then:monkey3. (GOT TO get that EG Thor if released but bet he's not gonna be cheap $$$$)

I know people don't love the arm but it's the only figure that represents the snap so I think I might actually use it

I know people don't love the arm but it's the only figure that represents the snap so I think I might actually use it

Yeah, that's true. Some guy on YT building dioramas was saying smoke effects were the hardest to do well, I guess the "ash effect" is the same problem. Probably looks better with darker lighting/shadows.

Annnnddd - checked my SSC account and the Buckys are preparing to ship. Guess I'll be staying close to home again re the ship date. Just glad he's due before holiday rush; have had to chase stuff all over town and/or the UPS person last year.

Edit: Annndd first in-hand review I've found. Just based on this maybe a bit less enthused re portrait/paint, but kinda hard to tell re mega-bright lighting. The socket thing the guy mentions doesn't bother me for *&&^% sake tweak the undershirt. Costume and arm look stellar IMO.

Thanks for posting those reviews...he looks pretty good in them. Gonna need to watch a few more before I make my decision.

Ugh, i've been trying to restrain myself from more HT Avengers. Was hoping this wouldn't turn out that great, but it looks hard to resist.

Ugh, i've been trying to restrain myself from more HT Avengers. Was hoping this wouldn't turn out that great, but it looks hard to resist.

Yeah it is pretty damn nice. So close to buying but I know I shouldn?t. My orders page on SS looks ridiculous right now

Thanks for posting those reviews...he looks pretty good in them. Gonna need to watch a few more before I make my decision.

LOL the a quick review from spidey_toyzz:

HT_bucky_IW_insta.jpg

Dunno why I keep looking I've seen enuff - keeping my 2 orders. Might get a third. I can hear customizers firing up Dremels and sorting through mohair and supplies for the *rooted hair version* 'round the world.:frank and those busy busy KO folks mixing chemicals....
:monkey3

Ordered through Sideshow. Will likely try to squeeze this in my IW shelf...and if gets to busy try and sneak it into my eventually EG shelf.

Just too solid of a figure for me to ignore.

I skipped Vision and the Scarlet Witch last year (Vision looked a little cheap, and Scarlet looked like a barbie doll), so will make this figure find a home.

Back