1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

Yeah. I finally put in my order after seeing these pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to hear that. [emoji106][emoji4]

Also here is two pics of how I am going to be having him pose for now.
69cb617e66c8eebbdcbf3c49f5c384a2.jpg
18d68a72b058d58ba4ab9a659c438aa4.jpg

Thanks, I am happy you guys are like if the pics. [emoji4][emoji16]

Fantastic pics omrjoker! Cannot wait for mine.

The Count has arrived, and he's most impressive.

Aside from the sculpt one of the first things I noticed was the nice weight to the cape, and how it drapes.

I'm also pleased they took note of Lee's height.

48574254152_df69c3c6f6_o.jpg

I had to justify the inclusion of Dooku.

It's Christopher Lee and he feels like he should belong with Tarkin in the OT era. The PT isn't canon to me, so while it may be "true from a certain point of view" I can choose to ignore the parts that don't gel. I feel that the PT was just one retelling of the Clone Wars period. (Surely neither Jar Jar's idiocy nor the pathetic Battle Droids could've existed the way they were shown!)

The Rule of Two dictates that there can only be two Sith Lords at one time, so luckily his stand says Dooku rather than Darth Tyranus.

From the pages of Wookieepedia:

During the Imperial Era, Vader taught the Inquisitorius,a group of former Jedi who had turned to the dark side, and were tasked with hunting down the remaining Jedi, though the Inquisitors themselves only served the Sith and were not considered Sith apprentices.

Dooku would fit right into that, since he was a Jedi Master who fell to the dark side.

4d09dd719a11e2e72f9a6bb9eb3dbe64.jpg

The count arrived and he?s a great addition. However, I?m sure others have noted - the belt looks super cheap. Apart from that he?s pretty perfect. Unfortunately though, he is getting the bottom shelf for my collection.

I need to get something to raise all the detolfs in my office, bottom shelf figures need more love.

I definitely recommend to pick this guy up!

I had to justify the inclusion of Dooku.

It's Christopher Lee and he feels like he should belong with Tarkin in the OT era. The PT isn't canon to me, so while it may be "true from a certain point of view" I can choose to ignore the parts that don't gel. I feel that the PT was just one retelling of the Clone Wars period. (Surely neither Jar Jar's idiocy nor the pathetic Battle Droids could've existed the way they were shown!)

The Rule of Two dictates that there can only be two Sith Lords at one time, so luckily his stand says Dooku rather than Darth Tyranus.

From the pages of Wookieepedia:

Dooku would fit right into that, since he was a Jedi Master who fell to the dark side.

I am so confused by this post.

After 15 years of ordering through Sideshow, I finally received a damaged box. It appears to have been rod that punctured all three boxes.

DSCN3955.jpg

Since the object entered the figure box from the back, the figure was left unharmed.

I'm corresponding with a rep from Sideshow now... sending the above picture to them. Not sure how Sideshow will respond to this. The rep hinted at the fact that since the figure was undamaged that I might just have to live with the box damage.

Has anyone else experienced something like this in the past with Sideshow. What can I reasonably expect from Sideshow?

Last edited:

After 15 years of ordering through Sideshow, I finally received a damaged box. It appears to have been rod that punctured all three boxes.

View attachment 464555

Since the object entered the figure box from the back, the figure was left unharmed.

I'm corresponding with a rep from Sideshow now... sending the above picture to them. Not sure how Sideshow will respond to this. The rep hinted at the fact that since the figure was undamaged that I might just have to live with the box damage.

Has anyone else experienced something like this in the past with Sideshow. What can I reasonably expect from Sideshow?

I would want replacement. It's collectible figure, it's written on the box, they know it, it's value without a pristine box is lower.

View attachment 464555

I'm waiting for a response regarding the same issue on a different figure.

I would want replacement. It's collectible figure, it's written on the box, they know it, it's value without a pristine box is lower.

They would surely get returns with QC problems on figures. Therefore there must be spare boxes they can swap out for you.

I guess it's up to you how much you want it replaced and how much you press for one. They will always suggest "living with it" to see if they can get away with minimal work/hassle on their end.

SS can probably claim damage with UPS or whoever with pics like that as well. But it's all extra work for them, which I guess they will want to avoid if possible.

Sideshow finally got a hold of me. Apparently, they are going to send me a replacement box.

That's the good news.

However, upon hearig this news, I finally took out the figure... not knowing if they wanted me to sent back the entire figure, I left the figure untouched. Unfortunately, I noticed that one of the clasps to Dooku's cape is broken. Whatever punctured three layers of cardboard, jostled the figure enough to break the clasp.

So I sent off another email to Sideshow concerning this new issue. Hopefully, I won't be penalized for not noticing this damage sooner.

He is a great figure, the only thing I don't like is the seam on top of his head. Only noticeable from above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Loving the lightning with this guy, but it is a bit heavy and can droop without support.

IMG-E27-AA69-C479-F-1.jpg

Loving the lightning with this guy, but it is a bit heavy and can droop without support.

Yeah I thought the same thing. I originally intended to display him with the lightning shooting out, but it's so long it droops, not to mention takes up a lot of space. Ended up just using the lightsaber.

Back