1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

Just heard that Sideshow will be replacing the cloak on my Count Dooku.

Now I can breathe easy....

Absolutely stunning figure that I was able to ad to my collection. I am still hoping that we get a Anakin and Obi Wan from Episode 2 to put nicely with Dooku and Yoda. I know that in early production photos Anakin was teased in the background and quickly removed. With Padme being announced I really would be disappointed without another Anakin

Still waiting for Sideshow to even ship mine... :gah:

DenDen Hobby in HK got their shipment. Mine should be around within the next 10 days.

Mine should be here soon. Just in time for me to get my collection back out of the boxes after moving house. Yah!

I'm beginning to think that BBTS is last on the distribution list. Dooku, Maui and JL Aquaman have been out for a while now and nothing from BBTS for any of them. Ordered right away when they came up for PO. I know it is what it is, but it sure seems they way these figures make their way through distribution once released is a lot longer than it used to be.

BBTS has been last on the list for most figures for a very long time now. I left them nearly two years ago.

I think it's that they probably order the most and Sideshow doesn't want to ship them a partial order so they just wait until they get them all in.

I honestly didn't mind the wait for them, since their shipping was so cheap and could group several together double boxed. It's the sales tax that made me leave for now. I'll stick to the smaller outposts until everyone does it, then I may go back to them. I still use them for smaller items.

Well, with tax and all things being equal, then I would go with who gets me my package the fastest. If BBTS has a large order which gets fulfilled later -- often 3 months later -- that's something I can't wait on, especially with the near 2-year wait as it is on most figures these days. BBTS also never offers coupons or discounts. In their plus column, they do box things nicely... and at one time they had fantastic customer service for years. But my last two experiences were difficult, which contributed to my leaving.

For me, in CA, once tax is taken from everyone, I will likely return to Sideshow since its a one-day wait for me, unless the other retailers I'm testing continue to offer discounts that tempt me to wait for "the 2nd batch".

33095B92-1116-45EB-AF18-BF9FF80241F8.jpeg

BBTS finally shipping my Dooku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really might be. Such a realistic and imposing looking figure. So glad I kept my ss geo battle droids. They look great with him.

Back