1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

What amazes me is that eBay and PayPal aren’t more careful since they are the ones who ultimately lose. Considering how often this happens on eBay, you’d think it would be worth it for them to spend the money policing it a little better. People know they are protected when they purchase, And try even though it looks suspicious, so who’s really the sucker? They’ll be reimbursed eventually, but PayPal loses out.

The one that irks me is that a buyer can basically use your item for 29 days and return it with no questions asked. You will pay return shipping as its automatically billed to you when the seller files a return. Now imagine a 1200 dollar rare vinyl being used by someone who knows they will return it in 29 days. You can dispute with eBay that it was returned with scratches but you won't win. Buyer always wins in a return scenario.

It drives me nuts how many people out there are like "hey what can it hurt? Maybe I'll get something?!" They're the problem, driving up fees because eBay/Paypal have to fund all these jerk offs thinking they're the one guy who's going to get a deal.

I purchased something recently from Asia that was a really good price. I suspected it might be a scam, but I thought, what have I got to lose? If it is, I’ll be reimbursed. And if it isn’t, I’ll get it for a very good price. I wasn’t surprised when the seller was removed from eBay, or when my item never showed up. And I should have reimbursement in a week or so. It was just a minor inconvenience to me, that’s all. The issue is really between PayPal and eBay (eBay’s lack of protecting customers from scammers is ultimately costing PayPal, not eBay and not eBay customers), and I’m happy to let them duke it out – they’re both big enough to take care of themselves. And if they do nothing, it doesn’t hurt to me. It hurts them.

Yeah, see above.

BTW, sooner or later, you're going to get nailed.

War=Gor, I sell on eBay as well as buy.

I could tell you some horror stories.

I don’t look for trouble – I’ve only bought from Asia a few times. I thought it was reasonable what I purchased was legit – I said it was a good price – not a too good to be true price, but whenever I buy from Asia I suspect a possible scam. I don’t know why, they just seem to be rampant there. If it’s too good to be true, I don’t purchase.

Both eBay and PayPal have stiffed me more than once, and contribute to a lot of the problems we’re talking about here. Forgive me if I don’t have an over abundance of sympathy when they are stiffed instead of me, for a change. I practiced caution, if I was more cautious I wouldn’t be able to do business on eBay at all as a buyer or a seller, it’s risky business.

Also, I think I’ve experienced about every scam there is. And yes, I have had to raise my prices because of it.

. And yes, I have had to raise my prices because of it.

And that's the real killer for us all. No one gets to "cheat" the big companies by having them pay for it. They make us all pay.

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't want to think you were one of 'those'. :lol

And that's the real killer for us all. No one gets to "cheat" the big companies by having them pay for it. They make us all pay.

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't want to think you were one of 'those'. :lol

No problem, I get it. I spent so much time caring and reporting and just getting ulcers that I finally had to let things slide. It's a shame how much is broken in this world, but we do have to learn to "not care too much"... Judging from your sig & banner, you get it (I can SO relate to Nicholson there... and on a related note, perfection/completion are duel prisons for those who don't master them!

Upon new taxes including toys, I couldn't delay ordering Dooku more and ordered it with 25usd discount coupon.

Lol, about the China seller issue. I ordered five electrical lighters from a seller on ebay, the listing showed at least 4500 lighters sold so I thought it was a go. But when I saw the delivery estimate of three months I felt a feeling of fraud. So the months went by and then, nothing. My parcel number disappeared and order on eBay was marked as “delivered”. I suppose these scams are rather common, especially now when we have sites like Wish selling copies(worthless) at ridiculously low prices

If you wanna buy from China, I recommend AliExpress. All my orders from AliExpress went smooth. Probably they handle those Chinese scammers better than eBay.

Upon new taxes including toys, I couldn't delay ordering Dooku more and ordered it with 25usd discount coupon.

When do the new taxes kick in? Do we need to preorder figures ahead of time to avoid the taxes, or will they still be applied to existing orders? I still need to order Endor luke and qui gon, among a few others.

If you wanna buy from China, I recommend AliExpress. All my orders from AliExpress went smooth. Probably they handle those Chinese scammers better than eBay.

Worst advice ever given. Enjoy your bootlegs and do not drag others to support thieves and scammers.

Worst advice ever given. Enjoy your bootlegs and do not drag others to support thieves and scammers.

Agreed that site is a piece of ****. Never ever buy things from there and bootleg ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20190805_113713.jpg

"Traitor!!"
"Oh no my friend.This is a mistake,a terrible mistake.They've gone too far,this is madness!"
"I thought you were the leader here Dooku!"..

That site is not to buy HT figures, other small items. I never ever buy a HT from China.

Just for fun:)

IMG_6258.JPG
IMG_6251.jpg

Magnificent that Irezumi! Where did you get him? What do they look like with the heads swapped?

Magnificent that Irezumi! Where did you get him? What do they look like with the heads swapped?

Thanks! It’s not possible to head swap without modifying.

Back