1/6 Hot Toys - MMS495 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It?s too bad it doesn’t light up, and too bad they can’t have wires running to it to power it like I’ve seen on some custom jobs.

If they could use a stronger LED and were able to use some kind of metallic dust material scattered just right in the plastic saber they could probably get a pretty realistic looking light saber. Probably more complicated than they would want to do.

I bet that if somebody did it the results would be spectacular.

The trickiest part would be finding just the right silver or metallic dust to have in the center of the plastic saber to catch the light just right. I do believe it’s possible though.

Or if that idea is no good, there is probably a way to miniaturize the full-scale light sabers that give off a pretty realistic light, just simplified enough to make smaller.

If the technology truly doesn’t exist yet or would cost too much, I’m sure it will for the next generation of collectors.

It?s too bad it doesn’t light up, and too bad they can’t have wires running to it to power it like I’ve seen on some custom jobs.

If they could use a stronger LED and were able to use some kind of metallic dust material scattered just right in the plastic saber they could probably get a pretty realistic looking light saber. Probably more complicated than they would want to do.

The trickiest part would be finding just the right silver or metallic dust to have in the center of the plastic saber to catch the light just right. I do believe it’s possible though.

Or if that idea is no good, there is probably a way to miniaturize the full-scale light sabers that give off a pretty realistic light, just simplified enough to make smaller.

If the technology truly doesn’t exist yet or would cost too much, I’m sure it will for the next generation of collectors.

It's all about battery size and Yodas arm diameter.

But just google 1/6 cathode lightsaber.

It?s too bad it doesn?t light up, and too bad they can?t have wires running to it to power it like I?ve seen on some custom jobs.

The trickiest part would be finding just the right silver or metallic dust to have in the center of the plastic saber to catch the light just right. I do believe it?s possible though.

If the technology truly doesn?t exist yet or would cost too much, I?m sure it will for the next generation of collectors.

The batteries are such a pain in all the figures I just never bother using them. I wish there were just wires. Some figures have 3 separate compartments its ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sideshow shipping Friday, September 6th. Not really a figure I intended to buy, but I had a $25 off coupon and he goes great with Anakin, Kenobi, and Dooku. I'm also getting Qui Gonn and would buy Mace Windu if they ever make him. Anakin was the unfortunate gateway down this prequel rabbit hole:gah:

To be fair, the Hot Toys prequel figures are pretty well done and do look terrific on the shelf.

He has arrived!
3489aa37e1e2eba3f91d66f225f6e3b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting Yoda from Sidehow and Darth Maul from Alter Ego BOTH next Tuesday

Nice !

Just seeing your figure lineup behind. Do you think you could post some pics of the full collection from a bit further back. This is exactly what I had in mind, more or less.

Sure thing, here you go:
d6be09340d2b46f6e88099cf7dc387a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back