1/6 Hot Toys - MMS495 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4200.jpg

HT missed the mark with the OT Yoda as it should have had PER eyes (Along with Anakin). I think PT Yoda is the winner between the two.

HT missed the mark with the OT Yoda as it should have had PER eyes (Along with Anakin). I think PT Yoda is the winner between the two.

Maybe, maybe not. I liken them to the differences between their subject CGI Yoda vs Puppet Yoda. They're just different.

Put the latest Yoda with ESB training Luke and he would look out of place.

And the closed eyes HS is also a winner. Can't do that with PERS.

I'm not defending ESB Yoda, it's just they're both different. Not really "better" or "worse".

Maybe, maybe not. I liken them to the differences between their subject CGI Yoda vs Puppet Yoda. They're just different.

Put the latest Yoda with ESB training Luke and he would look out of place.

And the closed eyes HS is also a winner. Can't do that with PERS.

I'm not defending ESB Yoda, it's just they're both different. Not really "better" or "worse".

Closed eye sculpt is fantastic very well done and truly does capture the scene from ESB. I believe if Yoda was PERS he would be in my shelf today. PER would capture the puppet aspect if Yoda. It would have been amazing. The rest of the set was perfect

What are the differences between AOTC Yoda and ROTS Yoda???

I just need Sidious ROTS and Grievous...those pair would be absolutely glorious in my collection.

I just got charged for this guy at Timewalker. I put him and Dooku together so hopefully they ship soon!

What are the differences between AOTC Yoda and ROTS Yoda???

I just need Sidious ROTS and Grievous...those pair would be absolutely glorious in my collection.

I don't think there is any difference. Maybe they add that hovering chair and produce it with a different HS (in a way which won't fit AOTC body).

EDIT: I was wrong. The outfit in ROTS has different color scheme.

I ordered some AOC Yoda parts from T.A. I will interchange with OT Yoda. I'm not too fussy about the different outfits. I will just call the bash...post Ep.III Escape Yoda...

Closed eye sculpt is fantastic very well done and truly does capture the scene from ESB. I believe if Yoda was PERS he would be in my shelf today. PER would capture the puppet aspect if Yoda. It would have been amazing. The rest of the set was perfect

Since Yoda has the sculpted neck piece I'm not positive PERS would look great, you'd have to have a spot in the back of his head to access the PERS and that's where the glued-on hair is.

I think a big miss with the ESB version is the sculpted plus glued-on hair. Should have been either or. In part, AOTC looks a lot better and more realistic cause of the hair.

How exactly? The OT Yoda looks like OT puppet Yoda
f682fa5721af853f999735f31706a1bf.jpg

The PT Yoda looks super squished, but then again the cgi Yoda in the movie does too.

I’m over the moon impressed with this figure. The hair application is unprecedented in a mass figure

This figure is also not getting enough love and attention. 35 pages only?

If you ask me it’s the best overall Star Wars figure done to date the only thing I dig into it for is the lack of light up saber arm. It really needs it and it?s a very bare bones figure.

In think part of why I’m so impressed is because I always have despised the HT OT one. It’s really bad.

I saw a comment above stating it looks like the puppet and so not, given that the thing was actually a puppet and not a CGI or real life character making it should have been the easiest thing for hot toys. They dropped the ball.

It was also floppy as hell and could not hold his cane. Neither of which are issues with this prequel one.

Back