1/6 Hot Toys - MMS494 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the same way. Troopers usually look best in sets of at least 2 or 3. I only have 1 Shoretrooper, but luckily it acts sort of like a character leading a squad of RO troopers. And I only have 1 Death Star Gunner, but it looks good with a couple of Stormtroopers.

Without other troopers to tie with this figure thematically, I'd probably want at least 2.

You guys are lucky being able to afford 2 of each trooper, and having the space for them. The only ones I made an exception for are the Royal Guards. The only others I'd consider 2 of are the PT Senate Guard. The way I try to get around it is by posing 3 different troopers, from the same film, together. It is kind of annoying though when they release only 2 troopers from certain films.

That is one of the things i like about this trooper, he is out there ahem solo - which kind of gives him his own little imaginary short story potential of your choosing.

Example:
RIPP-R
"A trooper and his bike"

In a different life i imagine he and TR-8R being good friends.

Glad I have this on order. It looks great and as Justin mentioned in his review, it's a unique design that fits well with the OT asthetic. I really appreciate the McQuarrie/Johnston vibe the trooper has. The sleeve material is an unfortunate choice so I appreciate the warning to use care when handling.

Good review, Justin! Really looking forward to this one now!

That review was great! It looks killer! Now, do i order a trooper I like from a movie I didn’t like? The design is cool, even if I don’t like the movie. Decisions...

You will display a design, a figure, not a movie. Who cares from what it comes. In the end he can appear in Mandalorian or Cassian too, who knows.

Where do you order from? SSC?

AlterEgoComics. I placed my first Pre-order (DX MAUL) with them a month ago. I have not officially made a transaction with them before. Hope their good!! I usually deal with BBTS. Not a fan of SS due to high shipping and no external shipping box.

They don't ship here. Sold out at BBTS. Sold out at my European retailer. With my reward points SSC is cheapest at the moment (even with high shipping rates). Yes, they don't double box, but our customs officials sometimes cuts the sideshow shipper box since there is another box outside. SSC ships with DHL or Fedex and they handle the figüre more carefully.

They don't ship here. Sold out at BBTS. Sold out at my European retailer. With my reward points SSC is cheapest at the moment (even with high shipping rates). Yes, they don't double box, but our customs officials sometimes cuts the sideshow shipper box since there is another box outside. SSC ships with DHL or Fedex and they handle the figüre more carefully.

Moviefigures.co.uk still has him available for pre-order. £229.95. Not sure if that’d work out any cheaper for you or not.

Nope, the figure alone (295 in USD) is higher than the total amount of figüre+shipping+custom fees (265 in USD). I think I'll stick with SSC. At least I'll use all my reward points.

I agree, and I can always put him with the rogue one crew.

Yeah I can't see him fitting with my OT figures, but maybe with RO. Of course the ideal thing would be to have a separate display of just Troopers, but all I have at the moment is a Snowtrooper and Sandtrooper, so not sure if that would work. Lol

Although hopefully they'll give us the Biker Scout soon as well so I could add him in.

Back