1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Ordered the deluxe. Going to display baby Luke on the light up table like baby Jesus.

:lol

I was thinking the same thing. I’m gonna have a Star Wars nativity scene. The three robed wise men will be Obi Wan, Anakin, and Darth Maul :lol
(Darth Maul will be a stand in until I have some other robed figure, but at least he’s red)

Eh as long as it wasn’t $50 or more for the deluxe, I don’t mind..the emperor/ Anakin accessory is pretty cool. I will say that I have my reservations going through BBTS with the huge delay on my Spidey HC :lecture but hopefully , that’s HT fault and not BBTS. Because I will never justify the NRDs with SSC..sorry :slap

Spider-Man Deluxe is all on hot toys, SS only got a tiny shipment when the regular hit as well. Every other seller is still waiting on them too. Still waiting for mine as well.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Eh as long as it wasn’t $50 or more for the deluxe, I don’t mind..the emperor/ Anakin accessory is pretty cool. I will say that I have my reservations going through BBTS with the huge delay on my Spidey HC :lecture but hopefully , that’s HT fault and not BBTS. Because I will never justify the NRDs with SSC..sorry :slap

I ordered that with a coupon from sideshow and still have not received it...So not BBTS fault. Hot Toys delay I assume. But definitely need to be prepared to wait longer through BBTS. I still have heard nothing about DX Jack Sparrow and lots of folks already have him. Still better than sideshow's shipping for profit lowdown business practice.

My only complaint is he looks a little chunky in the torso area. Hopefully they can remove some padding and tighten up the jedi tunic a bit.

Other than that it looks great. So happy to see this revealed finally, an instant preorder.

My only complaint is he looks a little chunky in the torso area. Hopefully they can remove some padding and tighten up the jedi tunic a bit.

Other than that it looks great. So happy to see this revealed finally, an instant preorder.

That’s easily fixable provided that his belt is removable . I think it just needs to be stripped down like RO Vader and the clothes refitted. Made a huge difference with Vader IMO

Just went against my no prequel collectibles rule and pre-ordered at BBTS.

Tap'd from my 7+

I switched my pre-order to the deluxe version. I've become obsessed with creepy baby Luke.

It's been awhile since a figure took my breath away. Please let the production version be as strong as this knock-out proto is. Fantastic!

Got my PO in for the deluxe. This looks amazing.

Ordered the deluxe as soon as I saw it. Hopefully HT is just getting started on this line--Padme, Qui-Gon, Mace, Palpatine, Maul, Aayla, Senate Guard, etc. Would also be nice to see EpI & Ep II Obi-Wan and Anakin. I just know HT is going to milk the clones as well, meaning I'll have to upgrade all the SS.

It's been awhile since a figure took my breath away. Please let the production version be as strong as this knock-out proto is. Fantastic!

The latest HT releases seem to blur the line between prototype and production.

Admittedly though, this is giving me flashbacks to Sideshow when ROTS Obi-Wan was one of the first figures to really show that prototype to production is a significant drop. The paint on the prototype looked great and gave me the same excitement I feel today for the HT. While I still came to really like the figure anyway and it’s one of two figures I held onto of the 50 or so Sideshow Star Wars I used to have, I still found myself look back at proto pics thinking what could have been, years later HT delivers.

This has to be the best looking pair of on screen figures I've seen. To be really screen accurate, can they randomly switch who's holding who's saber, just like in the movie? :D

Is he on a short body?

Hmmm. Mcgregor is 5”10 listed, seems shorter to me in films for some odd reason

Maybe they will use the standard TT

Great looking portrait. He looks amazing with the long robe on, but pretty ridiculous without it. Hopefully they source a material that works a little better for 1/6th.

All moot for me though: prequels

Ordered Standard. Happy the battle droid parts come with both. Don't need blue hologram figs. Looks awesome

The tunic looks a bit poofy. Seems like it could use some futzing to tighten it all to the body a bit better. Can’t wait for this pair! (Anakin/ ObiWan)
Seems like it’s only a matter of time before we get the Sith eyes version of Anakin with exclusive extra crispy/ no arms and legs version.

finally someone at HT came to their senses!!! Here is hoping for a Qui Gon, Darth Maul and all the other PT figures people want!!!!

Back