1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Bottom lip bothers me and his neck looks a little too long

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Hopefully everything works out and the pics just suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom lip bothers me and his neck looks a little too long
Agree, seem like we need to sand down the neck by ourself.

The reason lower lip resembling a tongue is the oversharpness in the area below tongue in the FP. The groove between that part and chin is more prominent in FP, that it gives the illusion of a lip.
That groove is smoother in proto and lip remains as a lip.

But at least you guys will get another two to three versions of PT Obi-Wan from HT.

Perhaps even a BD version of this very figure at SDCC.

Man-you hit the nail on the head...BD version for SDCC..They did it for Anakin!
There is time to adjust the sculpt as far as paint Apps are concerned,and probs just a bare bones release BUT with the pan droid perhaps?

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Perhaps it’s just the lightning, but the production head looks quite awful compared to the prototype

The photos from JC seem to look better

E2E48B90-57B3-462B-A009-CC618B5ECF7D.jpgIMG_8871.jpg

It looks like the padawan episode 1 obi wan wearing episode 3 hair and beard

I think the paint apps on the hair suffered greatly. That is a huge step down from normal ht paint. This is almost a ss quality figure as far as paint. Almost

I wonder if this is a case of too many irons in the fire? Ht make a lot of figures a year. Is it a case of quantity over quality now? Production has suffered greatly on the last few figures. I shudder to think about the final sculpt on tooth Skywalker in Endor gear.

That lower lip sticks out like he's smoked way too many large pipes over the years...

Eyes being too wide apart seems like the obvious problem besides the flattening.

He's got "Cheech" lip
cheech-and-chong.jpg

Few snaps via Hot Toys Madman on Facebook.
02ec0371ed2f185ce7c503aa4106db52.jpg
5c268fd4d28ea10196adf1c47793dc10.jpg
7efaba1d479e39998a8d2ef12f70fe20.jpg

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Arrghh! Another high-water robe! (Good color though)

Yeah, thats odd....

That robe does look shorter than Anakin's. You'd think HT would've used the same pattern and material as they did for Anakin's, but just dyed it the lighter brown. Which in turn would make Obi's robe look longer as the he should be shorter than Anakin. Maybe it's just bunched up behind him in the box making it look short.

I think he may have to be posed looking down, to offset the giant lip. It still looks bad in those boxed pics, but the hair looks a little better. Bring on the video reviews.

Back