1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Looks great. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Yup, looks fantastic. Excited!

Quick review here guys, and Obiwan looks absolutely stunning!

Leave it to Justin to restore my faith in the figure:yess:

Do you guys think the scale to Anakin is accurate. Wasn’t Hayden taller than Ewan in the film, but the two figures look the same height :slap

Quick review here guys, and Obiwan looks absolutely stunning!

Thanks for posting that. He looks a whole lot better here. :yess: Looking forward to displaying him with Anakin! :)

Leave it to Justin to restore my faith in the figure:yess:

Do you guys think the scale to Anakin is accurate. Wasn’t Hayden taller than Ewan in the film, but the two figures look the same height :slap
Not sure what you're seeing but Obi Wan is definitely smaller.
631ff208f4e7fe74985f77f625116aff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4K vs. 480p
Xbox One X vs. N64

:lol

Not sure what you're seeing but Obi Wan is definitely smaller.
631ff208f4e7fe74985f77f625116aff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks I missed this shot, all I’ve seen are dueling shots where Anakin has bent legs so I was scared the scale wasn’t accurate

It’s so odd Hayden doesn’t look that tall in reality, but I guess he is

I mean Prowse is a giant , but I guess Hayden is a tall dude :lol

Screenshot_2019-04-05-16-31-42.jpg

Took a screen shot from the video review. The tongue sticking out look doesnt seem to be happening with his figure. That's very promising.

Thanks I missed this shot, all I’ve seen are dueling shots where Anakin has bent legs so I was scared the scale wasn’t accurate

It’s so odd Hayden doesn’t look that tall in reality, but I guess he is

I mean Prowse is a giant , but I guess Hayden is a tall dude :lol

Hayden is not a giant at 183cm / 6'. Ewan's just not as tall at 177cm / 5'8. Both are kind of regular just not the exact same size.

Does SSC not charge tax to out of state residents yet? How could they possibly not but BBTS has to by law?
BBTS sent out an email a while back that Wisconsin changed laws or something so they were going to start charging sales tax to all/certain states (I don't recall), but Ohio was one of them, so it affects me. I'm sure before long, SSC will too, but for now, I don't pay sales tax when I order from them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BBTS sent out an email a while back that Wisconsin changed laws or something so they were going to start charging sales tax to all/certain states (I don't recall), but Ohio was one of them, so it affects me. I'm sure before long, SSC will too, but for now, I don't pay sales tax when I order from them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah that's the surprising thing. I got the BBTS email, but I can't believe Sideshow isn't implementing this themselves. They're a giant retailer and everything they sell is expensive as hell.

Head sculpt doesn’t look like a disaster, but I’m not particularly blown away. The face and beard on the older ANH Obi-Wan is far sharper in detail it seems. Also interesting that JC Hong confirmed they had tweaked the sculpt from the proto due to licensor demands.

Head sculpt doesn’t look like a disaster, but I’m not particularly blown away. The face and beard on the older ANH Obi-Wan is far sharper in detail it seems. Also interesting that JC Hong confirmed they had tweaked the sculpt from the proto due to licensor demands.

We demand more tongue!

It’s really maddening to hear that the licensor mettled with a near perfect sculpt. I throw up my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We demand more tongue!

PointedWholeBluebottle-size_restricted.gif

What was their demand? That looks way too realistic and accurate that it’s uncanny, make it look a bit more toy-ish?

Yeah it might still look good enough to keep my order... but I can't say I'm feeling especially excited for the figure anymore.

I hope those "licensor demands" aren't slow moves to dial the actor's personalities/likenesses back and make these look more generic in appearance to focus more on the "character". Yes, this Kenobi portrait still looks okay if not a little "blank stare" compared to the proto, but it's not at the level of attitude and intensity that the proto was (and I'm not talking manufactured softness or paint apps here).

Disney could decide that they want people to look at the figures and toys and see the "character", not the actor playing them. Pull the focus off of actual "likeness" and mandate a general "appearance" instead. I hope not. That idea makes me nervous for Dooku, Qui-Gon, Krennic and any other characters whose potrayal by the actor was one of the main attributes to it's appearance and success. But these are just assets to Disney, not characters portrayed by actors who brought a specific appearance and attitude to it.

If Disney wants to make more of these "adjustments" moving forward, I hope that it is on the prototype that we don't see until they have approved how they expect it to look. It would be more honest for the buyers and help alleviate the disappointment that comes from adjustments that are made after the proto is revealed, the PO's go up and in some cases, NRD's are collected for the figure.

I' agree with davejames's sentiment...it looks good enough to keep the order but the excitement level is definitely dampened for me for this figure.
Boy, remember the days when JC would actually stop/destroy a figure run if it didn't look it's best? (the old TS John Connor comes to mind)
Considering what's sliding through these days, it's a safe bet that if it looks "good enough", it gets in the box. It's all one big expensive gamble for us now.

Okay, rant over. Let's hope for more images and videos to hit over the weekend to help the wait.

The only thing I can think is they just thought the added wrinkles made him look too old. Because I'm not really seeing any other changes to the face when I look at a side by side comparison.

Back