1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Luke’s likeness looks off :gah:

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Hurry up, Obi-Wan...Anakin is waiting and he's not happy about it.

HT-ROTS-ANAKIN-046.jpg

As always, I'm awaiting some more in-hand shots and some video reviews. I'm still hopeful that despite these early shots, Kenobi will still be at least as good on display as Anakin is and that we'll be able to get some good shots of him.

Few snaps via Hot Toys Madman on Facebook.
02ec0371ed2f185ce7c503aa4106db52.jpg
5c268fd4d28ea10196adf1c47793dc10.jpg
7efaba1d479e39998a8d2ef12f70fe20.jpg

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

He looks perfect to me though..

Again those blogger pics are always terrible

Clearly it won’t be long before they’ll be making Battle Droids.

...and Greivous.

Ughh.. Grievous. The thought of his price scares me and gives me nightmares. I'm both excited and petrified at the same time. :lol

At least I have the SS version to hold and coddle while weeping at the price HT is gonna charge for that guy.

Quick review here guys, and Obiwan looks absolutely stunning!

True, but I'd rather knock the price down with SSC then have the added on sales tax and the longer wait from BBTS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Does SSC not charge tax to out of state residents yet? How could they possibly not but BBTS has to by law?

Thanx for sharing. He looks indeed great there!

Definite relief, he looks great in that video. I’m sure there are those of us who will repaint - lighten the hair color, weather the outfit and the cloak a bit, but Obi looks really great.

We need Mace next ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurry up, Obi-Wan...Anakin is waiting and he's not happy about it.

View attachment 449620

As always, I'm awaiting some more in-hand shots and some video reviews. I'm still hopeful that despite these early shots, Kenobi will still be at least as good on display as Anakin is and that we'll be able to get some good shots of him.
mate he definitely will be. Obi will look amazing on the shelf. I can guarantee it!

Much as I want this to be great, I remain, sadly, unconvinced.

It does look better in the video. Hair is still too dark and I’m not sure about the tailoring on the tunic, may have to keep the robe on. Hopefully better in hand pics show up today. Definitely interested to see the holograms set up.

Robe length looks pretty good to me in the video, and seems like it could still be pulled down more than Justin had it.

I'm not going to get this figure, but I wouldn't mind getting the Emperor/Palpatine holo separately if someone wants to sell it.

He looks a lot better in that review that DarkChocobi posted. As expected. Hopefully more reviews and in hand pictures continue to roll in for further convincing. The initial blogger pics are seldom anything to ever accurately judge a figure by.

I don't know why everyone acts like the sky is falling with these blogger pics. This Obi Wan still looks great even with the softening of the sculpt. Maybe my standards are different but I'm excited for him.

The secret to happiness is low expectations.

Quick review here guys, and Obiwan looks absolutely stunning!

Spinning making me dizzy, should be half that speed.

I don't know why everyone acts like the sky is falling with these blogger pics. This Obi Wan still looks great even with the softening of the sculpt. Maybe my standards are different but I'm excited for him.

The usual drop off from proto to production doesn't bother me. Still looks okay to me, it's just the tongue-ish lower lip that's an issue. Doesn't look too bad in the video above though. I'm pretty on the fence about any PT figures but this one was high up there as Ewan was one of the few highlights of the PT for me.

Back