1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Hey I have a 20 dollar off at alterego if anyone wants it. OBI is sold out there but you can use it on other stuff of course. IM me.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

We need simple in hand pics, like the sh____ kind that I put here and there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still nothing on YouTube from Toys TV in HK ...

Ps. I was debating ordering this before Dooku. Think I’m gonna hold off. Like ANH Luke, the proto was just amazing but here we are again.

Aside from Exclusive, receiving early and reward points what are the benefits of ordering from SS? I usually order at BBTS for $4 shipping with my product delivered in a larger shipping box then pay $24 shipping and have product delivered in my HT shipper damaged (which has happened twice for me)
Nothing really. I just don't order from SSC much anymore, so I've got reward points to use, so I went ahead and switched sites. Normally, I'd rather have cheaper shipping and the double boxing from BBTS, but after sales tax, it's basically the same price on either site. It just depends if I want to use my rp or not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't cancel quite yet.

Actual in hand pictures should be coming soon from Asia. And the usual videos. You have 4-6 weeks before this arrives at Sideshow.

Thought you’re only collect PT villians?

Yikes! HT really bungled this one like they did with Farmboy Luke (an order I thankfully canceled). Shame since Ewan was the only good part of those terrible prequels. Now I'm getting cold feet on pre-ordering Dooku. Hopefully the Yondu team is on that one cause this looks like a Sideshow figure.

d2b5d58971214d5e72ed21e5de4116ae.jpg

So far some of the biggest issues are that hot toys left out they're infamous hair "sheen" that metallic overcoat that most of their figs have. Alsonthe hair doesnt gradient from light to dark its just dark and lastly he looks very young he diesnt have any distinguishing looks as in the prototype and the movie. I know protos are always diff from final piece. But this looks like a sideshow piece...im surprised to say the least. I hope they see the feedback and make some paint revisions which I think will be a significant improvement since tbe sculpt itself isn't bad..and will always look better in hand. My biggest issue is I thought this figure was going to be up there with Garmin as far as overall look amd detail a top 3 piece. Now I'm a little apprehensive with Count dooku which I shouldn't be but sideshow always drops the ball its scary to think we can't drop our guard with Hottoys as we normally do. And for accesories the original holograms looked songood now there closer to sideshow style holograms

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I haven’t been collecting long but looking at proto photos to this is jarring. What’s even more shocking for someone who just entered the hobby is this thing looks like my research on what figures looked like 5-6 yrs ago. Unless in hand photos are drastically better the deluxe is worth $175. Disappointing.

Man that proto sculpt was so good.

Like all things, I'm sure this will look better in hand... but yeah, its not one of HT's finest.

And these blogger pictures are just getting so cluttered with goofy FX and colors that the figures themselves look bad. The point is to flatter the figure, not the photographer.

Those simple pictures with just the figure against the silver border are the best ones.

'memba the simple days of OMG photography?

Whatever happened to OMG?He used to post pics in here all the time.
True also about the FX cluttering the figure reveals.
i get that it adds to sales and preorders.

The time has come to talk about staining / washing, and we are still discussing unsuccessful photos of a good figure.

There are 2 camera men for the Hot Toys Facebook photos. SiuPing's photos looks very wrong in every angle. I hope it is just the camara man (SiuPing) lack of skill. Faint!

... looks like my research on what figures looked like 5-6 yrs ago.

I made this exact point to a friend earlier tonight.

It's an amazing loss from proto to final. Many times it has been the opposite for HT. Too bad it had to be on this one.

Worst of all the likeness that was there in the proto is gone now. It just looks generic and not like Ewan. I blame the loss of the facial details and such to be the typical smoothing/softness the mp sculpts always end up with. There is no excuse for the hair to be so damn dark though, that's their fault.

But at least you guys will get another two to three versions of PT Obi-Wan from HT.

Perhaps even a BD version of this very figure at SDCC.

We need in hand pics, having said that, look at their Nebula, I realize that it doesn’t have human flesh tones, but look at this thing. I’m hoping Obi turns out better in person.

And when the f____ will they ever announce Bespin Han and ESB Lando???

271f522c9dce9ef4089656f699923063.jpg

I’m not feeling a lot of Love for Star Wars from them, I know Marvel pays for their mansions, but come on

Howard is a HUGE Star Wars fan. Trust me there has been the same issues with Marvel figures as this guy. Everything on here is a repeat of what was said about IW Cap.

And Nebula is still a Proto right now.

Any shots of baby Luke yet? Wonder how the likeness is on that.

Back