1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Idk, I still think it’ll be fine when it’s on the shelf.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Wow,
i usually don’t panic , and I’m not there, not yet, but all the posted pics on FB look pretty crappy!! Sculpt, robe, tunic. Very sub par.

i was really looking forward to this what would be my only Obi.

At least I purchased somewhere other than SSC so I have time to decide after seeing plenty of in hand pics.

Definitely looks like the B league factory was used though.

Probably be find in hand. But it definitely needs water treatment and some good posing. Keeping the cloak on helps as well. I don't think that spongey tunic material will be solved by a bath.

The clothing is a definite improvement over the prototype.

Need to this this in hand.

Looks very disappointing compared to the prototype, but that could be down to this photographing poorly.

Looks like he is blowing raspberries.

In my experience dealing with HT is the sculpts are designed that when we need to mod or customize the paint jobs , it’s not too difficult to get the HS looking more film or character accurate.

The issue is for the amount of money we pay for their product, there shouldn’t be any need to mod these :lecture

Yeah, usually it's just a matter of adding a few extra layers and details that the production painters apparently don't have time for. It's clear here that the base hair color is the same as on the proto, but it's missing the lighter brown over top.

So there's actually something going on either between photos (photoshop?) or between sculpts. In this first one there's a clearly defined gap of skin before the beard starts. Where as in the second it goes straight from tongue-lip to beard.

55835939_10156155467822344_7357766285037404160_o.jpg

56513087_10156155471022344_1033372193729282048_o.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah the photos like the top one look about perfect in that area. I don’t understand what’s going on there.

Perhaps the top is the V2 sculpt Sideshow will be getting? :lol

Wow the proto sculpt looked so much better. Better skin detail, better color on beard and hair. Somehow the likeness looks off too. I mean if they know the hair on proto was supposed to be that brown color, why the hell did they make it literally black on the mp? I wanted this to go with the new cody, but this is a pass. IF they can't even get the hair color right **** it.

Wow, checking out some more pics his hair was even lighter than I remembered. And there was also a bit of gray mixed in as well that HT missed, and which would give him more of that distinguished look he had.

ewan-mcgregor-rumored-to-be-reprising-his-role-as-obi-wan-kenobi-in-star-wars-episode-ix-social~.jpg
1494516639-un-spin-off-de-obi-wan-kenobi.jpg

Not the best figure by a long shot. Kind of debating cancelling, but I have Anakin already and the two are meant to go together. I'll wait for some video reviews before deciding.

Not the best figure by a long shot. Kind of debating cancelling, bug I have Anakin already and the two are meant to go together. I'll wait for some video reviews before deciding.

I have Anakin and have Cody on pre-order. But i'm still thinking of cancelling.

Just cancelled my Deluxe Obi Wan at BBTS if someone wanted to get it. I reordered at SSC with reward points.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't cancel quite yet.

Actual in hand pictures should be coming soon from Asia. And the usual videos. You have 4-6 weeks before this arrives at Sideshow.

Plenty of time for Sideshow V2 batch.

True, but I'd rather knock the price down with SSC then have the added on sales tax and the longer wait from BBTS.

I’ll wait for in hand for sure, but this might be a cancel if the lip is that bad. I really wanted this, but that lip look like a tongue, and it looks like he is blowing a raspberry at anakin. Anakin was homerun and this is barely a single.
But, better pics may help.

Just cancelled my Deluxe Obi Wan at BBTS if someone wanted to get it. I reordered at SSC with reward points.

Aside from Exclusive, receiving early and reward points what are the benefits of ordering from SS? I usually order at BBTS for $4 shipping with my product delivered in a larger shipping box then pay $24 shipping and have product delivered in my HT shipper damaged (which has happened twice for me)

Like all things, I'm sure this will look better in hand... but yeah, its not one of HT's finest.

And these blogger pictures are just getting so cluttered with goofy FX and colors that the figures themselves look bad. The point is to flatter the figure, not the photographer.

Those simple pictures with just the figure against the silver border are the best ones.

'memba the simple days of OMG photography?

Back