1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really excited to get mine in (out for delivery today!). I've always thought it looked pretty close but smirk would have done a lot for the likeness on this head-sculpt. Sad that after all this time Hot Toys still largely rely on neutral expressions for most figures.

It is a very mediocre figure, that I don't regret getting but hoped for more. Overall, its well made or painted, but the expression and likeness are not strong points. As just a figure, its better than my A1 Loki, but from a likeness and sentiment position, A1 def. wins. If I had to give up one HT in my collection tomorrow, Raganorok Loki would be on the short-list.

^ Harsh. This figure is way better than even i hoped for. It is def like 80% Hiddleston, which is more than i can say for that hideous TDW loki figure that people actually bought and lied to themselves that it looked good.

I’m on the fence about buying this figure. Sometimes I feel like doing so based on reviews, and sometimes I feel like I would actually be buying a mediocre figure with all the mentioned flaws. I can’t remember having this feelings before buying a figure. It has always been immediate buys or immediate passes.

Does SSC have this in stock now or it still batch phase??? I need to buy a figure for xmas, this one is an option but only if it ships out soon.

They told me it was a batch release when I went to pay mine off. But then they were able to charge me two days after that conversation, so I don't know. :lol Just contact SSC and they'll tell you.

I think it's a good likeness and the figure overall is great. I do like the expression and I think it looks way better in hand than in photos. I love everything it comes with. It definitely looks a ton better than TDW Loki. I'm not a big fan of Avengers Loki's eyes since it looks like he's cross-eyed unless you take a photo at a certain angle.

I think this pic pretty much sums the sculpt up. When you compare the box art to the sculpt it's not 100%. That smirk and face on the box is how I would have wanted this to look.

However I'm still glad I have him in the collection. However I do tend to agree if I was forced to have to sell some he may be on the short list. But that's just my opinion.

Has anyone tilted his head downwards (like in the pic) to perhaps improve the likeness ? He does tend to do that in the movie. Or does the moulded hair prevent that ?

48356652_122139828809008_2652358870415966208_o.jpg

A smirk would've been perfect on this figure, but I'm satisfied with him as is.

I am a little disappointed with the knives, they feel really cheap being plastic. Wish they'd been metal. The helmet also isn't metal, which is my mistake on that since it looked metal in the reviews. It has a very nice gloss for plastic though. This is a nice figure and i really enjoy it.

Metal helmet would probably hurt the hs. And I rather have a plastic knife, cos that would be dangerous if I accidentally step on it or something and def don't want my son anywhere near it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The knives just feel really flimsy and delicate. I was afraid when putting them in the hands. As to stabbing, c'mon man they wouldn't be sharp. HT doesn't make metal weapons sharp. As to the helmet as i said it was my stupid mistake assuming they would make it metal. Don't know why i thought that.

To be fair there's a been some commentary on how sharp the gauntlets are on the new Tactical Batman. People have cut themselves on those and they're plastic.

Got mine 2 days ago. Haven’t bought a figure in awhile so I was really looking forward this.
View attachment 436514
View attachment 436515
I am stealing the last pose.... It's so awesome

The knives just feel really flimsy and delicate. I was afraid when putting them in the hands. As to stabbing, c'mon man they wouldn't be sharp. HT doesn't make metal weapons sharp. As to the helmet as i said it was my stupid mistake assuming they would make it metal. Don't know why i thought that.
It's not really the sharpness, its the pointy part... It'll still be painful

I wish I had the scepter. I like that pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine 2 days ago. Haven’t bought a figure in awhile so I was really looking forward this.

Fantastic pics:clap! Thank you for posting! Looks like I will be happy enough to get my first Loki, when I can pay him off. Really wish HT had lightened his expression up, but is what it is.

IMO Loki needs to make a re-appearance in End Game anyway, in a big way, so between IW and TV series there's hope for another HT Loki. I wouldn't mind having 2 Lokis.

It really makes me wish they had given him just some other kind of scepter after avengers. Loki really shouldn't be using little daggers.

He does do a fair amount of stabbing tho as a character, overall. Re-watched Thor 1 - it was hard to tell but the beginning battle Loki was using knives or something. Think BBTS still has Bruce Banner w. short staff - glad I picked up Banner from Popcultcha, nice fig. Loki can use that staff for a switch and Banner can display with BW and Ultron Cap on my shelf.

Back