1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking to buy a custom head sculpt from eBay around 20 dollars, which looks like the Avengers headsculpt. Then buying a black suit and making Ragnarok civil version of Loki. Maybe not iconic as this or A1 version without helmet, but it would be much cheaper and I don't have any Loki in my collection. What are you thinking about this, anyone have a custom Loki to show some pics?
Now that you mention it I might swap out the head from this figure and put it on the John Wick body when it releases just to see how it looks. I figure that's as close as I'll get to a civilian version of Loki.

I was thinking to buy a custom head sculpt from eBay around 20 dollars, which looks like the Avengers headsculpt. Then buying a black suit and making Ragnarok civil version of Loki. Maybe not iconic as this or A1 version without helmet, but it would be much cheaper and I don't have any Loki in my collection. What are you thinking about this, anyone have a custom Loki to show some pics?
Acplay made a suit for Loki, and I have it. I just don't know what body fits it...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

you're right it's not so bad
just too serious, like he knows he's gonna die ^^
definitely missing a smirk
and neck is a bit too long too

I made a custom civilian Loki (from A1 movie) : https://collection.phpblocnote.net/?/category/568
I wish I could make a custom Thor1 civilian Loki :love
I don't like the full-black look in Ragnarok (but I admit Ragnarok HS look will perfectly fit that scene :p)

His face is too long, that was apparent in the pics without the helmet. Why the long face? He's not a horse, Hot Toys!

His face is long. Plus there could easily be lens distortion. Don't stress it !

loki_comparison.jpg

you're right it's not so bad
just too serious, like he knows he's gonna die ^^
definitely missing a smirk

I don't mind the serious look. I plan on putting him with my villains and I like a more comic like scheming and dour Loki.

Final product pics turned me around on this headsculpt. Ordered. Glad to finally have a Loki in my collection (and will complete my Ragnarok line, lest Valkyrie comes out). I would really like to find a spear or staff for him to hold, but sadly the only Gungnir on eBay is over $100...

Final product pics turned me around on this headsculpt. Ordered. Glad to finally have a Loki in my collection (and will complete my Ragnarok line, lest Valkyrie comes out). I would really like to find a spear or staff for him to hold, but sadly the only Gungnir on eBay is over $100...
Ahh that's a good idea... Might try to find one too when I get loki... Hope I can find a reasonable price too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm just going to use the Sceptre from the Banner/Hulk 2 pack. Don't know what it was called, but it had the tesseract in it I believe. Anything bigger than those little kitchen knives have gotta look better.

Would love to know how many orders they have for each figure. That would be pretty interesting info for us fans that really love one figure or the other.

Although a bit dated, this behind the scenes short documentary is not bad.

https://comicsalliance.com/hot-toys-behind-the-scenes-video/

Oh cool, thanks for posting. That was pretty informative...wish it was longer though.

The main takeaway for me is that 20-30k is the absolutely most they'll produce per figure. I wonder what the average is then...10-15k per character?

Tony Ho's picture from OSR FB group.
Imo, ragnarok loki is best. The hs is much better to me. Glad I have this on po.
b0376ac65e715bf2ad92b098493aeb75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

he should compare with or without helmet for all ^^
well, at least ragnarok outfit is different, AV1 and DW are very close

Oh cool, thanks for posting. That was pretty informative...wish it was longer though.

The main takeaway for me is that 20-30k is the absolutely most they'll produce per figure. I wonder what the average is then...10-15k per character?

Yeah it is a rare but brief look at how it works.

I took that 20-30k as max number of figures which can be produced at any one time. Ie 3-4 figures in parallel. Can't imagine 10-15k average per figure. I'd guess more sub 10k per figure.

Back