1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s so bad about TDW Loki?...

Without the cape and helmet, it felt kinda boring in comparison to the Avengers version... It looks decent with the OSK helmet and cape I got for it awhile back, but still not as good as the Avengers version. Just doesn't pop on the shelf as much (if that makes sense)

b0376ac65e715bf2ad92b098493aeb75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great comparison photo... :clap

I never liked the Avengers costume. Between the armor/tunic, the outer jacket and the cape he was waaaay to poofy for me. I liked his original look in Thor the best. Kills me they never made the figure beyond the prototype shown. I actually prefer the TDW look over Avengers. I'm kinda liking this Ragnarok look, but prefer a full helmet and just maybe a little more armor like the TDW look.

I'd combine costume bits from the Dark World and Ragnarok. And then I'd give him Gungnir. I bought a parted out one way back when Odin was released to be able to give it to my Loki some day. :( Been in a box ever since.

What’s so bad about TDW Loki?...

The overall quality of the sculpt is fine, but the expression they went with is just plain odd and doesn't suite Loki's character/personality. It's just not good as a definitive Loki IMO. While the expression on the Ragnarok version is also bland at least it comes with his helmet and will be a good option for those who just want a Loki figure and/or never owned a Loki before.

^ Well i mean in regards to the figure itself. It was pretty steep for both thor and loki back then when they went up. Loki was like 240ish and came with basically nothing. If it had been like 220ish and that barebones it wouldn't have been so bad.

Looking at the comparison picture, I definitely like the Ragnarok version and expression the most out of the three. Especially with the shiny helmet and tesseract that come with it as well. The eyes kind of look cross-eyed to me on the Avengers one.

Poor old TDW always got a bad rap because it was dismissed as Avengers Lite.. Almost like Ragnarok coming out with weapons, the horns etc... and then releasing an Infinity figure with just a knife and Tesseract..

having both the two first figures released I can say :
- Av1 looks great (but doesn't actually looks like Tom H.) and is a little cross-eyed (when you look at it from front)
- DW looks less like Loki or Tom but has a tiny smirk and I prefer its haircut
- custom head looks good, is less cross-eyed than the original but the skin is a little too dark, seems he's been staying too long in New Mexico :)

I feel I'll never get a proper mini Tom Hiddleston as Loki, only a proper Loki's figure wich is not the same in my mind ^^
and when I see some other HT figures, so accurate, I feel sad they can't do the same for Loki / Tom Hiddleston

Poor old TDW always got a bad rap because it was dismissed as Avengers Lite.. Almost like Ragnarok coming out with weapons, the horns etc... and then releasing an Infinity figure with just a knife and Tesseract..

That's what it was though, i mean it was. TDW Loki just doesn't make for an interesting figure. I wish i had been a bigger loki fan back then and got the 1st figure. That staff is cool.

having both the two first figures released I can say :
- Av1 looks great (but doesn't actually looks like Tom H.) and is a little cross-eyed (when you look at it from front)
- DW looks less like Loki or Tom but has a tiny smirk and I prefer its haircut
- custom head looks good, is less cross-eyed than the original but the skin is a little too dark, seems he's been staying too long in New Mexico :)

I feel I'll never get a proper mini Tom Hiddleston as Loki, only a proper Loki's figure wich is not the same in my mind ^^
and when I see some other HT figures, so accurate, I feel sad they can't do the same for Loki / Tom Hiddleston

Yeah. For sure IMO these figs jumped in cost enough the last few years - w. apparently cuts in accessories a lot of the time - that a good to great sculpt is the least HT could do. The work/cost to do a production run is the same re painting, unmolding and so on.

Haven't been collecting long enough to really know, but seems like my favs Cap, Bucky, Natasha all took a couple of tries to get really right (except masked TWS Bucky but that's a cheat). I actually didn't buy CW Antman 'coz I felt like the sculpt really did look off compared to the first one, like HT went backwards.:slap

Then they put out DS #1 and for me he's so good, I can't see buying another re the sculpt.

Mostly I'm fine with a neutral expression on figs - some of the open mouth figs IMO look kinda goofy - but tho I think this is a pretty good Loki, and there WERE scenes in Ragnarok where his face was set - I just don't see the *quintessential* Loki that way. I'd prefer him with a bit of a smile - more like Loki, full of mischief.

Still - the comparison pic is great, as this is my first Loki. I like his costume + get a Tesseract. He'll go great with my Roadworn Thor.:clap

PS. for those needing a staff - Popcultcha has Bruce Banner at 50% off. This staff is shorter but I'm gonna use it w. Loki. Picked Banner up from PC a while back and he's a great fig too - even if the sculpt is a bit off:lol:monkey3

Yeah i think people praise that sculpt way too much. It isn't perfect without the helmet on. Much like the 1st hawkeye sculpt wasn't that accurate looking either.

Yeah i think people praise that sculpt way too much. It isn't perfect without the helmet on. Much like the 1st hawkeye sculpt wasn't that accurate looking either.
Is it? I hear more complains than praises... The only praise is that it looks the best of the three but the likeness is still off. Especially compared to hela or thor, loki is very disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back