1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

I'm probably in. Really wanted a Loki and figure from the looks of things good enough for an IW rep.

Just wanna think about the other POs first re IW. If they are all gonna be ~240-250 $ now?:(

Like the figure but damn, look at that price. Prices go higher and accessories get less and less. I started collecting back in 2009 with john connor being my first figure. A lot of accessories were included back then for $139. Yeah, the face sculpts have gotten better but quality control has gotten worse. I'm still collecting today, just more picky with my purchases.

Wow all of the negative comments about the blue outfit. Hilarious. You all do realize that this is the “Thor Ragnarok” Loki right?

Got a text from Sideshow for Loki. Thought the action figure was $99.00 til I realized it was the statue of him....duh! 😆 Just got DX15 Jack Sparrow that comes with a buttload of stuff for about $260.00, & since I already have Avengers Loki, I don't need this one. But it's still a nice piece... 😃

Well this is priced lower than thor at least and it a significant improvement over that despicable dark world loki figure. Can't believe people were stupid enough to buy that.

Strange the switch from the blue outfit to the green one. Plus the tesseract pedestal is missing. I wonder if a SDCC variant is in store?

For me, Avengers' version looks like a cheap version from Eleven

CtnS47h.png

Ok what is the point in bringing up how great A1 loki is? You can't get it anymore. Who cares. This loki is all that matters to me.

I mean to be fair, it's from the 1st Avengers movie. It's always going to have that going for it. The release of a new version will of course create nostalgia for what some/many collectors believe is already the "definitive" version. Comparing it to A1 Loki is inevitable and unavoidable.

I personally really like this myself. PO'd with BBTS.

Never liked the Avengers Loki. Face sculpt wasn't very good to me, and hated the bulky ass costume. Way too many layers between the coat and cloak and huge shoulder pads. Wasn't very screen accurate as the materials they used were way too thick. Preferred the Dark World costume since they lost the overcoat, less bulky, but no helmet no cape and no staff. Kinda like this costume, but don't like the 1/2 helmet, and again no staff. I bought a parted out Odin's staff & Loki Helmet way back when. This head looks pretty slim, wonder if the Avengers helmet will fit on him? Still wish they made their Loki from the 1st Thor movie. Still my favorite look... (crappy pic as no good hires image out there) Depending on what happens in IW, since it's the same costume as Ragnarok, I'm running out of Loki options....

loki2.jpg

I just don't see the point in comparing something that can't be gotten anymore. Definitive or not.

Something can only be truly judged by comparing it to something else. In this case, every new HT figure is compared to the previous versions in literally every figure thread on this forum. Now what someone feels is superior or better is merely their opinion, and not an absolute. Like what you like, don't worry about those that feel the need to pat themselves on the back for having the bestest ever!! The only opinion that matters in collecting is your own. You buy what you like and what makes you happy, not what others like.

And as far as avengers Loki not being available?? Sure it is. Plenty on ebay. It can still be purchased, just not at retail prices. So it is available, but depending on what your budget is or what you are willing to pay for it and feel it is worth is a different story.

Never liked the Avengers Loki. Face sculpt wasn't very good to me, and hated the bulky ass costume. Way too many layers between the coat and cloak and huge shoulder pads. Wasn't very screen accurate as the materials they used were way too thick. Preferred the Dark World costume since they lost the overcoat, less bulky, but no helmet no cape and no staff.

Totally agree with you. I do, however, really like the half-helmet, since I thought Agent of Asgard was wonderful. For me, Ragnarok Loki and TDW Loki will make a great evolution pairing that gives me what I want out of a 1/6 Loki representation (I'm just going to have to pour one out for Blue Loki :rip). Thor 1 Loki would definitely be awesome though. That said, if we could only get one more non-Thor Asgardian, my vote would immediately go toward a TDW Heimdall. :rock

Totally agree with you. I do, however, really like the half-helmet, since I thought Agent of Asgard was wonderful. For me, Ragnarok Loki and TDW Loki will make a great evolution pairing that gives me what I want out of a 1/6 Loki representation (I'm just going to have to pour one out for Blue Loki :rip). Thor 1 Loki would definitely be awesome though. That said, if we could only get one more non-Thor Asgardian, my vote would immediately go toward a TDW Heimdall. :rock

HT doing a Heimdall figure like the picture you posted would definitely be cool.... But please not the non armored non helmeted look in Ragnarok... :gah:

Well I've ordered him now. I usually don't take much notice of Sideshow discount codes and just use Reward Points. I knew the code I got for ordering Black Panther a few weeks ago wasn't good for much, hence why I completely ignored it.. (the usual old Sideshow stock, and only Drax and Red/Gold Bones from the Hot Toys lineup), but what I was neglecting was the International Thank You code sitting in my account for Iron Man Mark VI being shipped was appliable to new Pre-Orders and worth $25US..

Assuming I get the same when Gladiator Thor is shipped, I'll likely order Infinity Thor then.. :yess:

Back