1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's REALLY nice - IMO it's a great sculpt with the very subtle smirk, and some expression. Great stitching; like Josette sez it's not plain at all, and I'm seriously hoping IW Bucky - who also has angled stitches across the chest - is being done by the same people.

Really detailed hair. pale skin like Hiddleston but a faint color tint at the ears etc. Stands well alone. My one quibble would be the hair limits head articulation but that's my Roadworn Thor too. IMO everything very good quality and carefully done; even love the box art.

Hey, loved him enough to get a second one *greed*. Loki's a big fav of mine - gonna display one with helmet, one without.

BTW decided to re-route Loki #2 to a UPS store and SSC sez UPS charges them $16.50 to re-route in transit so they charged ME. They could've re-routed to a UPS hub for free; but our UPS distribution center isn't the greatest.:(

I like this fig enough to want to keep Loki safe.:cool:

Wow you are going to have two of this Loki, that's awesome!!!

I totally agree with you about how fantastic this figure looks. The more I look at this Loki the more I appreciate him. To be honest when I pre-ordered this figure I pretty much viewed him as a sort of conciliation acquisition because I got into this hobby too late to get A1 Loki. I know a lot of collectors prefer Loki from Avengers1 as the definitive Hot Toys Loki figure but I actually like this Ragnarok Loki more than the A1 version. So I am really happy that I ended up with this new version. I think people who are passing up on this Loki may regret it later.

As you said this Loki is far from plain, there is a lot of detail in his costume and the stitching truly is beautifully done. In my opinion the A1 figure is a bit too ornate/over the top for my taste.

Thanks again for your suggestions with the helmet!

Wow you are going to have two of this Loki, that's awesome!!!

I totally agree with you about how fantastic this figure looks. The more I look at this Loki the more I appreciate him. To be honest when I pre-ordered this figure I pretty much viewed him as a sort of conciliation acquisition because I got into this hobby too late to get A1 Loki. I know a lot of collectors prefer Loki from Avengers1 as the definitive Hot Toys Loki figure but I actually like this Ragnarok Loki more than the A1 version. So I am really happy that I ended up with this new version. I think people who are passing up on this Loki may regret it later.

As you said this Loki is far from plain, there is a lot of detail in his costume and the stitching truly is beautifully done. In my opinion the A1 figure is a bit too ornate/over the top for my taste.

Thanks again for your suggestions with the helmet!

Most welcome:) - yeah, I don't always double figures - but I'd looked at the 'bay and 10 year figs are WAY marked up. Tho this isn't the Loki 1 outfit, all things being equal, to me it COULD have been. It's his style; the silhouette, horns, green cape. Plus you get a Tesseract and for me, knives - which watching Thor 1, Loki is a knife user - something I didn't pay that much attention to for a long while.

Gotta get a picture up with Hela and my Roadworn Thor - IMO with Loki all 3 stellar figs (except for HT cheaping out and not giving Hela an unhelmeted sculpt). Loki definitely makes the display!

Guess I'll watch some Loki 1 reviews to compare out of curiosity, but hafta say I am very happy with this sculpt (or for sure I wouldn't be picking up another one to display unhelmeted!):lol

Yes Sassafras, when you have a chance please through up a few pics, of Road-worn Thoth, Loki, and Hela together, I’m looking forward to seeing that.
Do you find the Hela figure to be short? I have heard complaints about her height relative to other figures.

Loki is amazing and is my fav in my collection... And he is now low in stock in sideshow. Better buy them lokis

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes Sassafras, when you have a chance please through up a few pics, of Road-worn Thoth, Loki, and Hela together, I’m looking forward to seeing that.
Do you find the Hela figure to be short? I have heard complaints about her height relative to other figures.

If she is, I don't notice as I have her on a repurposed Phicen diorama base that adds height. I suppose if I was really bothered I would use longer ankle pegs. Mostly I focus on those horns and spectacular sculpt.

If she is, I don't notice as I have her on a repurposed Phicen diorama base that adds height. I suppose if I was really bothered I would use longer ankle pegs. Mostly I focus on those horns and spectacular sculpt.

That is good to know! I have been debating about picking up Hela. Based on pictures I have seen the headsculpt looks really good, I also like the outfit she is wearing a lot.

Question: so when people want to add height to their figures they can get longer ankle pegs? Where do you get these those? Can they be seen when looking at the figure? I only ask because it has always bothered me that my Thor (DW) seems shorter than he should be relative to the other Avengers figures.

That is good to know! I have been debating about picking up Hela. Based on pictures I have seen the headsculpt looks really good, I also like the outfit she is wearing a lot.

Question: so when people want to add height to their figures they can get longer ankle pegs? Where do you get these those? Can they be seen when looking at the figure? I only ask because it has always bothered me that my Thor (DW) seems shorter than he should be relative to the other Avengers figures.

Okay - apologize ahead of time if u know some of this!:horror I'm not a top-tier customizer but:

Aaaah, you are already sliding down the slippery slope of customizing your fig:cool:. I found out pretty fast there's a spectacular world of 1/6 customizers out there doing some amazing stuff.

First, suggest read Hela and Thor threads and see what folks did. Because while various knock off and genuine HT parts are pretty available, especially with KOs there isn't consistency. The cheap knock off pegs u pick up may or may not work with your HTs. U may need to try a couple of different kind of pegs.

Second, have your basic 1/6 repair kit together - small sharp scissors, fabric glue, super glue, tweezers, toothpicks, needle nose pliers and still like exacto knives and blades and I have all kinds of things like bamboo skewers and museum putty....a Dremel is good if you are going to go all in the hobby.....

Then you take 60$ or so and hit e-bay like:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-...m=361940900931&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

or places like Monkey Depot and Black Op Toys. Or Google 1/6 scale accessories. I say "60$" not 'coz ankle pegs and neck connectors are that expensive, but I always find other stuff that I didn't know I needed:lol and the bill goes up and up:cool:. Luv buying my Winter Soldier extra weapons.:monkey3

Or, you can cheat like me:monkey3 and hit Monkey Depot or other 1/6 places and display stuff at alternate heights with diorama bases (usually parted out from Phicen 1/6 figs), which I prefer anyway. You can buy clear risers at Amazon or E-bay, pick up stuff like tiles etc. from hardware and craft stores, build your own risers. U can pick up extra 1/6 "flight" stands for characters like Hela and have her "rising" or something like that.

BUT:horror. Most people seem to use Detolfs for display of HTs. I opted for stuff I already had - IKEA Hemnes bookshelves and hacking Target's Hadley line of bookshelves. So that gives me a bit more height and space than some. Also I try to avoid using stands if I can. That doesn't work for everyone. If using risers etc. MEASURE and measure again. Look at other folks' display pics. Using risers tho of any kind can help cheat the height thing visually.:monkey3

Couple of fast cell pics 'coz with Loki #2 on the way I gotta re-do everything:frank -but - Thor and Hela on old Phicen bases w. some plastic Tashimi (spelling?) flames scattered around.....ps. the more time I spend with this fig, the more I appreciate all the details - with all the pleating, gold edges on the biceps, the knives that really show well on the shelf, excellent sculpt and paint IMO - LOL turns out I LUV this fig.:love BTW, HT nailed this costume - link to real thing: https://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/2017/10/tom-hiddlestons-loki-costume-from-thor.html

HotToys_Raganarok_Loki_Hela.jpg

Hot_Toys_Ragnarok.jpg

Okay - apologize ahead of time if u know some of this!:horror I'm not a top-tier customizer but:

Aaaah, you are already sliding down the slippery slope of customizing your fig:cool:. I found out pretty fast there's a spectacular world of 1/6 customizers out there doing some amazing stuff.

First, suggest read Hela and Thor threads and see what folks did. Because while various knock off and genuine HT parts are pretty available, especially with KOs there isn't consistency. The cheap knock off pegs u pick up may or may not work with your HTs. U may need to try a couple of different kind of pegs.

Second, have your basic 1/6 repair kit together - small sharp scissors, fabric glue, super glue, tweezers, toothpicks, needle nose pliers and still like exacto knives and blades and I have all kinds of things like bamboo skewers and museum putty....a Dremel is good if you are going to go all in the hobby.....

Then you take 60$ or so and hit e-bay like:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-...m=361940900931&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

or places like Monkey Depot and Black Op Toys. Or Google 1/6 scale accessories. I say "60$" not 'coz ankle pegs and neck connectors are that expensive, but I always find other stuff that I didn't know I needed:lol and the bill goes up and up:cool:. Luv buying my Winter Soldier extra weapons.:monkey3

Or, you can cheat like me:monkey3 and hit Monkey Depot or other 1/6 places and display stuff at alternate heights with diorama bases (usually parted out from Phicen 1/6 figs), which I prefer anyway. You can buy clear risers at Amazon or E-bay, pick up stuff like tiles etc. from hardware and craft stores, build your own risers. U can pick up extra 1/6 "flight" stands for characters like Hela and have her "rising" or something like that.

BUT:horror. Most people seem to use Detolfs for display of HTs. I opted for stuff I already had - IKEA Hemnes bookshelves and hacking Target's Hadley line of bookshelves. So that gives me a bit more height and space than some. Also I try to avoid using stands if I can. That doesn't work for everyone. If using risers etc. MEASURE and measure again. Look at other folks' display pics. Using risers tho of any kind can help cheat the height thing visually.:monkey3

Couple of fast cell pics 'coz with Loki #2 on the way I gotta re-do everything:frank -but - Thor and Hela on old Phicen bases w. some plastic Tashimi (spelling?) flames scattered around.....ps. the more time I spend with this fig, the more I appreciate all the details - with all the pleating, gold edges on the biceps, the knives that really show well on the shelf, excellent sculpt and paint IMO - LOL turns out I LUV this fig.:love BTW, HT nailed this costume - link to real thing: https://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/2017/10/tom-hiddlestons-loki-costume-from-thor.html

View attachment 452573

View attachment 452574

Thanks so much for the tips. I sort of suspected I may be leading myself down a long path with the whole customization thing. I was terrified when I Modified Thor’s head to make that helmet fit (I got very lucky with my outcome).

I will check out those sites you mentioned. I actually stumbled upon Monkey Depot a while back but I was so new to the whole thing I wasn’t sure what was going on with the site, I didn’t realize at the time that people did customizations and modified existing figures 😂😂. I will go back and check them out again. I wonder if they will eventually have the clothes that Rocket wore in Endgame, I loved that outfit, it reminds me when I first saw him in a comic book.

Also thanks for mentioning tools I will need, I hadn’t even thought about that aspect of this sort of endeavor.

Finally, thanks for attaching those photos, they are great!!!
I may need to get Hela after all!

Btw: Sassafras it’s really cool how you set up a display for these three figures!

Thanks!:) Still working on my "Ragnarok" shelf - my Doctor Strange #1 will be part of the group, eventually.

Try Toy Anxiety too they are excellent and part stuff out, usually right at release. Yeah, I was uncomfortable heating stuff up at first but warming stuff for fit - so far so good. :pray:

I read that you were talking customs so I wanted to share my rooted hair Ragnarok Loki. Pretty happy with it.
I used a KO hs because I like to keep my figures stock but I also like to adding options.
Now I’m undecided to put on or not the helmet because it would ruin the hairstyle... decisions decisions....[emoji1]
39e6505f83d960b77baf3db6f73b0a01.jpg

6f766257b2a5851350208008c7f3779d.jpg

444e1984d2fd61202dec17299b5a6202.jpg

Edit : I took courage and put the helmet on !
1c38ef7dcdc07813e435b176b16316a6.jpg

6b987d66fd0a235ffb030e9d323f8efa.jpg

I read that you were talking customs so I wanted to share my rooted hair Ragnarok Loki. Pretty happy with it.
I used a KO hs because I like to keep my figures stock but I also like to adding options.

Wow:clap. I think the bit of volume with rooted hair does a LOT. Great job and nice KO - sad to say, IMO some of the KO pics I've seen are really getting good in quality.
I mean it is sad that at times - IMO not with Loki - it seems that HT went w. some softer plastic and *seams* which IMO really make a fig look toy-:(like.

Thanks for those pics:)! That's my one real nit w. Loki tho it's a mild one - the hair affecting neck articulation. But it's really well sculpted tho.

I just gotta find time to learn to do GOOD rooted hair - I've got tools etc. but just no time.:gah:

Thanks!:) Still working on my "Ragnarok" shelf - my Doctor Strange #1 will be part of the group, eventually.

Try Toy Anxiety too they are excellent and part stuff out, usually right at release. Yeah, I was uncomfortable heating stuff up at first but warming stuff for fit - so far so good. :pray:

Thanks, I will check them out!
When your Ragnarok Shelf is finished please share some pics.

Now I’m undecided to put on or not the helmet because it would ruin the hairstyle... decisions decisions....[emoji1]
39e6505f83d960b77baf3db6f73b0a01.jpg

6f766257b2a5851350208008c7f3779d.jpg

444e1984d2fd61202dec17299b5a6202.jpg

Edit : I took courage and put the helmet on !
1c38ef7dcdc07813e435b176b16316a6.jpg

6b987d66fd0a235ffb030e9d323f8efa.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pictures! You did a great job with the hair!
IMO it looks really good with or without the helmet. I don't think the helmet has a negative affect on the hairstyle at all, as a matter of fact it may look even better.

Thanks for sharing your pictures! You did a great job with the hair!
IMO it looks really good with or without the helmet. I don't think the helmet has a negative affect on the hairstyle at all, as a matter of fact it may look even better.

Thank you very much for the kind words!
I was afraid that the helmet would have messed up (practically) the hairstyle I had done but fortunately I stuff I put there to keep them in shape has kept and now I can put on and take off the helmet without problem. Very happy with it.
Thanks again for your appreciation [emoji1317]

Back