1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much for the kind words!
I was afraid that the helmet would have messed up (practically) the hairstyle I had done but fortunately I stuff I put there to keep them in shape has kept and now I can put on and take off the helmet without problem. Very happy with it.
Thanks again for your appreciation [emoji1317]

My pleasure.

I have recently been noticing some of the great customizing work that people like on this forum have been doing! It has been reaaly cool seeing some of the things you guys have been able to accomplish. Thanks again for posting your pics!

Hey guys
So I am going to show the final pics of my Loki (Ragnarok) wearing the helmet from Avengers 1
I purchased this helmet a little more than a year ago, when it arrived it actually seemed like a rubbery plastic mold and was putty grey.

I painted the helmet gold which looked ok, however it did not fit very well and the right side of the helmet tilted very noticeably outward.

Thanks to some very helpful suggestions by forum members I used heat to manipulate the fit and asymmetry of the helmet. I also added another coat of paint. I am pretty satisfied with the outcome overall. I don't want to adjust it any further because although its not perfect I don't want to risk ruining it. Also the paint job could be better but I don't know how to replicate a patina effect on it.

At any rate here are a few pics of my Loki (Ragnarok) with the helmet from Avengers 1, thanks again for the tips guys ...

**Btw the second and the last pictures were taken before my final adjustment, hence the slightly wider gap at the bottom front part of the helmet

Attachments

• LOKI IMG_2544Cjk.JPG
    LOKI IMG_2544Cjk.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_2613.jpg
    IMG_2613.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_2547.jpg
    IMG_2547.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_2562.jpg
    IMG_2562.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_2567.jpg
    IMG_2567.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2589.jpg
    IMG_2589.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2594.jpg
    IMG_2594.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 315
Well done ! From the pictures I am not sure,but I think the helmet would be awesome with some glossy finish.

Hey guys (re final Loki pic)

IMO this is a beautiful very clean job:clap:clap:clap - re the fit personally I wouldn't have known this wasn't original:clap. I'm probably at your skill level - basic - which is no insult or negative at all. My first paint attempts - a simple design on wood - taught me fast enough that getting a smooth coat of paint, keeping a straight line, and so on, is a HUGE skill. I have mad respect for painters now.

So bravo here! Also kudos for knowing when to quit (I pat myself on the back for that too). IMO a good clean paint job that can always be toned etc. later is WAY better than a blobby, spotty mess w. hair and lint stuck in.:horror LOL ask how I know that.:cool:

Anyway congrats on a stellar effort:) - I'd happily display this if I had it:). I can't tell but if u wish you had a true "gold chrome" look??? well, from reading, mostly about the Winter Soldier's chrome arm and how to get that effect - it's not that easy - undercoating with black and all this other stuff. I bet doing a true shiny gold metal (which a lot of times real gold isn't anyway, it's more buffed) takes some work too.

LOL if I see that helmet on the 'bay I might grab one too.:monkey3 Thank you for sharing those pictures it helps seeing what can work, what doesn't.

Past waitlist - I bet Loki's prices shoot up:horror

Thanks so much guys!!!

I appreciate your input, I am a beginner at such things and I realize I have a lot to learn.

In my previous (and only other) modification job I filed down Thor (DW) head so that the helmet of a previous version would work. My modifications to his head worked great (luckily) but the helmet was not an original and was sort of an unpainted mold product. My paint attempts with a silver chrome did not work well at all. Probably because I didn’t prepare the helmet properly before applying the paint. It seems like chrome paints can be tricky in plastics. That said you guys are right I think this helmet would look better with a more metallic finish. I may get another helmet then shape and paint that, I am going to leave this one alone :)

Btw: I edited my last post because the second and last photos were actually from before my final adjustments and as such have a larger opening near his chin. I used the wrong pictures partially bk it is a pain for me to post pictures to this forum using my phone.

Sassafras I would for you to share discussion/pics of that failed project you mentioned :)

Finally, most of the little bumps and things on the helmet were there when it arrived, I probably could have sanded them down first ...damn impatience!!

Thanks so much guys!!!

I appreciate your input, I am a beginner at such things and I realize I have a lot to learn.

In my previous (and only other) modification job I filed down Thor (DW) head so that the helmet of a previous version would work. My modifications to his head worked great (luckily) but the helmet was not an original and was sort of an unpainted mold product. My paint attempts with a silver chrome did not work well at all. Probably because I didn’t prepare the helmet properly before applying the paint. It seems like chrome paints can be tricky in plastics. That said you guys are right I think this helmet would look better with a more metallic finish. I may get another helmet then shape and paint that, I am going to leave this one alone :)

Btw: I edited my last post because the second and last photos were actually from before my final adjustments and as such have a larger opening near his chin. I used the wrong pictures partially bk it is a pain for me to post pictures to this forum using my phone.

Sassafras I would for you to share discussion/pics of that failed project you mentioned :)

I'll try. I have various *projects of shame*. Mostly they are quietly stuffed into a plastic tub and stored until I can get over the stress.:lol I don't usually toss stuff tho as I figure "repurpose, at some point".

Fortunately random 1/6 stuff I pick up, and parts are small, so can hide away. Actually my Roadworn Thor is standing on a Phicen base I touched up w. cheap oil paints, which didn't come out like I thought at all. Poor prep and horrible paints. One day I'm gonna strip and just redo, somehow. Still, I learn. Like "if you have shaky hands take the time to mask off small areas when painting" "do not paint 1/6 scale anything when u are in a bad mood" "do not paint when cat is shedding" "do not prop unstable small bottles on edge of table" :cool:

I'll try. I have various *projects of shame*. Mostly they are quietly stuffed into a plastic tub and stored until I can get over the stress.:lol I don't usually toss stuff tho as I figure "repurpose, at some point".

Fortunately random 1/6 stuff I pick up, and parts are small, so can hide away. Actually my Roadworn Thor is standing on a Phicen base I touched up w. cheap oil paints, which didn't come out like I thought at all. Poor prep and horrible paints. One day I'm gonna strip and just redo, somehow. Still, I learn. Like "if you have shaky hands take the time to mask off small areas when painting" "do not paint 1/6 scale anything when u are in a bad mood" "do not paint when cat is shedding" "do not prop unstable small bottles on edge of table" :cool:

LMAO!
That all actually seems like very sound advice, I will make sure to avoid those pitfalls. Thanks from helping me minimize the likelihood of accumulating my own tub of “projects of shame” ...I am sure some are inevitable but maybe I will just end up with half a storage container full rather than a full container :)

LMAO!
That all actually seems like very sound advice, I will make sure to avoid those pitfalls. Thanks from helping me minimize the likelihood of accumulating my own tub of “projects of shame” ...I am sure some are inevitable but maybe I will just end up with half a storage container full rather than a full container :)

That's coz I tinker - like try to dye stuff and so on:horror. No fear IF it's not a "genuine" HT:lol. Meanwhile, Loki #2 rolled in so here's the fam - work in progress. The Anubis and Bast figures are Phicen - beautiful - actually Bast was for BP.

I figure the Sanctums are full of curious stuff so I wanted to add a few items. I never did see the Moon Knight hood that is supposedly laying around Dr. Strange's Sanctum:dunno but it's a cool idea if it's there. Still working on this display - I need to make a stand of the Eternal Flame.

But Loki finished off my DS/Ragnarok figs (Ancient One is not HT - custom - LOL gave her battle fans) so now I can just work on display. 2 perfect Lokis and these - all of the Ragnarok figs I own - are beautiful figs. Regret not having Valkyrie. I wouldn't mind Banner but besides Hulk he would need a custom outfit $$$$ e.g. "Tony's clothes".

The last Loki probably? Maybe? from HT. I can only hope IW Bucky is this good.:pray:

HotToys_Ragnarok_Loki.jpg

HotToys_Ragnarok_Loki_Tesseract.jpg

What a great display, very creative!!

Wonderful work Sassafras, thanks for sharing these photos!!!

I agree with you about Bucky Barnes, I expect mine will arrive in a few months, if his clothing matches the workmanship displayed on this Loki figure, that would be epic.

What a great display, very creative!!

Wonderful work Sassafras, thanks for sharing these photos!!!

I agree with you about Bucky Barnes, I expect mine will arrive in a few months, if his clothing matches the workmanship displayed on this Loki figure, that would be epic.

Thank you Omega! And thanks for sharing your work too - always great to know what is possible.:) I'm gonna continue to mess with this display - now I think my shelf floor is too white, guess I'll look around for some kind of covering for this group.

Re Bucky tho that's the thing - sometimes IMO their quality waffles:(. Tho hafta say - tho it took a while to get everything I ordered - as Civil War fig after fig came in - at least the ones I ordered are all stellar (except for some not enough accessories). Seems like Ragnarok as well.:rock2

I'd almost forgotten about this Loki as my PO went on so long - but IMO anyone picking him up can give themselves kudos. Sold out at BBTS, waitlisted at SSC, and a quick check at Ebay of course the prices are marked up.

Only thing is now I'm mad at HT for not making Valkyrie as well.:slap

Thank you Omega! And thanks for sharing your work too - always great to know what is possible.:) I'm gonna continue to mess with this display - now I think my shelf floor is too white, guess I'll look around for some kind of covering for this group.

Re Bucky tho that's the thing - sometimes IMO their quality waffles:(. Tho hafta say - tho it took a while to get everything I ordered - as Civil War fig after fig came in - at least the ones I ordered are all stellar (except for some not enough accessories). Seems like Ragnarok as well.:rock2

I'd almost forgotten about this Loki as my PO went on so long - but IMO anyone picking him up can give themselves kudos. Sold out at BBTS, waitlisted at SSC, and a quick check at Ebay of course the prices are marked up.

Only thing is now I'm mad at HT for not making Valkyrie as well.:slap

I love seeing things that people come up with in this forum.

I have been very happy with the Civil War figures as well. As I mentioned before somewhere, I started with this hobby sort of late (Thor DW) so my Avengers acquisitions are primarily from Civil War: Captain America, Iron Man, War Machine, Black Widow, Falcon, Black Panther, and Hawkeye. I think they are all fantastic! I also have Vision but I think he is from Age of Ultron. Unfortunately I waited too long and missed on Scarlet Witch. I hope that they make an Endgame version of her (please, please).

Yeah it took a long time for Loki to come in (or maybe it just seems like a along time bk I pre-ordered him immediately (so glad I did).

As far as Valkyrie is concerned I hope that the speculation is correct about HT making an Endgame version of her. That would be so awesome bk she is great and I think a figure in that white outfit could be incredible!!!

My Loki just came today. The headsculpt is rough without the helmet on but so was the Avengers version. None of the Hiddleston sculpts look great I wonder why they have a hard time with his face. The suit looks great, i prefer it to the Avengers version in hand. Now to display and enjoy until the suit starts flaking in a few years.

Mine came today too. Really loving him! Looks damn good with the helmet on. The suit feels quality. I hope it doesn’t start flaking. :lol

My Loki just came today. The headsculpt is rough without the helmet on but so was the Avengers version. None of the Hiddleston sculpts look great I wonder why they have a hard time with his face. The suit looks great, i prefer it to the Avengers version in hand. Now to display and enjoy until the suit starts flaking in a few years.

Congratulations!

I agree that the headsculpt looks significantly better/more accurate with the helmet on for some reason, maybe Hiddleston just has a face that is hard for them to capture. It is a great looking figure and looks much better in hand than in photos.

I am curious though, what makes you think the suit will start flaking? I hope that doesn’t happen it would be a real shame.

Congratulations!

I agree that the headsculpt looks significantly better/more accurate with the helmet on for some reason, maybe Hiddleston just has a face that is hard for them to capture. It is a great looking figure and looks much better in hand than in photos.

I am curious though, what makes you think the suit will start flaking? I hope that doesn’t happen it would be a real shame.

Its pleather and all pleather eventually flakes, its the nature of the thin synthetic and the glue used to keep it together, it doesnt last very long.

I have no issues with any pleather. My oldest figure is the Last Stand Wolverine. Holding up just fine.

Its pleather and all pleather eventually flakes, its the nature of the thin synthetic and the glue used to keep it together, it doesnt last very long.

That does happen, true, but my oldest figs like Rescue Cap (pleather jacket) and the TWS figs are holding up great. Whatever kind of pleather HT used for Loki - I picked at it and it seems pretty strong. I do take reasonable care but don't fuss over my figs.

I like this sculpt a lot, helmet or not. I had Loki #2 out and it's eerily like Tom Hiddleston, depending on the real Loki's expression in Ragnarok, frame to frame. Just really happy with the 2 Lokis and quality of stitching, paint, and details like the black shading to green at the tunic edge.

A few nits like not being able to detach the cloak. I feel like horned Loki just MAKES my Ragnarok shelf along with Hela re the headress presence. Like having Falcon accents the TWS and CW shelf and Ultron Mark 1 does for that film - eye catching (but I am using bookshelves for display, not Detolfs. Tho re space I see some amazing hacks and shelf customizing).

Well if it does start to flake in a couple of years, you can always buy a black suit. :dunno

Back