1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. I was able to get a dark world loki for a good price used, less than retail i believe, and I ordered a ragnarok helmet from Toy Anxiety. I am on the waitlist at Sideshow for Ragnarok Loki. If it converts I'll order it and then be able to compare the two and see which one i prefer in hand. I only want one Loki so whichever gets second place I will sell. I appreciate everyone's input. :)

Yeah, IMO Ragnarok Loki completely blows TDW Loki away. I always had issues with the likeness on TDW Loki, and the way it's basically just a stripped down AV Loki.

a1.jpga2.jpg

This figure has been released for awhile now, but still has an open waitlist on Sideshow. Does anyone think Sideshow may receive another shipment, or do you think this is just an unclosed waitlist? I’m still hoping my waitlist request converts since I let this figure pass me by hoping for an Endgame A1 re-make.

This figure has been released for awhile now, but still has an open waitlist on Sideshow. Does anyone think Sideshow may receive another shipment, or do you think this is just an unclosed waitlist? I’m still hoping my waitlist request converts since I let this figure pass me by hoping for an Endgame A1 re-make.

I wish I could tell you that I know how Sideshow operates their waitlists but I don’t know. But I also noticed that he has an open waitlist which seems to indicate that they expect to have more product at some point and make them available. I certainly hope so for your sake because this version of Loki is very impressive in-hand. When mine arrived I was pleasantly surprised at how well done the clothing is and how great the headsculpt looks ...good luck!!

Thanks for the positive figure energy! Yeah, if my waitlist converts, I will be all over it immediately! I don’t think Loki will have a regal futuristic look with a horned helmet in his Disney show, much less warrant a new figure as well. But who knows?

The way the waitlist works is that they order an amount(Let's say 400, for argument's sake), the item goes to waitlist when they sell 350(Once again, and arbitrary amount). So, they have 50 of them on shelves. The reason is that some people will get one with a janky head paintjob. Some will get a tear in the cape. One might arrive without a boot, yet others will arrive with other imperfections and people will demand a full replacement, and so on. They hold back some stock to replace defective parts, give replacements, etc. It's safe to assume that once a few months have elapsed since the last fulfilled order, people are happy enough with their figures, and the excess stock is then released to people on the waitlist. Sometimes, you go on the waitlist and it converts in a week.
Other times, you go on the waitlist and it never converts.
Yet other times, a figure that sold out a year ago comes back on the store, because they found twenty of them on a shelf.
It might convert.
Or it might not.
The safest bet is to get your name on the list if you really want one.

Just got a waitlist conversion....doesn’t seem like you can use a payment plan tho :/

The way the waitlist works is that they order an amount(Let's say 400, for argument's sake), the item goes to waitlist when they sell 350(Once again, and arbitrary amount). So, they have 50 of them on shelves. The reason is that some people will get one with a janky head paintjob. Some will get a tear in the cape. One might arrive without a boot, yet others will arrive with other imperfections and people will demand a full replacement, and so on. They hold back some stock to replace defective parts, give replacements, etc. It's safe to assume that once a few months have elapsed since the last fulfilled order, people are happy enough with their figures, and the excess stock is then released to people on the waitlist. Sometimes, you go on the waitlist and it converts in a week.
Other times, you go on the waitlist and it never converts.
Yet other times, a figure that sold out a year ago comes back on the store, because they found twenty of them on a shelf.
It might convert.
Or it might not.
The safest bet is to get your name on the list if you really want one.

Thank you for the information. I placed a waitlist order for the God of Mischief maybe 6 weeks ago. I haven't heard anything since, but fingers are crossed that Sideshow is done with issuing out replacement parts or figures and there is still stock to fulfill my request.

I agree, Omega9300. This would be a nice version to have on the shelves!

That’s unfortunate, but IMO if you have the funds to spare now you should get him otherwise you will likely regret it. This is a great version of Loki!

Agree! Far as I know that's the thing with conversions - or maybe - I noticed that as a fig or statue gets closer to release there's less opportunity for payment plans. At least with stuff that's popular.

For sure this Loki is one I'd say suck up the burn and get him, a great release!

Back