1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's also one of the most talked about figures from the MCU line from Hot Toys. Personally it's one of two (maybe three) figures I regret being a fraction too late to the party to buy..
I didn't get it cos I was too late in collecting hot toys but I didn't regret as much cos I didn't like the tailoring, is just too puffy. But if they redo A1 Loki with better headsculpt and tailoring, I am very tempted to get another Loki.

Reason why I bought this is because of the awesome helmet. I maybe tempted to get it if they redo avengers 1 loki.
View attachment 439589
I love him cos of the helmet too... I think overall I prefer him to the A1 one. The outfit is simple, making the helmet stands out more but is a personal preference. I just got a scepter for my loki, just that I don't have the awesome pose that you had there.
2a329eedb152de18b8e4145edb5415e0.jpg
83c9bc1e1f08db6b117d66311f5ad596.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Why do you guys expect them to redo Avengers 1 Loki?

It’s still (for me) one of the best Marve HTs ever made. The sculpt, tailoring and accessories are superb, it really was my grail figure and I was lucky to get him new for a reasonable price.

If they improve on it with a V2, I’ll order day one.

The only way I see A1 Loki re-issue would be in a convention exclusive this summer and if so, he is already made or is being made at the factory very soon. My hunch is this is Ragnarok is the last Loki, so if anyone doesn’t have one this should be the go get as he will command great secondary market coin. Considering the other two have very average sculpts, the A1 Loki will probably increase in price as it has the best sculpt, tailoring and accessories (long staff) of any Loki available.

Perhaps when Avengers turns 10 in 2022, there would be an opportunity as well for an annaversary edition.

Is this as limited in pose potential as the recent deadpool? Don’t get me wrong they both look amazing, I just didn’t like the suit in deadpool that didn’t let me bend him much at all as a deadpool should bend 😢

Is this as limited in pose potential as the recent deadpool? Don’t get me wrong they both look amazing, I just didn’t like the suit in deadpool that didn’t let me bend him much at all as a deadpool should bend [emoji22]
Don't have deadpool but the suit is looser, so I think it's better than deadpool. But the material worries me, but not as much as iw thor.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not sure...but if that is an actual sculpt then that is just pure awesomeness! :)

Watch them do a re-release either for EndGame or his TV show with that exact expression now. :slap:slap:slap

Actually it's times like this I wish Hot Toys would employ another sculptor to do an alternate sculpt for some figures. So people can buy it additionally if they want. Would be a pretty good little money earner which would pay for itself I think.

Watch them do a re-release either for EndGame or his TV show with that exact expression now. :slap:slap:slap

Actually it's times like this I wish Hot Toys would employ another sculptor to do an alternate sculpt for some figures. So people can buy it additionally if they want. Would be a pretty good little money earner which would pay for itself I think.

:lol :exactly: I wouldn't put it past them!

Agree with that - I wish they would offer alternate sculpts too, I'd happily purchase a sculpt like that one.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Speaking of A1 Loki...

I just set mine up after my move and being boxed up for over 18 months and while I’m still extremely happy with Ragnarok Loki, seriously I’m so happy that I bought 2 A1’s back in the day. Like most HT’s from that era, some things aren’t as “refined” but the detail is exceptional (Hiddelston looks so young) and the costume is probably one of the most elaborate being at least on par with both Jack Sparrows, Dr. Strange and Yondu. And I’m not trying to throw any shade on HT’s at all because, In my opinion, they do a great job with what they have to work with and while accurate and fantastic so many other releases have been, it mostly comes down to what they are replicating depends on the movie costume.

Either way I’m very stoked since, once I unpack more, I will finally have a shelf that I can dedicate to Loki and the 4 versions I plan to display (A1, TDW-in chains, Ragnarok and the Avengers 1 Kitbash suit from Germany when he had that cool scarf and the scepter was a cane). Anyways, here’s just a couple quick & crappy A1/Ragnarok pictures before I put them on shelves. And yes, I wired the Ragnarok cape!

Attachments

• 4FEEDC40-0AE9-45E2-B007-5A2DB7B8855A.jpg
    4FEEDC40-0AE9-45E2-B007-5A2DB7B8855A.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 284
  • 405261DD-65AC-451F-9793-D84CCB0407BC.jpg
    405261DD-65AC-451F-9793-D84CCB0407BC.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 37B4FD1F-B9CC-40BF-8567-2A5360CE1B94.jpg
    37B4FD1F-B9CC-40BF-8567-2A5360CE1B94.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 277
Ummm, I used wire?

How can I be more specific, not trying to be a d1ck (it just comes naturally) but really, umm lemme think...

I use a very thin gauge that you can get in spools from any hardware store, most importantly, you need to get solid wire, I find that 16 gauge is the best for thin capes and no thicker than 14 for stuff like a big batman cape. I strip the plastic to get the wire even thinner and then I basically just feed the wire along the bottom, side(s) and/or top depending on how I feel like posing the cape.

I guess the best advice is that you should have a basic idea of how you want the cape to look before wiring the cape and with how thin the 16 gauge is once stripped, you just feed it through the stitching along the edges that keeps the front and back material stitched together.

Honestly, it's no big deal at all and there is going to almost no way of achieving crazy dynamic cape in the air types of posing when wiring a cape yourself (unless you have access to and can use a sewing machine) because the wire will move around once you feed it into a stock cape. But I've used this for pretty much every Thor cape and Supes just so it doesn't hang off the pole looking all stupid.

I hope that helps and please give it a try, it's really easy!

Yeah I think he was just asking how you fed it into the fabric. You can get 16 and 14 Ga wire sans the jacket from stores like Michaels for this mod.

Back