Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VTS's will be a near HT quality fig. Regardless of your interest in the source material, if you check in on their (their being the "licensed" division of their company, DAM) Aguilar from Assassin's Creed, you'll see what I mean. Aside from the eye paint apps, that figure has an outfit who's tailoring goes to to toe with HT's best. If HT had produced that figure as is, it'd be lauded for it's construction.

604bcd7237838d720526ac54ee8c38c6.jpg

Picking this release up over the spiritual leader is a no brainier (barring a HT release). The only downside is that VTS takes FOREVER to release their products. If HT leaves the Matrix behind, then VTS is a great company to pick up the mantle.

VTS Morpheus will also NOT be scaled correctly with HT Neo.... VTS has horrible scaling (see Furiosa).

Yeah but I think that was truly a screw up they just didn’t have the finances to fix....

Everything else on that figure was great, especially for the price tag. After a bit of work I think mine looks great.

On hat note, I dpubt it will scale with HT either.

But that head sculpt , at least the bottom of the head looks pretty good.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

VTS Morpheus will also NOT be scaled correctly with HT Neo.... VTS has horrible scaling (see Furiosa).

I didn't get Furiosa, but since it's a female character, I don't want to judge them seeing as so many companies screw up the female to male scale. If this were Trinity I'd be a lot more worried.

HT Neo is a giant to begin with. So you just know that Morpheus will never scale right.

No matter, I'll be getting the VTS if no better option presents itself. I look forward to this figure in the beginning of 2021.

HT Neo is a giant to begin with. So you just know that Morpheus will never scale right.

No matter, I'll be getting the VTS if no better option presents itself. I look forward to this figure in the beginning of 2021.

Lol.....optimist....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I didn't get Furiosa, but since it's a female character, I don't want to judge them seeing as so many companies screw up the female to male scale. If this were Trinity I'd be a lot more worried.

Agreed. I'm not as worried about their male figures, and if anything their Mad Max was too tall. I actually had to shorten mine to make it more accurate to Tom Hardy.

Fishburne is supposedly 6 feet tall, which is an inch shorter than Keanu, so if the figure looks a bit shorter that should be fine.

With VTS you can expect a great outfit and a mediocre headsculpt. I have the Wasteland Ranger, and while the outfit is excellent, the headsculpt certainly does not approach the fidelity of Hot Toys. Furiosa's production head was miserable, as was New Epoch Cop's.

If it's true that Damtoys and VTS are the same (this is news to me), I own the Damtoys Altair and it is an overall tremendous figure--but again, the headsculpt is not comparable to Hot Toys.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

For that price it’s almost definitely completely flat.

I had a similar pair, and it was okay.

I’d recommend getting Full Metal or Doggie Doc customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's flat, you have to bow the lens and bend the rods, but for the price ... Of Neo's custom glasses, the best I've seen so far is the robbiethepainter, it's perfect.

Back