Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my Neo ; stunning figure but I don’t feel the likeness without the glasses...
These are old eyeglasses I bought from osk.
a30dcac34b8bca6a151581ef2a93b8cd.jpg

Such a great figure, HTs really nailed this one. I usually do some sort of little mod here and there just to fix any little nitpicks I have with a fig but really can’t find any with this one. Well other than the missing 2nd set of pistols and the inaccurate shades but those will be upgraded once doggiedoc releases his. Bravo HTs! Now bring on Smith!
befa0a60c5d0970c67f8828bcc2ee5b9.jpg
8c72e59b23a210845d6e55ab86bc8a09.jpg
93b499d4337743e1598877fd76f4601b.jpg
74a9fbeb320b501514ee35bc0c4dc58e.jpg
127be5c48160ae6906467e4fd300624b.jpg
9b76776fb3e93a707f94732badffe08c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man great poses, stealing the guns outstretched
one....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Man great poses, stealing the guns outstretched
one....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Wow, really great poses there. I also really like the 4th shot with the rifle, all geared up. Beautiful.

Great pics! I'll be stealing the outstretched one too lol

Thanks guys! Just a really fun fig to play with as it takes little to no futzing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a delivery notice on mine, looking forward to getting him set up although it'll probably be Saturday before I get a chance.
On a sad note, it just occurred to me this was the last figure I had on preorder, and will probably be my last 1/6 for a while until either ROTJ Vader or ESB Luke are announced... Looks like I'll be finishing on a high note though...

Well my Neo turned up today... Ye gods Hot Toys actually made an effort with this one didn't they? I wasn't expecting to like this figure nearly as much as I do.

Got to admit the stuff that impressed me was the real boots, and shoulder holsters rather than all of the guns, but the guns are excellently done too. I can't remember how long it's been (ever?) since HTs bothered to do real shoes rather than immovable plastic lumps.

(Which guns specifically should I be looking out for to pick up the missing extras?)

I checked out the quality of the figure a bit more thoroughly than I usually do before display, since the external parts of the box looked a little like this one had been a returns job (no sticker on the bottom flap, glue residue) but everything internally looked pristine/sealed - and nice to see they've finally learnt their lesson about staining in transit, for once there was plenty of thoroughly applied protective plastic wrap in places where black transferring would show up. I think he might be getting his own shelf in my detolf equivalent when I finish setting up the display.

I finally cracked mine open and put him in the somersault pose(after reviewing MISB Posing with Peter video on YouTube). Da**! This figure is Bad A**! I'm with you Vetinari, Neo got his own shelf in one of my Detolfs.

Got mine set up yesterday. Love the figure but have to say I absolutely hate the base, more specifically the way they designed the clamp with that extra plastic insert. The heat shrink around the post on mine was badly finished so even after trimming I had to take the clamp apart to get it on, and ended up cracking the back support part. I don’t know why they couldn’t have just had a clamp that was the correct size for the post and tightens directly onto it, like they did with the Mk46 flexible post - I have to assume the clamp is a re-use from another figure and adapted it for this one.
Anyway, the figure itself is great, I wish HT did more non-MCU and non-SW figs like this...

Yep; making a billion dollars per film is surely "in the toilet."

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Got mine set up yesterday. Love the figure but have to say I absolutely hate the base, more specifically the way they designed the clamp with that extra plastic insert. The heat shrink around the post on mine was badly finished so even after trimming I had to take the clamp apart to get it on, and ended up cracking the back support part. I don’t know why they couldn’t have just had a clamp that was the correct size for the post and tightens directly onto it, like they did with the Mk46 flexible post - I have to assume the clamp is a re-use from another figure and adapted it for this one.
Anyway, the figure itself is great, I wish HT did more non-MCU and non-SW figs like this...
I definitely agree with you on the clamp. I brok the same piece off trying to open the clamp to place are Neo. It was definitely cheaply made.

I never saw that trailer before I first saw the Matrix. Good thing too, it does show a lot.

I just remember seeing the bullet time bit on TV commercials and thinking 'ugh, another virtual reality movie John Woo style' (which was not a good thing)... and I was so happily wrong. BEST movie that summer. Best movie in a very long time at that point.

When I first saw that trailer, I thought "Are you kidding? Johnny Mnemonic was just a couple of years ago." I was really glad to find out they definitely were not kidding.

Back