Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't know if the body is tailored for neo or generic, but no way Hot Toys can produce outfits that fits like customs. the pants may be accurate but it still won't be tailor fit. it's something that cannot be mass produced at the moment. just like hand tailored suits. and hot toys ain't gonna go hand tailoring the costumes.

remember this, accuracy doesn't equate to perfect fit. my first impression seeing his Neo isn't just that sunglass but how fitting the costumes are compare to my stock version.
I have a bit of customs and handmades, multiples on Neo since i am really a fanatic of the matrix and i still stand firm on my previous statement, HT did a bloody good job on Neo.

And yes the body is made to Keanu body proportion

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Love this figure! Got him and Doctor Strange IW one day apart and they’re both great.
c2ec8a4b9452690b2842460dc2cbca14.jpg
01fc23a3be0b02189eb92975f9b357af.jpg

Finally got my shipping soon notice from Alter Ego! It's been a while since I've been this excited to get a Hot Toys figure in hand. I was so pumped this was releasing soon that I rewatched the trilogy last weekend (ended up liking the last 2 movies way more than I remmebered, Reloaded in particular).
I did the same recently with the 4k releases. And same thing, I found myself enjoying the later two more than I remember I did the first time seeing them. Reloaded especially. I really love the whole Chateau scene. And Monica Bellucci! [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I did the same recently with the 4k releases. And same thing, I found myself enjoying the later two more than I remember I did the first time seeing them. Reloaded especially. I really love the whole Chateau scene. And Monica Bellucci! [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think I've just been starved for legit great action sequences in modern Hollywood blockbusters. The whole Chateau through the chase scene in Reloaded is pretty much un-mached in blockbuster cinema since Reloaded. Thank god smaller films like Keanau's John Wick have carried the torch all these years for extremely well done fights.

Hahahaha

Custom price: 1200.00
HT Price :235.00

Comparing custom dolly’s to mass produced?

Priceless.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

haha you're real funny that custom was probably years ago and like i said HT will never be able to reach that kind of level in terms of costume fit. and i explained it requires handmade precision to reach that level something HT will never do. and fyi i was commenting on some guy's hybrid custom. then someone just jumped in claiming he has tons of custom Neo and stating how satisfied he is.

good on him but it does not relate to my comments on the costume fittings. i've even mentioned accuracy does not equate to perfect fit. i'm not sure which part of the sentence is hard to understand.

personally, if the item is accurate but doesn't fit well, i rather have something less accurate but fits better. that was my first impression on looking at that hybrid custom Neo. You can just look at that guy's Neo and your HT Neo and you can easily spot the difference in impression even if it's just a few item differences.

haha you're real funny that custom was probably years ago and like i said HT will never be able to reach that kind of level in terms of costume fit. and i explained it requires handmade precision to reach that level something HT will never do. and fyi i was commenting on some guy's hybrid custom. then someone just jumped in claiming he has tons of custom Neo and stating how satisfied he is.

good on him but it does not relate to my comments on the costume fittings. i've even mentioned accuracy does not equate to perfect fit. i'm not sure which part of the sentence is hard to understand.

personally, if the item is accurate but doesn't fit well, i rather have something less accurate but fits better. that was my first impression on looking at that hybrid custom Neo. You can just look at that guy's Neo and your HT Neo and you can easily spot the difference in impression even if it's just a few item differences.
Obviously i have the perfect fit neo after so many neo i had. And obviously you dont know much on custom so you have the illusion of custom means perfect fit lmao, stop trying to claim customs are the best because you pay extra; paying extra doesn't mean it is better.

Attached iMINIme vs the final combination
70d2d6b8422c5223d3708adb6f56b153.jpg
035c98ae7b57744a7188c7b389c4408e.jpg

Obviously i have the perfect fit neo after so many neo i had. And obviously you dont know much on custom so you have the illusion of custom means perfect fit lmao, stop trying to claim customs are the best because you pay extra; paying extra doesn't mean it is better.

Attached iMINIme vs the final combination
70d2d6b8422c5223d3708adb6f56b153.jpg
035c98ae7b57744a7188c7b389c4408e.jpg

so display your Neo stock as HT wanted. i don't care. not like i can afford the custom shirt & pants anyway.

My Neo is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I still have my old Famous Type Neo on display. Just took a good look at him for the first time in ages and all I can say is damn, this upgrade is long overdue!

I wasn’t expecting this, but i think it looks better than my GeeWhiz / Iminime custom, mainly due to clothing fit and sculpt/paint quality.

I agree with most of the notes on here about likeness of the HT sculpt, but honestly you can’t see any of it once you stop looking at side-by-side photos of the movie.

Oh and the FullMetal glasses look great on the HT sculpt (that’s the only mod i made).

2d664b5430d30b13b294c9c9ee7cd8a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They both look good, but i think I prefer the HT ones?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I don't know why folks like to crow whenever a custom figure gets a production run release. As if they are somehow geniuses because they didn't have to spend as much. Sure there's a risk involved in buying a custom I suppose. You never know what's going to get produced or knocked off. For years the only way to have a good Neo was by building or buying a custom. I was very happy with the Iminime (it was about $600 at the time), which still holds up rather well. I also bought the Hot Toys, which is a great upgrade. Neither has gotten the head sculpt quite right, but the glasses help. I still have Kato's Morpheus and Jnix's Trinity, which weren't cheap. I absolutely hope HT produces both of those characters. If so I will upgrade as well. So what if I don't get my money back? The customs will have served their purposes as placeholders. I may eventually sell for what I can get or hold onto them for posterity.

Please HT, announce Agent Smith or Morpheus soon !!

Agreed. I haven't been won over enough by any of the customs or 3rd party Smiths to justify. Morpheus would be great. I have the Kato but it's probably 8 years old and I never got a sword. Plus could use an upgraded head sculpt. I'd also like to see the Twins. Persephone and Merovingian would be fantastic but doubt we'd ever see those.

Last edited:
So are people really feeling like a Reloaded Neo won't happen? There's a custom outfit run right now that I'm tempted to jump into, but it still feels a bit early to me to give up on the idea of a HT version and sink $400 into a custom figure. As much as I really want that Reloaded outfit.

Back