Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I mentioned this before, but I think the likeness (like many) suffers most from a full-frontal view. Semi-profile is quite good. The figure 'vibes' Neo really well and I'm happy enough with it, but agree it's not HT's best.

I agree with this. Full frontal is poor and semi-profile is pretty good. I think the head is indeed too round and too wide front to back.

Wow you guys are picky! I actually thought some of those shots were movie stills......

Buy as always with sculpts its the eye of the beholder. Cannot wait to get this guy!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

3ce6270df948e3640c8963355ebc8077.jpg
dbcc204f34b381eb51ddeb8e03f80ad7.jpg
a6392e6d2588a894bf55de8d9a53aec7.jpg
b48e235b9f38526b60239608c13e0543.jpg

Wow you guys are picky! I actually thought some of those shots were movie stills......

Buy as always with sculpts its the eye of the beholder. Cannot wait to get this guy!

I have not problems with Neo's likeness, but some people do. You don't see that with certain figures, like blue guy and Tom Holland Spidey figure.

3ce6270df948e3640c8963355ebc8077.jpg
dbcc204f34b381eb51ddeb8e03f80ad7.jpg
a6392e6d2588a894bf55de8d9a53aec7.jpg
b48e235b9f38526b60239608c13e0543.jpg

Not sure if you were trying to prove your point or refute it. Clearly the sculpt either needs to be narrower or longer based on the movie stills. And I'm not being prejudicial, but as often is the case, the sculpt has an Asian feel to it. Maybe it's the way the eyes are done and maybe that's why it helps to have the glasses on.

The reality is that different sculptors work on different figures, and each likely has different strengths and weaknesses--do you're never going to get uniform likeness accuracy across the board. I find Neo's likeness is about 80% there, but you might get better or worse results depending on viewing angle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Not sure if you were trying to prove your point or refute it. Clearly the sculpt either needs to be narrower or longer based on the movie stills. And I'm not being prejudicial, but as often is the case, the sculpt has an Asian feel to it. Maybe it's the way the eyes are done and maybe that's why it helps to have the glasses on.

I would say his face is too round as well, but that it does not detract from the sculpt much at all?

Folks have gone on about how great a sculpt is on other figures with much bigger likeness issues is all I am saying.

I took a close look at the sculpt today. Could be a little longer in the face but not by much. Also noticed that the ‘roundness’ being attributed to it is partly due to the solid, 1-piece hair sculpt — as opposed to the sleeker, slightly whispy hair with fly-always on Keanu during filming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ok with the likeness, but i think the face is too far forward in relation to the neck. The chin juts out slightly too much, and the ears seem too far back on the head. I had to fit a temporary pair of sunglasses on him (originals broke immediately) and the arm hooks are not long enough to go round the ears properly, although they fit every other figure i have just fine.

The head sculpting is wrong, look at the side elevation, the profile is totally wrong
f0af73226ececdffd2c9da2dbdae0af9.jpg
6519dca27d05ff2fa8c2c09cfb090204.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

My Neo arrived yesterday - despite the criticisms of the portrait, I really love this figure... Looking forward to Trinity and Morpheus to go with him...

HT Neo 2 alt sm.jpg

HT Neo 3 sm.jpg

HT Neo 4 sm.jpg

HT Neo 5 sm.jpg

HT Neo 6 sm.jpg

HT Neo 7 sm.jpg

It looks like Hot Toys Morpheus is coming !!

IMG_5715.jpg

JC Hong just shared this, he seemed positive about this in comments.

Also only reason Fishburn visited them could be approving HT to use his likeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back