Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Iconic sculpt gets a pass because the standards are lower for smaller companies and custom pieces. If that same sculpt had HT's logo on it, people would be pointing out how inaccurate it looks.

I like the hair, nose and the shape of the face, but the eyes look off and so does the mouth, imo. Overall, I prefer the HT sculpt. Can it be better? Probably, but I'm not sure what can make it better.

Normally I feel that way myself but in this case I think I'd still give it to the custom. Getting the general shape right is important and I feel Hot Toys ****s this up all too frequently (*cough*any given Arnie figure*cough*). The Iconic sculpt seems to have nailed the shape of Keanu's head and the hair looks much cooler, it's got a bit of looseness to it at the hair-parting where Hot Toys - as usual - goes for a tight, rounded off, overly neat and symmetrical look.

Nope, but people see what they want to see. To me it looks like a caricature, like what we think Keanu Reeves looks like, until you actually watch the films, and see how off it really looks . If some of you think that nonexistent figure has a better likeness, cool. If it was real and was available right now, I'd still pick the HT version, but that's just me. :)

VfCVdcL.gif

I'll say this, the HT Neo is no Mandarin. That was a flawless sculpt for a mediocre character. Good actor tho, but still. :mad:

I'm not going to say that the Iconic is perfect, the eyes I believe are damn close and the hair is pretty close as well. Maybe you'd feel different if it had the HT level paintjob.

I just feel if you stuck both shots of the heads in front of someone that didn't collect and didn't know about the opinions of grown men talking dollies... I'd wager they'd immediately know who the Iconic head was supposed to be where as HT may not immediately click.

I'm not going to say that the Iconic is perfect, the eyes I believe are damn close and the hair is pretty close as well. Maybe you'd feel different if it had the HT level paintjob.

I just feel if you stuck both shots of the heads in front of someone that didn't collect and didn't know about the opinions of grown men talking dollies... I'd wager they'd immediately know who the Iconic head was supposed to be where as HT may not immediately click.

It could be the paint. Either way, I'll be happy if the final product looks close to the proto, but if they make improvements, then great. It's not like not buying it is an option.

It could be the paint. Either way, I'll be happy if the final product looks close to the proto, but if they make improvements, then great. It's not like not buying it is an option.

I've been very critical of it, and I'm still getting it since you're not getting another option out there. Regardless of the likeness, the clothing and equipment webbing will be second to none in comparison to every custom and third party attempt at it.

I do want it improved, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Back