Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix: Neo 1/6 scale collectible action figure

Ordered, Had some rewards points I wasn't sure I'd get to use as I've slowed my collecting way down, but I've been waiting a LONG time for this one. Of course I'll still be waiting a long time, did you guys see the expected ship date?? It's a full year to 15 months from now.

I'd be down with the Twins as well.

I think if Hot Toys ends up going all in, I can see them doing them for a Reloaded line. Honestly, I think the sequel films would be mostly more Neo and Trinity figures with the twins being an exception. I love Morpheus but his look changed very little from the original to the second and third films.

Yeah the Old McFarlene version
da01dd126cd4f1644912b3c824a32a28.jpeg
was really well done....

That was a hard one to let go of when I gave up 6” figures for 1/6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good.

I think if Hot Toys ends up going all in, I can see them doing them for a Reloaded line. Honestly, I think the sequel films would be mostly more Neo and Trinity figures with the twins being an exception. I love Morpheus but his look changed very little from the original to the second and third films.

I think the actor's likeness license is more difficult to get than the actual movie license so it would benefit HT to go after other versions of the same actors from the first movie and it's sequels to make the most of the cost of the actors license. So I think more versions of Neo are very likely and if they make the other characters, then those might get other versions as well.

But then again, HT is known for not completing a roster of every wanted character from their many product lines, unless Iron Man is involved.

Since Smith is presumably light on accessories, it would be nice to get a second head.

Think I'll PO this sooner rather than later. I'd passed on non-licensed versions of Neo in the past, and regretted it (despite their quality being even more so-so than the nits in this version), so this is a no brainer.

(Hah! I can already tell that I'll want to buy another of those dusters for a Methos kitbash - and like everyone else I'm going to have to search around for some more guns to add to the display options.)

nice representation of neo.............not perfect but so far he looks shelf worthy....:)

Re: Hot Toys Acquires The Matrix License

can this thread me merged with the one in Dull Figures section and move completely there?

Apparently unlike a lot of folks here I mostly lost interest after the first movie. I thought it was entertaining but kinda forgettable. I might buy Neo here but I wouldn't consider anything beyond that.

From pretty much every other angle the head looks thin enough, but from front on it looks too squat, like the KUMIK version.

s-l1600.jpg

Maybe it's just blending into the neck? (Which, incidentally, is too stubby)

Still loving it though. Probably my most wanted figure ever (in Reloaded gear anyway).

Apparently unlike a lot of folks here I mostly lost interest after the first movie. I thought it was entertaining but kinda forgettable. I might buy Neo here but I wouldn't consider anything beyond that.

I hated the sequels as much as I loved the first. Neo and Smith for me and that’s it, no interest in even Trinity or Morpheus.

Reloaded was my favorite, if not for the movie itself then the concepts (and Neo's new costume).

But then again I liked the SW prequels...

I really want to like this. At this price point and no option to “properly” display him in his hallway scene, I may pass though. It’s a tough decision.

Here comes the first complaint. Why is HT so bad at fabric material? Is it really that difficult to scale down certain types of fabric?

Matrix1-009.jpg

vs
the-matrix-neo-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903302-20.jpg

This material would be good for Reloaded Neo.

This was a day one PO for me. A big 1/6 scale want crossed off the list. If Smith, Morpheus, or Trinity from the first film happen, cool. If not, I’m fine with it.

Looking forward to seeing someone make a custom shot-up lobby display base with marble column.

Back