Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I picked the best photo of each that I already had. The first is Robbie's, second is Doggie's. Third is also Doggie's bet edited to match the Robbie pic, even though it's on a customized sculpt. Hope this helps!

Robbie

Doggie

Doggie's on customized sculpt
48784686991_f9269bc702_c.jpg

Love the customized sculpt, Spangles! :clap

Also, thanks for the comparison. I too was curious how they size up with one another.

Thanks! I really wanted his look from the end and I figured why not have the sculpt modded. :lol

You're welcome! They're both great glasses and I would be happy with either one.

Damn. Didn't know Doggie made one too.

Yep. He just posted yesterday that he has a couple pairs left. I don't know if that's still true, but you could try if you wanted a pair.

boSNkJK.jpg

SgHOY6p.jpg

OV3QGtp.jpg

wBGIyXE.jpg

O1mNnib.jpg

uIyCcKP.jpg

w2ryBLK.jpg

bxb23JY.jpg

Toys Works coming out swinging again with Transcender. I guess VTS isn't going to show us their Morpheus and I'll get the TW one too. The angry sculpt is definitely helped by the sunglasses lol.

Toys Works coming out swinging again with Transcender. I guess VTS isn't going to show us their Morpheus and I'll get the TW one too. The angry sculpt is definitely helped by the sunglasses lol.

Tempting. Looks like just the glasses from the second film tho?

I'm not an expert enough to tell. It's up for PO at OSK now for $131. At that price I'm ok!
I didn't realize it was such a reasonable price, that'll swing it for me!
I'm certainly not an expert either, it just always stuck with me when I first saw Reloaded that Smith's glasses were more Neo-esque to show that he'd been "infected" (I may have even imagined it!)

Its a nice attempt but I don't like that they basically recast the Red Skull sculpt and didn't make an accurate Smith from Matrix.

Also the jacket looks too short.

Also this is the black suit from Matrix Reloaded... good black suits are all over ebay. I want the first Matrix suit, that weird green color with the gold lining.

Maybe, like the Joker, some other companies will give it a go.

Its a nice attempt but I don't like that they basically recast the Red Skull sculpt and didn't make an accurate Smith from Matrix.

Also this is the black suit from Matrix Reloaded... good black suits are all over ebay. I want the first Matrix suit, that weird green color with the gold lining.

Well that is all true. Maybe they figured HT didn't even bother with a new sculpt for their proto, why should we lol.

Is the second sculpt new? I feel like I've seen an angry WWII German sculpt around that looks similar but can't place it. I think it's funny they put a 'all rights reserved' and copy write symbol on their pics of an unlicensed figure with a KO sculpt lol.

Another option would be great, I was hopeful with VTS for Morpheus as I said above, but I feel like they're not close with theirs and just wanted to prevent some POs of the Toys Works one with their teast. But still at this price, $30 less than Morpheus, I think I'll be happy enough. At worst I shouldn't have an issue unloading it for near cost if something else came out. Fully boxed figures for around this price are few and far between these days unfortunately. They are almost "well why shouldn't I buy it?" prices like Xensation's GoT figures.

I’m definitely not 100% sold on those sculpts but the fact that it’s Smith (so multiples are totally acceptable) and even comes with the alternate infecting-hand option means that I’ll have a great display option if VTS or someone else produced a better version down the line.

Yeah I guess if you really need an Agent Smith this will do, but it still seems like it would look pretty simple and cheap next to the HT Neo. Especially with that outdated and cartoonish Red Skull sculpt.

I heard mention some might be interested in "army" building for Smith. This might be the ticket. When and or if HT decides to release Smith these could be those background Smiths.

A pretty mediocre figure. I will probably skip it and hold out for whatever shred of hope remains on the Hot Toys side.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back