Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally received my Anakin today. The sculpt is great, the outfit is nice, but I do gotta day my firsts impression in hand was the body felt a little.....flimsy I guess is the word? The boots are nicely detailed, but feel a little flimsy to me as well. I wish the arms had a bit more range of motion, such as being able to bend backwards a bit (instructions even state not to bend the arms too much outward). I’m surprised as well that he was packaged already wearing the cloak, as opposed to having a separate tray for the cloak to be stored in underneath the actual figure tray so it doesn’t get wrinkled,, such as with RotJ Jedi Luke. Since I don’t have him with the cloak on, I just laid it in the figure tray.

Only minor issue I noticed on mine was a small bit of wire protruding out of the fabric on the left sleeve cuff. Not a huge deal though, as I just bent it so it laid flush against the sleeve and then twisted the sleeve to where that side faces his side.

View attachment 420719

Overall, I’m happy with him. He does look striking on the shelf in hand. I went with a “this is the end for you, my master” pose:

View attachment 420720
View attachment 420721

I’m sure I’ll continue to futz with him in the next few days and make little adjustments here and there as I see new little details in pictures and screen shots that I wasn’t privy of before.

This figure, RotS Kenobi and the AotC Dooku would make for an excellent display.

One per shelf is a sight of beauty

Out of curiosity, and I suppose this goes for both this version and the Sith version since they’re the same figure, did anyone else have to do any major futzing to the outfit out of the box, most notably the shirt collars? Out of the box the collars on mine were a little sloppy and kind of hung loose around his neck, so I really had to do some major futzing by pulling them closer to his neck to get it to somewhat look like this particular image:

B75CA098-4A98-4B02-8342-80E8D6BD2325.jpeg

One per shelf is a sight of beauty

I wish I had the space to do that for every figure.

OneSixthKit has a custom cloak up now for pre-order. Much longer than the stock cape.
That looks pretty good. Might have to consider grabbing one of those. Although I might just pose him in a way where the length won't be as much of an issue. I think its mostly a problem if he's just standing.

I'm on the fence for that custom cape. Overall shape and size look good but not convinced by the shinier fabric.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Quick tip. If you have any thigh expanders that come from most cheap custom 1/6 bodies I highly recommend putting those around anakins thighs. It gives some bulk to his chicken legs so they don’t look as bad proportioned. Makes a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I finally received my Anakin today. The sculpt is great, the outfit is nice, but I do gotta day my firsts impression in hand was the body felt a little.....flimsy I guess is the word? The boots are nicely detailed, but feel a little flimsy to me as well. I wish the arms had a bit more range of motion, such as being able to bend backwards a bit (instructions even state not to bend the arms too much outward). I’m surprised as well that he was packaged already wearing the cloak, as opposed to having a separate tray for the cloak to be stored in underneath the actual figure tray so it doesn’t get wrinkled,, such as with RotJ Jedi Luke. Since I don’t have him with the cloak on, I just laid it in the figure tray.

Only minor issue I noticed on mine was a small bit of wire protruding out of the fabric on the left sleeve cuff. Not a huge deal though, as I just bent it so it laid flush against the sleeve and then twisted the sleeve to where that side faces his side.

View attachment 420719

Overall, I’m happy with him. He does look striking on the shelf in hand. I went with a “this is the end for you, my master” pose:

View attachment 420720
View attachment 420721

I’m sure I’ll continue to futz with him in the next few days and make little adjustments here and there as I see new little details in pictures and screen shots that I wasn’t privy of before.

This figure, RotS Kenobi and the AotC Dooku would make for an excellent display.

Looking real good on display there! The one I received had that wire issue as well - I just pulled it into the sleeve.

Looking real good on display there! The one I received had that wire issue as well - I just pulled it into the sleeve.

Thanks! :duff

All he needs is the lava droid, since that’s the exact pose he did on the lava droid. :lol

I’ve since futzed with him a bit more, namely the collar area. Regarding the wire on mine, I’m not sure I would be able to do the same as you did, unless I cut it. It’s not just a single strand of wire protruding out that you’d be able to just pull back into the sleeve, but more a loop. Is that how yours was?

Back