Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol yeah, I was waiting for the TA part out but the head sculpt sold out in a matter of seconds. I hope some more will surface once Sideshow's second batch starts shipping.

Yeah I’ll be watching there too now. Also,! *shudder* EBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how much TA was selling the sculpt for? Looks like it's going for 130-150 on eBay... ouch. I'd think around 80 would be reasonable.

Still debating which version to buy.. I want to pull the trigger soon, though.

Anyone know how much TA was selling the sculpt for? Looks like it's going for 130-150 on eBay... ouch. I'd think around 80 would be reasonable.

I believe it was 74.99

Just ordered a robe. Id later kick myself not getting that amazing robe to replace the HT housecoat. Thanks D Art studios!

Went with the regular release after debating endlessly. Just ordered! Now onto looking for a better cloak.

Are you guys going to be treating the tabard with anything?

It was listed for 89.99. Still a deal compared to eBay. I’m waiting to see what the first round of Sith Eye version sculpts will be listed for on eBay. Any guesses?

Went with the regular release after debating endlessly. Just ordered!

200.gif

Haha! The sith sculpt looks awesome, and I'm sure I'd pick one up if it was reasonably priced at some point.. but it's only on screen for a few seconds and really limits the "screen accurate" ways you can pose the figure. Also this way I can have pissed off Anakin or heroic Anakin depending on lighting and posing. =P

Haha! The sith sculpt looks awesome, but it's only on screen for a few seconds and really limits the "screen accurate" ways you can pose the figure. Also this way I can have pissed off Anakin or heroic Anakin depending on lighting and posing. =P

giphy.gif

is why...

200.gif

So I finally received my Anakin today. The sculpt is great, the outfit is nice, but I do gotta day my firsts impression in hand was the body felt a little.....flimsy I guess is the word? The boots are nicely detailed, but feel a little flimsy to me as well. I wish the arms had a bit more range of motion, such as being able to bend backwards a bit (instructions even state not to bend the arms too much outward). I’m surprised as well that he was packaged already wearing the cloak, as opposed to having a separate tray for the cloak to be stored in underneath the actual figure tray so it doesn’t get wrinkled,, such as with RotJ Jedi Luke. Since I don’t have him with the cloak on, I just laid it in the figure tray.

Only minor issue I noticed on mine was a small bit of wire protruding out of the fabric on the left sleeve cuff. Not a huge deal though, as I just bent it so it laid flush against the sleeve and then twisted the sleeve to where that side faces his side.

F8F97425-DA6F-4399-92F6-4D894B2F28DF.jpg

Overall, I’m happy with him. He does look striking on the shelf in hand. I went with a “this is the end for you, my master” pose:

AB3F15DE-C660-4C49-967F-F2AF8927E186.jpg
CAA51CEB-76AB-446A-89AF-D575F54A3E51.jpeg

I’m sure I’ll continue to futz with him in the next few days and make little adjustments here and there as I see new little details in pictures and screen shots that I wasn’t privy of before.

This figure, RotS Kenobi and the AotC Dooku would make for an excellent display.

Back