Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I wanted to get a different body for this figure that is closer to Darth Vader's height and bulkiness, what would be a good one to get?

Staining hands, when did this happen :horror

I’ve seen several pictures somewhat recently in this thread. Apparently his left hand has a brown stain in the same spot on many figures. It arrives that way, under the plastic bag that covers his hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine had the the small brown spot on the left hand, I think I was among the first batch customers to receive Anakin..PO him day 1 when he was up for POed at SS in August last year

Same boat. I took the hand off. Soaked the robe as best I could. I don’t do this for a living. So, if it stains it, it stains it. Be vocal. Let them know this is unacceptable.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

My Anakin
44f7409ce9fc3ef7111992d38079cf52.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

So if I wanted to get a different body for this figure that is closer to Darth Vader's height and bulkiness, what would be a good one to get?

Anakin didn't have Vader's height and bulkiness. That's accounted for by the robot legs being taller than his real ones and the bodysuit. The body he's on will be accurate for Anakin's size before his alterations and bodysuit were fitted.

First robe soak I did, I only did in warm water. It looked like it took a little excess dye out, and figured it was good enough. Reading everyone's multiple soaks got me worried.

So last night I used a bowl of warm water and a drop of laundry detergent. lightly swished it around then let it soak for 45 min. Water was def a dark purple, so glad I did the resoak. Also gently streched it a bit during various points if drying and that too seemed to help the length

Anakin didn't have Vader's height and bulkiness. That's accounted for by the robot legs being taller than his real ones and the bodysuit. The body he's on will be accurate for Anakin's size before his alterations and bodysuit were fitted.

I know this, I just don't care about screen accuracy at all. I have my own personal version of what Anakin should have been like in my head. In my head he was a bigger dude, and he wasn't no Chosen One Space Jeebus either lol. He also wasn't an unlikable whiny manchild ha. I don't blame Hayden for any of that though, That's on George...

I think the HT TT-22 is the bulkiest I would recommend ( Arnold body ) if someone wants to make Anakin as big as Vader, but why would you want too. You can’t compare the body type correctly because Hayden was tall but very lanky compared to Prowse who was thick and big ( remember Prowse was a body builder and trained Arnold ) as Vader.

I say HT used the right body for Anakin , can’t see why anyone doesn’t see it

Just received my pre-order arriving in the next 10days notice from BBTS! So looks like they are finally getting him in!

Just got my 10 day notice from BBTS!!! I instantly got excited all over again!!! Let’s go!!!

Hopefully Sideshow gets him in stock soon

I know this, I just don't care about screen accuracy at all. I have my own personal version of what Anakin should have been like in my head. In my head he was a bigger dude, and he wasn't no Chosen One Space Jeebus either lol. He also wasn't an unlikable whiny manchild ha. I don't blame Hayden for any of that though, That's on George...

Just put him on Kylo Ren pegs. They will raise his legs an inch higher. And that's an extra 6 inches in real world height.
He will tower over any other figures.

I think the HT TT-22 is the bulkiest I would recommend ( Arnold body ) if someone wants to make Anakin as big as Vader, but why would you want too. You can’t compare the body type correctly because Hayden was tall but very lanky compared to Prowse who was thick and big ( remember Prowse was a body builder and trained Arnold ) as Vader.

I say HT used the right body for Anakin , can’t see why anyone doesn’t see it

Thanks for the suggestion. Once I get my Anakin and my customization is complete, you'll understand why I'm doing what I'm doing with the body switch and whatnot. I'll post pics on here. I'll just say it has something to do with a "what if" scenario, like what if Vader didn't get dismembered and burned on Mustafar...what if Vader became as powerful as he could have and was still a Sith Lord?

Just put him on Kylo Ren pegs. They will raise his legs an inch higher. And that's an extra 6 inches in real world height.
He will tower over any other figures.

My personal problem is from a lot of angles the stock figure's head looks too big in proportion to his torso, that's why I'm looking for a bulkier body. I'd want him taller too though. Once again I don't care about being screen accurate, because I'm turning him into a full on custom not burned Lord Vader, I'm even gonna get the Sith eyes done by somebody, and I have Vader's cape, tunic and chest armour on standby too. Just wait, it's gonna be so badass when it's done!

Back